Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nul7 Wrote:Thanks for the link to the class. Implemented, but I have absolutely no clue if it works as I don't have any full dvd rips. I'll rip one tomorrow, but if anyone could test from SVN and let me know if it works at all it would really help.

I'm getting incorrect results from scanning a VIDEO_TS folder. I think it maybe picking the wrong IFO file.
proctor Wrote:I'm getting incorrect results from scanning a VIDEO_TS folder. I think it maybe picking the wrong IFO file.
I assume my example of 1,1 for the params works for me as all mine are main movie rips only, no menus.

Prehaps it should simply foreach the IFO files and use the largest time?
I have finished using EMM to manage my movies. I have it save the Poster as <movie>.tbn, Fanart as <movie>-fanart.jpg and NFO <movie>.nfo plus 2 extrathumbs.

I would now like to use the "Bulk Renamer" feature. Will it rename the associated posters and fanart files as well?
FEATURE REQUEST:

On the main page, where on the right you have the movie summary with all the art, flags, info, etc... there's little genre icons for comedy, drama, etc...

I'd love it if you could right click and delete those genres from the movie, because most movies come up with too many genres for my tastes, and it would be easier to remove some from the main page than scrolling through the tiny list in info mode...
clock2113 Wrote:FEATURE REQUEST:

On the main page, where on the right you have the movie summary with all the art, flags, info, etc... there's little genre icons for comedy, drama, etc...

I'd love it if you could right click and delete those genres from the movie, because most movies come up with too many genres for my tastes, and it would be easier to remove some from the main page than scrolling through the tiny list in info mode...

I requested something similar where you choose how many genres to use.
clock2113 Wrote:FEATURE REQUEST:

nul7 Wrote:And, everyone, PLEEEEEEASE, we're begging you, to use the issues/feature request reporting that is on EmberMM.com (see link in sig). It is extremely difficult to keep track of all the bugs and feature requests that are posted in this thread. It also helps us to verify fixes. To kind of "force" this, we're going to have to ignore any bug reports or feature requests that are posted here. Sorry to have to do this, but things keep getting lost in the shuffle and we want to make sure that every reported issue gets the attention it deserves.

And a context menu to add/remove/set Genres will come in next release
Ah sorry, didn't see that post... this thread is so long! It needs it's own subforum...
proctor Wrote:I'm getting incorrect results from scanning a VIDEO_TS folder. I think it maybe picking the wrong IFO file.

clackerdacker Wrote:I assume my example of 1,1 for the params works for me as all mine are main movie rips only, no menus.

Prehaps it should simply foreach the IFO files and use the largest time?

But it's actually returning results? If you click on the movie in the media list and look in the status bar, it will show which file it's using for that movie. Is it the correct one?

EDIT: Would it be safe to assume that the one with the longest duration is the correct one to use?

EDIT2: SVN version uses ifo file with longest duration and will also look for ifo files if selected video file is vob (if none found, if falls back to mediainfo.dll in the case of vobs)
A lot of my movies were done with Media companion and it created VIDEO_TS.nfo for all the movies I used it on. Ember seems to be reading those (not sure why since it seems to be wanting VTS_01_1.VOB), but nothing shows in the certification or release date field. Are these fields from MC incompatable with Ember? My MC nfo's use <mpaa> and <year> respectively for those.

EDIT: Posted before looking. Aparently, I had to add .ifo the valid movie extensions list to get Ember to use VIDEO_TS.ifo for my movies.
Now that it's recognizing my VIDEO_TS.ifo, I've been able to scan and I see that Ember has some more fields than the MC nfo's and that's why I wasn't seeing the certification and release date. Sorry for cluttering up this thread with my learning process.
OK, I do see one problem. I have the fanart preferences set to large, but "only" is not checked. When I scrape for fanart on some movies I get the popup that says it can't find any in my preferred size, but when I select one, the OK button never becomes active. It is always greyed out no matter what I do.

It would be nice if there was a setting that would tell Ember to grab the highest resolution fanart available.
Hmmmm... I am not sure how to download and get this working, I have downloaded and extracted on the files on the first page, but when I do get something running it tells me there is an unhandled exception in .Net Framework. I am guessing I am missing something, but since I am not very computer savvy I don't know what it is. I thought maybe I needed .Net 3.5 from the link on page one, but that doesn't go anywhere for me.

Any help for this noob would be much appreciated.

I keep trying to download .NET framework, but everytime I go to install it gives me a setup error.
I am trying to install this on a windows XP MC machine.
RockDawg Wrote:OK, I do see one problem. I have the fanart preferences set to large, but "only" is not checked. When I scrape for fanart on some movies I get the popup that says it can't find any in my preferred size, but when I select one, the OK button never becomes active. It is always greyed out no matter what I do.

It would be nice if there was a setting that would tell Ember to grab the highest resolution fanart available.

There is... that's what the auto-mode scrapers do.

For the ok button greyed out problem... is it fanart or posters that you're selecting? If posters, the ones that are labeled "multiple" have extra options at the bottom that need to be selected before you can hit ok. If it IS fanart, please enable error logging, try again, and post the errlog if one is created because it's working fine for me and I nothing is "popping out at me" as a potential problem in the code.

EDIT: And for fanart... make sure you are clicking on the image that you want to save as fanart. As noted at the bottom of the screen, the selected image is the one that will be used as fanart and the checked images will be saved as extrathumbs.
SHen350 Wrote:Hmmmm... I am not sure how to download and get this working, I have downloaded and extracted on the files on the first page, but when I do get something running it tells me there is an unhandled exception in .Net Framework. I am guessing I am missing something, but since I am not very computer savvy I don't know what it is. I thought maybe I needed .Net 3.5 from the link on page one, but that doesn't go anywhere for me.

Any help for this noob would be much appreciated.

I keep trying to download .NET framework, but everytime I go to install it gives me a setup error.
I am trying to install this on a windows XP MC machine.

Yes, you need .NET 3.5 (I guess our framework version check is not quite working properly.... unless you have absolutely no .NET framework installed)... I updated the link in the first post, but here it is as well:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...layLang=en
nul7 Wrote:EDIT: Would it be safe to assume that the one with the longest duration is the correct one to use?
Yes. I think the only issue would be auto branching DVDs that have both normal and extended versions on the same disk, but then this is unavoidable without manual input and I don't see it as a major problem.

I'll test the next version against The Abyss and Independance Day which are both branching DVDs. My main PC is buggered so I can't test SVN versions ....