Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
plz add this:

YAMJ (pocpron Hour) is using MOVIEFILE.Fanart
XMBC are using MOVIEFILE-Fanart

Can there be a option for .fanart

Ps. Super nice program
PrimaryMaster Wrote:plz add this:

XBMC are using MOVIEFILE-Fanart

Ps. Super nice program

It will use XBMC's <movie>-fanart.jpg if you select the <movie>.ext option in your source settings.
I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but what about rar archives? Some of my media is still rar'd up and I keep getting this annoying "Media not found" error box everytime Ember can't find the media.

Other than that it's a great piece of software and it's the best I've tested so far. Very good job Smile
Sorry, guys, no update today. I've been a little busy with a different project so I'm only half way through the To Do list. I'll finish it up and catch up on replies tomorrow (for real this time lol).

voiddreamer Wrote:I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, but what about rar archives? Some of my media is still rar'd up and I keep getting this annoying "Media not found" error box everytime Ember can't find the media.

Other than that it's a great piece of software and it's the best I've tested so far. Very good job Smile

There is no "Media not found" error box. There are only 3 "not found" errors:

1> Flags.xml is missing: \Images\Flags\Flags.xml
2> Studios.xml is missing: \Images\Studios\Studios.xml
3> MediaInfo.dll is missing: root path of application (until next version, where I moved it to \Bin)

If it doesn't find media, it just doesn't check the box in the list. If it doesn't find any media at all, it just has a message in the status bar. So read the error message carefully and try to figure out which one it is. If you need some assistance trying to figure out what the problem is, let me know.
midgetspy Wrote:It will use XBMC's <movie>-fanart.jpg if you select the <movie>.ext option in your source settings.

Yes... but i dont want <movie>-fanart.jpg and want <movie>.fanart.jpg
PrimaryMaster Wrote:Yes... but i dont want <movie>-fanart.jpg and want <movie>.fanart.jpg

http://www.antp.be/software/renamer/features
Great product!

A quick question/request - does it support creating "sets" of movies?

YAMJ uses a <set> to do something like this.

http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/BoxedSets

The only other request would be that when editing posters and fanart, that you could scrape a URL directly instead of having to download and loading from a file.

Thanks!

This is what i'm getting.
023 is in the first post.

Should fix all the reported bugs (and probably introduce more. Hey, I was tired. lol) and has a few new features. Didn't quite finish out the To Do list (see the changelog for what's left), but I got all the important stuff in there I think.

I think it's current state has the necessities, so I'm going to go into a "feature freeze" to get some time to prepare the code for throwing up on googlecode or sourceforge. So, until that happens I'll take your feature requests and add them to the To Do list, but will not implement them unless they are necessary to the core function of the program (or are just little changes that can be implemented quickly/easily like control placement, misspellings, etc.) I will however continue to fix bugs as they are reported. Thanks for understanding.

midgetspy Wrote:Bug: It seems that if files are read only EMM won't load them. If I chmod a folder on my NAS so it's read only then in EMM it shows nothing (no poster, fanart, or info) when I click it. I can read the files in Explorer (but not write) so it should at least let me view the movie, yeah?

Feature Suggestion: Once a movie has an NFO, EMM could use in the list the movie title & year from the NFO instead of the file/folder name.

Hmmm... not sure why it won't load read-only files. I'll run a few tests and see what's going on.

Using title from NFO is now implemented in 023. See the movie tab of the settings for the option.

empty Wrote:Could you please support for the germans the site ofdb.de? this would be very great

As I've mentioned a couple times, EMM will soon support every scraper XBMC does... using the same scraper xmls.

ould Wrote:How about http://www.traileraddict.com/. I find they generally have more trailers then the apple site and they even have old stuff. Also they even have an API which is discussed here http://www.traileraddict.com/trailerapi not sure if that is useful or not but thought I would throw it out there. It could also be a source for posters and such. I have no affiliation with this site, I just enjoy using it for my trailer watching needs. The only possible downside is they use Flash rather then quicktime but not sure if that really matters as XBMC can play either easily.

Oh and to Nul7, I love the new program. Loving the simplified interface. I tried using one of the other popular utilities here and I couldn't figure out the interface it was so horrible. Two thumbs up on making a simple interface! I haven't used it enough yet to give any useful feedback as I only looked at it briefly so far.

Kevin

For everyone discussing trailers.... keep the discussion going. Once you guys resolve where to get the trailers from, I'll try to implement trailer scraping after the feature freeze.

sumofatguy Wrote:Is there going to be any command line options added? it would be nice to scape one folder for posters/fanart from the command line maybe... I don't know how feasible/practical that would be though

Probably not. Not sure how it would be useful... what exactly would you use it for?

davegregoire Wrote:This software is not working for me. When I click on a movie that has not been scraped, nothing happens. In the log it displays this error:

Title: Error
Message: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
StackTrace: at Ember_Media_Manager.IMDB.Scraper.SearchMovie(String sMovie)
at Ember_Media_Manager.IMDB.Scraper.GetSearchMovieInfo(String IMDB, Movie& imdbMovie, ScrapeType iType)
at Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.bwScraper_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)
Date/Time: 5/11/2009 2:08:15 PM

Any ideas?

You need .NET 3.5, as noted in the first post. Wink

PrimaryMaster Wrote:plz add this:

XBMC are using MOVIEFILE-Fanart

Ps. Super nice program

I guess I'm just going to have to make options for every file naming scheme imaginable. I'll have to add a tab to the movies tab. lol Added to the To Do list.

ClayM Wrote:Great product!

A quick question/request - does it support creating "sets" of movies?

YAMJ uses a <set> to do something like this.

http://code.google.com/p/moviejukebox/wiki/BoxedSets

The only other request would be that when editing posters and fanart, that you could scrape a URL directly instead of having to download and loading from a file.

Thanks!

I didn't even know XBMC supported that... how does XBMC handle sets in the GUI? I'll add it to the To Do list because I've been wanting to do this for a while with my collection (especially with sets like the Friday the 13th series where they don't all start with "Friday the 13th" so it's hard to find all of them in the movie lists).

voiddreamer Wrote:This is what i'm getting.

wtf? Use 023 from the first post. I don't have support for rar files in it but maybe that will fix the problem for you. I'll add support for detecting rars to the To Do list.
I haven't found a single site yet that has a better selection and is more scrapeable than Apple's site. That's not to say that AMT is particularly comprehensive, but it's at least feasible to scrape it. The other sites I've seen would be a nightmare/impossible to scrape even if they're more comprehensive.
I tried 0.23 and that error seems to be gone. Looking forward to rar support.

Thanks a bunch! Once again, great job!
nul7 Wrote:I didn't even know XBMC supported that... how does XBMC handle sets in the GUI? I'll add it to the To Do list because I've been wanting to do this for a while with my collection (especially with sets like the Friday the 13th series where they don't all start with "Friday the 13th" so it's hard to find all of them in the movie lists).

I have no idea if XBMC supports it actually. Regardless, it would be very nice for YAMJ support Smile
Well, if anyone cares, I've made a lot of progress.... I should be done tomorrow if things go as they have been. I've found a ton of little bugs and bottlenecks and rewrote a large amount of the code. It's definitely quicker and MUCH more efficient.... and I'm only about half-way through.
ver 0.23 dont work so well for me...
have a lot of problem when "scanning media info" its freeze and a have to kill the program. Worked perfekt with the last ver.
nul7 Wrote:Well, if anyone cares, I've made a lot of progress.... I should be done tomorrow if things go as they have been. I've found a ton of little bugs and bottlenecks and rewrote a large amount of the code. It's definitely quicker and MUCH more efficient.... and I'm only about half-way through.

Thank you for your great work and enthusiasm.

Let me ask two questions regarding .nfo file handling (I haven't tried the last few versions).
1. Did you include anything to handle already existing, non-compliant .nfo files? ( you may remember we discussed about that already)
2. What happens if there is an .nfo file in the movie directory which was created by MC earlier?

Thank you again!