Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ram2000 Wrote:Dam I feel sorry for you Nul7 away for an hour or so and a million questions....
anyway while your still here :p
if you type this in IE or FF

it throws up a report like this
I believe that shows I have it installed and working.
This is really getting to me as i actually work in IT ....
thanks yet again for your help.

PS I agree with the donate Button.

Hmm... ok... how about this one... are you sure you're using the proper build (x86 vs x64)? Just grasping at straws now. lol
nul7 Wrote:Hmm... ok... how about this one... are you sure you're using the proper build (x86 vs x64)? Just grasping at straws now. lol

Hehe well just to be safe I tried both im on 32bit so started with the X86 but after failing with that tried the X64 which told me its for 64 bit and didn't work DOH!

Im going to try this on my spare laptop tomorrow which has XP installed fingers crossed I can get it to work on that.

as I really cant understand why it wont work on any of my vista or win7 pcs...

Goodnight and thanks for all the fish....
nul7 Wrote:You have that backwards. lol You can remove .ifo from your extensions list... it will automatically find them if the movie is a vob. Also, re-enable "only detect on movie" and disable "automatically detect video_ts". Try that and let me know what happens.

I tried that with r735 and I can't get any nfo's or images. Like a couple other posts mention, I think it's broken. I reverted back to r723 and used the settings you say, and it works, but when I remove .ifo from the valid extension list, the nfo Ember creates is named VTS_01_1.nfo not VIDEO_TS.nfo.

To reiterate, I do not have a VIDEO_TS folder. All the files are in a folder named with the movie title. That's why I originally used the "detect VIDEO_TS folders even if they aren't named VIDEO_TS" option.
nul7 Wrote:Strange... I'll look into it.

Do your movies already have posters and you're just trying to get new ones? If that's the case, make sure "overwrite posters" is enabled. Double check to make sure you have a file name selected for posters (movie.tbn, <movie>.tbn, etc). Other than that, I have no clue. No one else has reported having problems with it, it's working fine for me, and no error log is created.... I'm thinking it's something specific to your computer.

Double check to make sure you have .NET 3.5 or higher.

Are you sure you're using r735? That was a problem of r723.

Thank you very much. Maybe some day.... when I feel Ember is worthy of donations... I'll add a button for it. lol

Ack, sorry, I'll get that fixed.

Have you added your movies source and have movies displaying in the main movie list??

yes i added movies dource and they display in my movie list and i could create nfo scrape imdb etc....
all is good exept the "bulk renamer "
all my movies are on "NAS disk"
it
I am work now so cant do much but last night and this morning when trying to scrape it was taking forever, usually ember can scrape 30 new movies for me in like 4-5 seconds. Last night and this morning it was taking 10min to get through 1 movie.

Anyways couple of questions...
Where is the debug log? I have it check in settings I didn't notic it in the folder where I keep ember....
Besides computer specs what other info would you like
Where you want me to respond this forum or Ember forum?
Thx
It's extremely slow for me; usually takes about half an hour to get through 40 movies...

But that's probably because I'm running it in a VM on my Mac, on a drive across the network...
mcborzu Wrote:I am work now so cant do much but last night and this morning when trying to scrape it was taking forever, usually ember can scrape 30 new movies for me in like 4-5 seconds. Last night and this morning it was taking 10min to get through 1 movie.

Anyways couple of questions...
Where is the debug log? I have it check in settings I didn't notic it in the folder where I keep ember....
Besides computer specs what other info would you like
Where you want me to respond this forum or Ember forum?
Thx

What version are you using?
There was a problem similar to this with SVN versions from yesterday evening. It has been fixed today.

Ember is in active development during the days, so use latest SVN versions at your own risk. (for example latest SVN versions would require a new extra package, which is not published yet.)
olympia Wrote:What version are you using?
There was a problem similar to this with SVN versions from yesterday evening. It has been fixed today.

Ember is in active development during the days, so use latest SVN versions at your own risk. (for example latest SVN versions would require a new extra package, which is not published yet.)

Just to clarify, it was also a problem of the last test version or two, as well. Wink
touf99 Wrote:yes i added movies dource and they display in my movie list and i could create nfo scrape imdb etc....
all is good exept the "bulk renamer "
all my movies are on "NAS disk"
it

The renamer just reads from the database on load, so if there are movies in the main list, they should also be listing in the renamer. Please enable error logging and try again. If an error log is created, please post its contents.
How does localisation work ?

i change the xml to test or create a new one but no modification is taken Sad

Edit : Ok :p it works but can't use accent in the file Sad

Title: Error
Message: Il existe un caractère non valide dans le codage donné. Ligne 6, position 23.
StackTrace: à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res)
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InvalidCharRecovery(Int32& bytesCount, Int32& charsCount)
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.GetChars(Int32 maxCharsCount)
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ReadData()
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.FinishPartialValue()
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.get_Value()
à System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r)
à System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)
à System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
à System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
à System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri)
à Ember_Media_Manager.Localization.LoadLanguage(String Language)
Date/Time: 17/07/2009 21:27:07
===========================================================================================

Edit Bis : Ok i'm stupid Smile the xml must be utf-8 encoded and the english one is encoded standard since no special chars Smile
Switching my editor solve the problem.
Will upload a french translation when i have time to finish it
(Or i trade for a $O in the bulk renamer :p i have try to do it but very long time since vb it works but the bulk renamer grid got the columns bug don't understand why )
Actually the version that gave me trouble was July 6 release then I decided to grab the newest version but had same long scraping result...I d/l another version when I get off work, maybe it was just something fluky
r755 : Title: Error
Message: Tentative de chargement d'un programme de format incorrect. (Exception de HRESULT : 0x8007000B)
StackTrace: à Ember_Media_Manager.MediaInfo.MediaInfo_New()
à Ember_Media_Manager.MediaInfo.ScanMI(String sPath)
à Ember_Media_Manager.MediaInfo.GetMovieMIFromPath(Fileinfo& fiInfo, String sPath)
à Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.UpdateMediaInfo(DBMovie& miMovie)
Date/Time: 17/07/2009 22:09:21
===========================================================================================
i can"t understand why it works for some film and not others Sad

2 films mkv 720p AC3 48Khz one work not the other
Tolriq Wrote:How does localisation work ?

i change the xml to test or create a new one but no modification is taken Sad

Edit : Ok :p it works but can't use accent in the file Sad

Title: Error
Message: Il existe un caractère non valide dans le codage donné. Ligne 6, position 23.
StackTrace: à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(String res, String arg)
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Int32 pos, String res)
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.InvalidCharRecovery(Int32& bytesCount, Int32& charsCount)
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.GetChars(Int32 maxCharsCount)
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ReadData()
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseText(Int32& startPos, Int32& endPos, Int32& outOrChars)
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.FinishPartialValue()
à System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.get_Value()
à System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r)
à System.Xml.Linq.XContainer.ReadContentFrom(XmlReader r, LoadOptions o)
à System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(XmlReader reader, LoadOptions options)
à System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri, LoadOptions options)
à System.Xml.Linq.XDocument.Load(String uri)
à Ember_Media_Manager.Localization.LoadLanguage(String Language)
Date/Time: 17/07/2009 21:27:07

Edit Bis : Ok i'm stupid Smile the xml must be utf-8 encoded and the english one is encoded standard since no special chars Smile
Switching my editor solve the problem.
Will upload a french translation when i have time to finish it
(Or i trade for a $O in the bulk renamer :p i have try to do it but very long time since vb it works but the bulk renamer grid got the columns bug don't understand why )

Thanks... Updated the "stock" xml to be UTF-8 encoded as well to alleviate confusion for anyone else. Sorry about that. Also added a string that I missed.

What is $O supposed to be for? I think I missed that conversation or it's more than a few hours old and I don't remember it. lol I have a bad case of the Mementos. lol
mcborzu Wrote:Actually the version that gave me trouble was July 6 release then I decided to grab the newest version but had same long scraping result...I d/l another version when I get off work, maybe it was just something fluky

As noted above, it was also a problem of the last test build or two. We'll try to get an "official" release out tonight or tomorrow morning. Wink

Tolriq Wrote:r755 : Title: Error
Message: Tentative de chargement d'un programme de format incorrect. (Exception de HRESULT : 0x8007000B)
StackTrace: à Ember_Media_Manager.MediaInfo.MediaInfo_New()
à Ember_Media_Manager.MediaInfo.ScanMI(String sPath)
à Ember_Media_Manager.MediaInfo.GetMovieMIFromPath(Fileinfo& fiInfo, String sPath)
à Ember_Media_Manager.frmMain.UpdateMediaInfo(DBMovie& miMovie)
Date/Time: 17/07/2009 22:09:21
i can"t understand why it works for some film and not others Sad

2 films mkv 720p AC3 48Khz one work not the other

Maybe something in the movie title/path?

EDIT: Try the new SVN.
The $O was for Original Title :p (it was asked on google but i didn't move to the new site need to motivate to use a 123213123 account :p

for mediainfo not working i don't think path problem Sad

X:\Disk 1\__New\The Mummy Returns (2001)\The Mummy Returns.bluray.mkv (works)
X:\Disk 1\__New\The Mist (2007)\The Mist.mkv (don't work).X:\Disk 1\__New\Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)\Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.bluray.mkv (don't work)

Edit: speaking of missing text : the Title in bulk rennamer don't seems to be there Smile