Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just FYI: Found a bug in scanning meta data for stacked movies.... so that doesn't work in the current release. :/ I'll wait a day or two to see if any other bugs pop up and make another release.
I am using release r656

I experience a kind of a freeze while scraping a particular movie, Schindlers List. When I try to scrape movies, as soon as it reaches this movie it doesnt go any further. Clicking "Cancel Scrape", starts the cancel, which it goes on forever. When I try to exit the program, it says "Canceling All Processes, which also goes on forever. I have to use task manager to close the program.

Its only this movie. I have tried rescraping after deleting any other files in the folder except the movie files. The movie is in two parts i.e. Schindlers List Part1.avi and Schindlers List Part2.avi

Any suggestions?

Otherwise I love Ember Media Manager
roland6543 Wrote:Any suggestions?

Update to r778. lol
Oj, wow, nice app, only this is, I can not get it to give me movie titles in English, puts them all in German, even if the movie is in english and the folder name is also in English . Any help would be great!~ PLEASE! how do i get it to only search for english movie data and keep the name in English !

Just a quick note, althought it did put all the movies in German, it does work great! No problems except for the German language! Nice app, please help !
Mojolive Wrote:Oj, wow, nice app, only this is, I can not get it to give me movie titles in English, puts them all in German, even if the movie is in english and the folder name is also in English . Any help would be great!~ PLEASE! how do i get it to only search for english movie data and keep the name in English !

Just a quick note, althought it did put all the movies in German, it does work great! No problems except for the German language! Nice app, please help !

The only way the titles would be in German is if the movie title appears in German on IMDB or you have "Use OFDB Title" enabled.

EDIT: maybe you switched the IMDB mirror to imdb.de?
moved request to embermm.com
thanks, you were right! Ah! that saved me.. thank you again!
just a small cosmetic issue nul7, formerly if a scene nfo was found and renamed it seems like you just added the extension to .info. now the the current version the filename is completely converted to lowercases. is it possible to keep the cases the way they where? just for my anal consistent look of the files in the folders Wink thanks m8
I had some problems yesterday trying to scrape the IMAX documentary movie "Lost Worlds". After choosing the correct IMDB entry it tries to get some posters but finds none (a message box appears), then it tries to get some fanart and doesn't find any either (which is highly possible). But after clicking "OK" in the message box telling me that no fanart was found, nothing is happening. The message box disappears and I'm left with an empty fanart dialog with only "Cancel" enabled but clicking it doesn't do anything. I have to kill EMM using task manager.
I also tried cancelling the scrape for fanarts on the fly but it froze the whole GUI.

I use the latest version and movies where the scraper finds posters/fanart work just fine.

BTW I'm working on the german translation but it's gonna take a while as there are already quite a lot strings available.
Montellese Wrote:I had some problems yesterday trying to scrape the IMAX documentary movie "Lost Worlds". After choosing the correct IMDB entry it tries to get some posters but finds none (a message box appears), then it tries to get some fanart and doesn't find any either (which is highly possible). But after clicking "OK" in the message box telling me that no fanart was found, nothing is happening. The message box disappears and I'm left with an empty fanart dialog with only "Cancel" enabled but clicking it doesn't do anything. I have to kill EMM using task manager.
I also tried cancelling the scrape for fanarts on the fly but it froze the whole GUI.

I use the latest version and movies where the scraper finds posters/fanart work just fine.

BTW I'm working on the german translation but it's gonna take a while as there are already quite a lot strings available.

Thank you for reporting bugs and working on the translation.
Would you mind to post this on our issues page as well to ensure not being forgotten/skipped and allow us to keep track too?

Also, are you able to reproduce this with the same movie?

Thank you!

edit: I cannot reproduce this. There is no poster/fanart for this movie(actually almost nothing, lol), but EMM went through "Lost worlds" fine for me.
nul7 , could you let us know the commands for the command line again please? also i see there are some changes in the latest ver. i seem to be having problems running "d:\downloads\emm\Ember Media Manager.exe" -newauto -all. the program just seems to freeze and never update anything?

Thanks
Hallo, is it correct that the Filter Missing Items is atm connected to "Hide .." in the settings ?

If so than this is not ideal for me, for me an movie is complete if there is a Poster, Fanart and the nfo but i would also like to see if there are more parts like Subs or Trailers, but when i didnt hide this parts the movie will never be complete for EMM and the filter is pointless.
So maybe its better to make it selectable what "Missing Item" mean for an user ?
nul7 Wrote:Update to r778. lol

Now why didnt I think of that? lol Laugh Thank you.

I always find it a bit of a pain upgrading. If I just extract and copy the new executables and extras over my existing install, I always have a problem with it finding the movie folders..... I get the message "Unable to load .... Please check settings"

Anyway, so I installed to a new folder and all is good (except for losing my library settings as described above). If anyone can suggest how to upgrade hassle-free, your comments would be most welcome.
r596 is working fine, but r778 does not so.

when i try to open r778 (x86) windows bugreport tells me that an error has occurred and it had to be terminated. no further information... any suggestions? Sad
Phil_1337 Wrote:r596 is working fine, but r778 does not so.

when i try to open r778 (x86) windows bugreport tells me that an error has occurred and it had to be terminated. no further information... any suggestions? Sad

Did you updated the extra package as well?