Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nul7 Wrote:Ok, for this version, try this:

No .ifo in the extensions list.

Enable "Auto detect video_ts"

Optionally "Only detect one movie" for the source

That should work, unless there is something I'm misunderstanding about your folder structure.

I had tried that previously and I tried it again and it doesn't work (using r778). By that I mean Ember doesn't recognize my existing VIDEO_TS.nfo, VIDEO_TS-trailer.mov and VIDEO_TS.tbn files and any file it creates is named VTS_01_1.xxx

Quote:You are the one with the whacky structure right? But you still have the full dvd in each folder, no?

Well, whacky is relative I guess. My movies are DVD rips of the movie only (no menus or extras). Which is not all that uncommon. Also, I do NOT use a VIDEO_TS folder. I simply took the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder and moved them to the parent folder which is named the title of the movie. I did this because none of the media players I tried required the VIDEO_TS folder and keeping the extra folder level just made navigating things more complex. It seemed neater and tidier to remove them.

I've been playing with Ember a ton over the last 24 hours and it would seem that my lack of a VIDEO_TS folder is the crux of the problem. After trying the settings you suggested and many others with no luck, I decided to take a couple of the movies in my source and add a VIDEO_TS folder to them and lo and behold, it worked. Ember still shows VTS_01_1 in the file path (is this correct?), but all scraped nfo's and artwork are named VIDEO_TS.

The question now is why won't it work with my file structure: Again, here is an example of it:

E:\Movies\300\
E:\Movies\300\VIDEO_TS.ifo
E:\Movies\300\VIDEO_TS.bup
E:\Movies\300\VTS_01_0.bup
E:\Movies\300\VTS_01_1.vob
etc.

I really like Ember's layout and options and would love to use it (especially the media info duration as the runtime if I can get things to work). I'm sorry my situation is so unique and I've required so much attention. Thanks for all your help thus far.
Sorry all... was out of town today. Just got home and am going to go to bed. I'll catch up with all the posts tomorrow.
RockDawg Wrote:I had tried that previously and I tried it again and it doesn't work (using r778). By that I mean Ember doesn't recognize my existing VIDEO_TS.nfo, VIDEO_TS-trailer.mov and VIDEO_TS.tbn files and any file it creates is named VTS_01_1.xxx

Well, whacky is relative I guess. My movies are DVD rips of the movie only (no menus or extras). Which is not all that uncommon. Also, I do NOT use a VIDEO_TS folder. I simply took the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder and moved them to the parent folder which is named the title of the movie. I did this because none of the media players I tried required the VIDEO_TS folder and keeping the extra folder level just made navigating things more complex. It seemed neater and tidier to remove them.

I've been playing with Ember a ton over the last 24 hours and it would seem that my lack of a VIDEO_TS folder is the crux of the problem. After trying the settings you suggested and many others with no luck, I decided to take a couple of the movies in my source and add a VIDEO_TS folder to them and lo and behold, it worked. Ember still shows VTS_01_1 in the file path (is this correct?), but all scraped nfo's and artwork are named VIDEO_TS.

The question now is why won't it work with my file structure: Again, here is an example of it:

E:\Movies\300\
E:\Movies\300\VIDEO_TS.ifo
E:\Movies\300\VIDEO_TS.bup
E:\Movies\300\VTS_01_0.bup
E:\Movies\300\VTS_01_1.vob
etc.

I really like Ember's layout and options and would love to use it (especially the media info duration as the runtime if I can get things to work). I'm sorry my situation is so unique and I've required so much attention. Thanks for all your help thus far.

I cannot reproduce this problem. Replicated your dir structure, but EMM picks everything up correctly.
Do you have VIDEO_TS.vob in your dirs? You haven't listed that. I am not sure this is a problem(Jason will clarify), but I have VIDEO_TS.vob in all my DVD folders.

Settings I used (notice that "Use <movie> Only For Folders with Multiple Movies is disabled):
SHen350 Wrote:I am having a problem automating the scraper. I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

I am trying to just let EMM get the thumbs for my movies. I use the costum scraper, and click just thumbs. It looks like it is doing something for about 10 seconds, then sits like normal. It doesn't get the thumbs. I can single go in and re-scrap and get them, or just get them manually.

Which thumbs are you trying to scrape? Poster, fanart, or extrathumbs?
olympia Wrote:I cannot reproduce this problem. Replicated your dir structure, but EMM picks everything up correctly.
Do you have VIDEO_TS.vob in your dirs? You haven't listed that. I am not sure this is a problem(Jason will clarify), but I have VIDEO_TS.vob in all my DVD folders.

Settings I used (notice that "Use <movie> Only For Folders with Multiple Movies is disabled)

I do NOT have a VIDEO_TS.vob in any of my dirs. Maybe that is the problem. Otherwise, I've been using the very same settings you show in your screen shot.

EDIT: I should add that all my movies were ripped DVDShrink in re-author mode to keep only the main movie. I suppose that is why I have no VIDEO_TS.vob.
olympia Wrote:Which thumbs are you trying to scrape? Poster, fanart, or extrathumbs?

I have the same problem. Not with all movies but at least 4 out of the last 8. It hangs trying to get the poster. I click cancel and it continues with the fanart fine and all the imdb info is correct. If I try and scape the poster again, it will simply spin its wheels. I end up doing a google search and using the download url button.

One example was Revenge of the Pink Panther. In fact, I think all the Pink Panther movies I've added couldn't scrape the poster.
RockDawg Wrote:I do NOT have a VIDEO_TS.vob in any of my dirs. Maybe that is the problem. Otherwise, I've been using the very same settings you show in your screen shot.

EDIT: I should add that all my movies were ripped DVDShrink in re-author mode to keep only the main movie. I suppose that is why I have no VIDEO_TS.vob.

Negative. I moved out VIDEO_TS.vob from one of my DVD folder and it still ok for me. EMM is pointing to the VIDEO_TS.vob file, even if it's not exist and scrape everything nicely. Hmmmm.... Maybe it's some case issue? Huh

Edit: No, it's not even something with cases. I tried with all possible variation of file names upper/lower case, but couldn't create an environment what EMM was not ableto handle.

I have to say, it must be something with your settings.
Have you ever tried to start from scratch? With freshly unzipped EMM, Extra packages, clean database file and settings?
Here are some screenshots showing exactly what I'm doing and what's happening:

Here is my file structure with a freshly ripped DVD:

Here are my settings in Ember:

Here is Ember detecting the new movie before performing a scrape:

Here is Ember after performing a scrape:

And finally, here are the resulting files after the scrape:

@RockDawg

I have the same Problem.

I use the ver.726 for my Dvd´s is the best Version for this folder structure.
I am trying to get it to just scrape extrathumbs. I wouldn't mind it scraping and downloading trailers too, but one thing at a time. I can't really get it to do any auto scraping. I check all movies and then go to scrape movies --> costum scraper: choose all movies - automatic - extrathumbs only or trailers only - then begin.
Normally it sorta zooms down the list and finishes in about 2 minutes for 700 movies. Alot of them already have extrathumbs, but there are about 200 that don't. They still don't after the scan. Also, it hangs alot (mainly on Drillbit Taylor, but hey I'm not judging the movie), though not always on just that one.
When I scrape singly, it works great and I love it downloading my extrathumbs and trailers, just takes alot of time.
olympia Wrote:Thank you for reporting bugs and working on the translation.
Would you mind to post this on our issues page as well to ensure not being forgotten/skipped and allow us to keep track too?

Also, are you able to reproduce this with the same movie?

Thank you!

edit: I cannot reproduce this. There is no poster/fanart for this movie(actually almost nothing, lol), but EMM went through "Lost worlds" fine for me.

Sorry for taking that long to report back on the issue. I still have the same problem. I just tried to take a screenshot but as the whole GUI freezes after I close the message box telling me that there is no fanart available, I was too slow.
The error occurs every time. I didn't manage to fully scrape this movie yet, there is no automatically generated NFO in the folder either.

What I think is very unusual is that the Task Manager doesn't list EMM as not responding as it usually does when a GUI freezes. Maybe it doesn't stop looking for trailers (which is the next step right after fanarts).

EDIT: Ok I just managed to get to see half of the GUI again and the progress bar at the bottom of the GUI is still running and it says "Scraping Meta Data" (or something like that. I can see only parts of the GUI).

EDIT2: After disabling the Trailer scraping I tried to scrape it again. It shortly freezed after closing the mentioned messagebox but then came back with the dialog providing me with the scraped information. It must have something to do with my trailer settings. This is a screenshot taking from my settings dialog (ignore the german strings Wink ):
I know this kind of setting concerning trailers doesn't make any sense but I wanted to disable it temporarily while scraping rare movies not having any trailers for sure to save some time.
Montellese Wrote:Sorry for taking that long to report back on the issue. I still have the same problem. I just tried to take a screenshot but as the whole GUI freezes after I close the message box telling me that there is no fanart available, I was too slow.
The error occurs every time. I didn't manage to fully scrape this movie yet, there is no automatically generated NFO in the folder either.

What I think is very unusual is that the Task Manager doesn't list EMM as not responding as it usually does when a GUI freezes. Maybe it doesn't stop looking for trailers (which is the next step right after fanarts).

One more thing I can think about:
Whan it happens, do you have also the messagebox for "there is no poster available"? If not, could you please check if it is not in the background somewhere by try to close the windows one by one?
olympia Wrote:One more thing I can think about:
Whan it happens, do you have also the messagebox for "there is no poster available"? If not, could you please check if it is not in the background somewhere by try to close the windows one by one?

I first get to see the dialog where I can specify the movie (from the search result list from IMDB), then it looks for posters and shows the messagebox that no poster is available. I click OK and without a delay I get the no fanart messagebox. I click OK again and I get to see a part of the Trailer scraping dialog before it freezes.
Montellese Wrote:I first get to see the dialog where I can specify the movie (from the search result list from IMDB), then it looks for posters and shows the messagebox that no poster is available. I click OK and without a delay I get the no fanart messagebox. I click OK again and I get to see a part of the Trailer scraping dialog before it freezes.

Huuuhhh, strange... Just tried to scrape lost worlds with trailers and although there is almost no info/poster/fanart/trailer for this movie, EMM went through it nicely.

Did you already tried to change one of your other movie to lost worlds? Mybe there is problem with the media file and EMM freeze during geting the metadata....
RockDawg Wrote:Here are some screenshots showing exactly what I'm doing and what's happening:

Here is my file structure with a freshly ripped DVD:

Here are my settings in Ember:

Here is Ember detecting the new movie before performing a scrape:

Here is Ember after performing a scrape:

And finally, here are the resulting files after the scrape:

Very nice report. We'll look into this.