Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
acme-badboy Wrote:I installed Ember on my Windows XP-PC, where my moviecollection is stored. XBMC is installed on my Ubuntu-HTPC. The data (movies and music) is streamed over smb.
How can I update the XBMC library with the new data from Ember? I hope that there's someone with a similar setup.
That's not a problem, you use ember on your movie folder. Most of metadata is stored in the folder itself so XBMC will be able to find everything remotly. (you have to launch manual update in xbmc though)
Hello,

Ember is a nice tool to scrape metada.

What frontend would you recommend to control with mouse and keyboard ?
I tried XBMC with PM3HD or Aeon and it's really done to be used with a remote (especially aeon).
I also tried mediabrowser, mymovies, ant catalog.

By now, getting data with Ember and navigating thru my movies with mediabrowser is the best solution I have found but it is still a pain to navigate in big collections.

Thank you for your answers.
Hi Tolriq,

When I say french metadata, I talk about "Synopsis" and "Résumé synopsis".

Thanks Smile
nul7 Wrote:Every case listed should work, but yes, you're right about the cdx + extras. I'll try to come up with something for that. Just for clarification, are the movie.cdx.something.ext files working properly or not?

When i mark the Movie and want to update it via "Meta Data only" nothing get updated. (also with reload behind this) but after i press "Media Data" "Refresh" at the right side inside EMM the runtime field inside the nfo is present and filled.
I love this software.. everything works fast and perfect even with a mixture of english and german data.

Now i discovered the export to html - a nice way to share my data with friends.. but it would be even nice when you could create links - clickable to see the plot (or even the coverart) to help my friends to decide which film they want to look and which not?

would be awesome.
elzouavo Wrote:Hi Tolriq,

When I say french metadata, I talk about "Synopsis" and "Résumé synopsis".

Thanks Smile

Well i hope that if enough people ask and make request on the ember site : http://embermm.com/

One day Jason will add support for allociné scrapper Smile

Personaly i have 2 installation of Ember. One for "production" that handle all my films with title and plots locked.

And one for my incoming dir, that do the imdb search , renaming and the manual copy paste of french data.
yawie Wrote:Hello,

I tried XBMC with PM3HD or Aeon and it's really done to be used with a remote (especially aeon).

By now, getting data with Ember and navigating thru my movies with mediabrowser is the best solution I have found but it is still a pain to navigate in big collections.

Why should you use keyboard ?

Personnaly i use Aeon with mods to suit my needs.
Even in big catalog if you handle correctly your nfo it's really easy to find what you need.

Genres and co are your friends.

shift+letter to go to the letter in big list if you know what you look.

Never need mouse and keyboard can be used (i use dinovo Mini wich roxxxxxxxxx )
Tolriq, I've been thinking about getting a dinovo mini... but I've heard that the mouse pointer is too hard to control with the little pad thing... what do you say?
clock2113 Wrote:Tolriq, I've been thinking about getting a dinovo mini... but I've heard that the mouse pointer is too hard to control with the little pad thing... what do you say?

Well i use lot's of laptop for work so i think i have habit of using touchpad.
But even if sometimes it's not perfectly perfect the keyboard totally roxx.

I won't change for anything and i usually use it instead of the remote just for pleasure of using it Smile
acme-badboy Wrote:Hi everyone,

I need a little help from someone already using Ember. I installed Ember on my Windows XP-PC, where my moviecollection is stored. XBMC is installed on my Ubuntu-HTPC. The data (movies and music) is streamed over smb.
How can I update the XBMC library with the new data from Ember? I hope that there's someone with a similar setup.

Thanks!

If you've changed a lot of information, the best thing to do is remove the source in XBMC and re-add it. That will rescan all your folders and pick up all your changes. If it's only a few movies, you can just "refresh" them in XBMC. An XBMC library update will only pull info for new movies.

yawie Wrote:Hello,

XBMC is by far the best media center application. If you want to use the mouse, I believe PM3 or PM3HD are your only choices... and they both work very well with a mouse (It's what I started out using, eventually switching to a Harmony One). Transparency! may as well since I *think* it was based off PM3HD.

But if you're just looking for something to play the movies, you could just install VLC and use Ember as a standalone. If you raise the Info Panel in Ember, you'll see a play button next to the movie path. Clicking that will use your system default player to open the video. Of course, this won't work very well for stacked movies or DVD rips.

MrDVD Wrote:When i mark the Movie and want to update it via "Meta Data only" nothing get updated. (also with reload behind this) but after i press "Media Data" "Refresh" at the right side inside EMM the runtime field inside the nfo is present and filled.

Just to clarify, you're right clicking on movies and selecting "Mark" (or hitting ctrl+m) then running one of the "Marked Movies" scrapers, correct?

NatroN Wrote:I love this software.. everything works fast and perfect even with a mixture of english and german data.

Now i discovered the export to html - a nice way to share my data with friends.. but it would be even nice when you could create links - clickable to see the plot (or even the coverart) to help my friends to decide which film they want to look and which not?

would be awesome.

Please add as a feature request on embermm.com (see signature for link)... also, if you add this to the site, also mention to add automated ftp upload. Wink
I forgot to mention earlier that in addition to not scanning meta data, r790 also shoes VIDEO_TS.BUP in the file path rather than VIDEO_TS. There is no .bup in the extension list.
Also, checking 'Use certification for MPAA' appears do nothing. I tried scraping with and without it checked and the resulting nfo's were the same. I get USATongueG-13 in Certification and 'Rated PG-13 for crude sex-related humor and dialogue, alcohol and drug-related scenes, all involving teens.' in the MPAA field regardless of whether or not I have the option checked.

I'm not sure what the intention of this feature was, but, for me, it would be nice if it would put the certification rating sans the country in the MPAA field. The reason I ask this is because I use the Focus skin and if you have the rating only (R, PG, PG-13, G and no other text) in the MPAA field it will display the rating graphic. I realize you can't tailor things for every specific need or use, but if it doesn't hurt another application of this feature, then it would be cool.
nul7 Wrote:Just to clarify, you're right clicking on movies and selecting "Mark" (or hitting ctrl+m) then running one of the "Marked Movies" scrapers, correct?
Yes, i right clicking on an movie and select "Mark" than i got to "Scrape Media" -> "Marked Movies" -> Ask... -> "Media Data Only" and this way didnt work for me to get the runtime from the Duration inside the nfo.
Hey, I might just be retarded, but I'm running r790 and when I try scraping/editing/whatever movies, nothing is saved. I can pick fanart and what not, but nothing gets written.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
ClayM Wrote:Hey, I might just be retarded, but I'm running r790 and when I try scraping/editing/whatever movies, nothing is saved. I can pick fanart and what not, but nothing gets written.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I'm having kind of the same problem, but my problem is when i exit EMM and restart it my movies that i scraped in my former session won't show up with fanart, etc even though i did it the last time.

Never had this problem before, it might be me who is a little bit retarded as well.