Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For those that test build dont start.. any error log?
And what version exactly you runing?
For those that have issues with starting EMber /.NET not installed, please try r969 and give us some feedback
almost all issues reported for test build are caused by bad setting (language, etc)
please go to setting, download your language, apply it and verify all the setting before do any test
NOTE: Correct language have _ and not SPACE
We will soon post a release with all files in place
Nuno Wrote:For those that have issues with starting EMber /.NET not installed, please try r969 and give us some feedback

I'm not getting the .NET error anymore, but the program seems to be crashing at the splash screen.

Title: Error
Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
StackTrace: at Ember_Media_Manager.Master.GetNETVersion()
Date/Time: 8/2/2009 5:57:22 PM
===========================================================================================
jcsugrue Wrote:I'm not getting the .NET error anymore, but the program seems to be crashing at the splash screen.

===========================================================================================

in what version?
jcsugrue Wrote:I'm not getting the .NET error anymore, but the program seems to be crashing at the splash screen.

Same here ver.969 x64
Last testbuild works for me. Thanks
Nuno Wrote:in what version?

r969 x86
nul7 Wrote:Let's try this again. lol More test builds:

x86: http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r9...6_TEST.zip

x64: http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/EMM_r9...4_TEST.zip

Same thing, except no error log. Sooo....I guess that's some progress Big Grin
Still no go Eek r970 x64
jcsugrue Wrote:Same thing, except no error log. Sooo....I guess that's some progress Big Grin

kautious Wrote:Still no go Eek r970 x64

You're still getting .NET version warning and it won't load?? And you're sure you have .NET 3.5 installed?

EDIT: Wait a minute... are you guys just extracting these test versions to their own folders and attempting to run them? You still need the extras package when running these test builds.
nul7 Wrote:You're still getting .NET version warning and it won't load?? And you're sure you have .NET 3.5 installed?

Yes, I've tried on two different PCs with .NET 3.5 installed. one running Windows XP the other running Windows 7, both exit right after the splash screen

EDIT: Wait a minute... are you guys just extracting these test versions to their own folders and attempting to run them? You still need the extras package when running these test builds.

Nope, definitely using the extras package. I've done everything the same way that I have with previous builds.
jcsugrue Wrote:Nope, definitely using the extras package. I've done everything the same way that I have with previous builds.

Can you jump on irc.freenode.net #embermm to try to work out what's going on? You can use http://www.lightirc.com/start/ if you don't have an irc client.

EDIT: jcsugrue had to run... if anyone else is having the same problem and can get on IRC to help track it down, I'd appreciate it.