Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@nul7

Hi,

i made a fresh install of Windows XP 32 Bit incl. the latest Servicepacks and Hotfixes. Net Framework 3.5 SP1 and Visual Studio 2005 as Debugger is also installed. After this i installed your latest Test Version of the EXE and the Extras from Googlecode.

EMM crashed when i try to start it and the VS Debbuger shows following Info.

Code:
"Ember Media Manager.exe" (Verwaltet): "C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualBasic\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll" wurde geladen, das Laden von Symbolen wurde übersprungen. Das Modul ist optimiert, und die Debugoption "Nur mein Code" ist aktiviert.
"Ember Media Manager.exe" (Verwaltet): "C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll" wurde geladen, das Laden von Symbolen wurde übersprungen. Das Modul ist optimiert, und die Debugoption "Nur mein Code" ist aktiviert.
"Ember Media Manager.exe" (Verwaltet): "C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll" wurde geladen, das Laden von Symbolen wurde übersprungen. Das Modul ist optimiert, und die Debugoption "Nur mein Code" ist aktiviert.
"Ember Media Manager.exe" (Verwaltet): "C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll" wurde geladen, das Laden von Symbolen wurde übersprungen. Das Modul ist optimiert, und die Debugoption "Nur mein Code" ist aktiviert.
"Ember Media Manager.exe" (Verwaltet): "C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Runtime.Remoting\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Runtime.Remoting.dll" wurde geladen, das Laden von Symbolen wurde übersprungen. Das Modul ist optimiert, und die Debugoption "Nur mein Code" ist aktiviert.
"Ember Media Manager.exe" (Verwaltet): "C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\mscorlib.resources\2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.resources.dll" wurde geladen, das Laden von Symbolen wurde übersprungen. Das Modul ist optimiert, und die Debugoption "Nur mein Code" ist aktiviert.
Das Programm "[2992] Ember Media Manager.exe: Verwaltet" wurde mit Code -532459699 (0xe0434f4d) beendet.

Hope this helps a bit. I'll look further later this afternoon because i'm at work.

Efty
My 64-bit install also crashes, from a either a fresh-install (on a new system I use for testing), or existing install. Using the new test version v970

If you can just install on a new/generic system, you should be able to consistently reproduce this?

Testing this on two systems reminds me....

I've been doing Ember work on one computer, then another, for testing purposes, and this creates an issue. In the second computer, none of the data (created by Ember on the first computer) shows up. If I right click > RELOAD, it does not pickup any of the data.

Both are configured identical, both should recognize the .nfo/.tbn's in the identically configured setups. However, only the Ember install that originally created the data, picks it up, despite a "Reload"
While start r970 i dont see this .net error window now but it crash right after clicking on the exe. Its installed in the same folder as r907 was and .net 3.5 is installed for sure on an german XP 32 bit. When i copy r907 back to this folder it still works.
For those of you having problems running the newest test builds, please replace the SQLite.dll in your Ember installation directory with the proper one of these:

x86: http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/x86/Sy...SQLite.dll

x64: http://www.embermm.com/testbuilds/x64/Sy...SQLite.dll

... and let us know if that fixes the problem. Wink
@nul7

Replacing the sql.dll fixes the problem and the EMM stopped crashing during the startup.

Good Job.

Efty
efty.edge Wrote:@nul7

Replacing the sql.dll fixes the problem and the EMM stopped crashing during the startup.

Good Job.

Efty

Thank Nuno... he found it. LOL Thanks for letting us know!
nul7 Wrote:Thank Nuno... he found it. LOL Thanks for letting us know!

Just some Team Work Big Grin
rusten Wrote:My 64-bit install also crashes, from a either a fresh-install (on a new system I use for testing), or existing install. Using the new test version v970

If you can just install on a new/generic system, you should be able to consistently reproduce this?

Testing this on two systems reminds me....

I've been doing Ember work on one computer, then another, for testing purposes, and this creates an issue. In the second computer, none of the data (created by Ember on the first computer) shows up. If I right click > RELOAD, it does not pickup any of the data.

Both are configured identical, both should recognize the .nfo/.tbn's in the identically configured setups. However, only the Ember install that originally created the data, picks it up, despite a "Reload"

Double check your file naming settings on both installations. I think maybe you have <movie>.ext set on one, and movie.ext set on the other.
r985 is available for download. You can download it HERE. You'll notice that we have done away with the separate packages (I now have a faster internet connection Wink), so everything you need to run ember is included in this single package.

NOTE: Our apologies, but, once again, this version will create a fresh database.

NOTE2: If you are upgrading from r790, the first thing you must do is reset the interface language as the naming scheme has changed and the old language files are no longer compatible. It is STRONGLY suggested just to delete your current settings file (Settings.xml) and start fresh for this version.

The release package only contains the basics. There are more translations, themes, and export templates available for download using the Addons Downloader in settings. If you create a new translation, theme, or template and would like to share, please either post it here or email to one of the team members (our contact information is listed in the readme file) and we'll happily add it!

Thanks to everyone for all their suggestions, comments, support, and bug reports over the last few months! I am happy to say this will be the last Movies only features release. We are now in feature freeze and will release a bug fix version or two, if necessary, of course. The next full release will have TV support. Wink

- The Ember Team
I just tried r985 and it still has this bug:

RockDawg Wrote:I just tried the latest test builds and meta data is definitely scanning better. I assume this has something to do with the code change suggested by clackerdacker. Anyway, I've just rescanned and checked ~30 different movies and they all come out the exact correct duration, except...

I have found an odd anomaly. If the actual duration time (in Power DVD) contains the numeral "9" in any of the digits, the scanned duration time in Ember replaces that "9" with a "3". Here are some examples:

Key: Movie, Power DVD time, Ember time

Fight Club, 2:19:02, 2:13:02
Doubt, 1:43:49, 1:43:43
He's Just Not That Into You, 2:09:10, 2:03:10

This happened in every single instance I tested where there was a "9" in the duration reported by Power DVD. Conversely, every instance where there was no "9", Ember reported the exact correct duration. Odd.
Removed. Wrong assumptions....
amazing job!
can't wait for TV support.

Thank you!
r985 is works great so far, the only problem I'm running into is still with the bulk renamer not populating any titles
Where can i find the field names that i can use in my own Export Template?

Kind regards
Rob.
jcsugrue Wrote:r985 is works great so far, the only problem I'm running into is still with the bulk renamer not populating any titles

Any error log?
We cant reproduce it so we need some more feedback