Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SHen350 Wrote:Okay, I have been trying to scan through the posts and see if this has been explained, but I didn't see it. I was wondering about the XBMC option. What exactly does it do? Can I add all my XBMC extenders, or does it even need to be done?

If someone can point me to either a post or possibly a wiki on this I would be greatful.

It serve to automate the fact that XBMC rescan you library.
You should add all your xbmc so all updates with one click (if they are powered on of course)
Hi, i'm new on this, i'm from Spain and i cant get the scrapping info in spanish but xbmc does it well, then i download all the info with the XBMC repository after that i open Ember Media Manager and try to scrapp the images and flagg the movie but before i set almost all the General Lock in order it do not change the spanish info of the movie, affter doing all this i tried to scrapp and i get all the info in english, LOCKS DOES NOT WORK FOR ME what can i do?

THANKS

PD: sorry for the bad laguage usage
The HTML export feature of EMM inspired me. I'm not a Javascript-Guru, but looked into the existing templates and I think the following mockup should be possible:

If it is really possible, would someone help me to implement this or just do it on her/his own? It would really be a good thing to have the XBMC library available as a Website with all its sort functions - as they should all be doable in JavaScript. Not all of my flatmates are able to use XBMC, so a nice HTML Index would be really cool. Most DivX, FLV and QuickTime movies can even be directly embedded as a stream. So there wouldn't even be a need to leave the browser.
As I said, I'm no Javascript expert, but with the HTML thing implemented, would it be much more than a bit of list filtering, sorting and string matching?
I see this as a feature request, that's why I posted it here. If you think this is too far away from the generating program, I can open a new thread if other people are interested.
Tolriq Wrote:It serve to automate the fact that XBMC rescan you library.
You should add all your xbmc so all updates with one click (if they are powered on of course)

Ah, I guess I will be trying that out in the near future. Thanks!
This might be another false alarm, but I'm using r1030 and I'm having some trouble with the poster art. There are a lot of variables here, but it seems I can scrape, change, and save everything except poster art. I have a video below that shows me changing the fanart without a problem, but for the same movie I can't change the folder.jpg file(with or without the folder.jpg file originally being...tried both ways).

Some variables and things I noticed:
1. I have tried with/without "overwrite poster image flag" set.
2. Tried with/without a folder.jpg file being in there already.
3. It seems to have this problem with every folder that has a ~utorrentXXX.dat file in it(but I've also tried temporarily removing this file without any luck)
4. I've set the file system to ignore the .dat file(also tried not ignoring .dat files...no luck).
5. It's on a networked storage device(a Media Smart Server).
6. Other poster names don't work either eg. movie.tbn, movie.jpg, etc.

Video:
http://www.screentoaster.com/watch/stVEh...poster_bug
Sorry if this question has been asked before but I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly what the 'XBMC Communication' option is supposed to do.

I have a blank install of XBMC installed ( latest SVN version/ Aeon skin ) & I have a library of around seventy films ( stored on a NAS ) which I have catalogued using Ember ( latest version ).

I assumed that when I pressed the XBMC button, it would upload my library to XBMC & that next time I restarted it, all my movies would appear with the same information?

If this is not the case, could someone help me out?
ph0rce Wrote:Sorry if this question has been asked before but I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly what the 'XBMC Communication' option is supposed to do.

I have a blank install of XBMC installed ( latest SVN version/ Aeon skin ) & I have a library of around seventy films ( stored on a NAS ) which I have catalogued using Ember ( latest version ).

I assumed that when I pressed the XBMC button, it would upload my library to XBMC & that next time I restarted it, all my movies would appear with the same information?

Almost correct Smile
As i remember xbmc must running to be able to connect via EMM to it and update the lib.
ph0rce Wrote:Sorry if this question has been asked before but I'm having a little trouble understanding exactly what the 'XBMC Communication' option is supposed to do.

No, EMM is not "uploading" your library, neither your changes.
Ember only initialize XBMC's own update library process which means XBMC will detect new content and scan then in into it's library.
Unfortunatley XBMC's update process doesn't look for any changes in the files aside your media, so if you want to change movies in XBMC which were already scanned in, you can only do in one by one by going into the movie information (in XBMC) and click on refresh.

And yes, xbmc has to be started and the webserver has to be enabled.
Unbehagen Wrote:The HTML export feature of EMM inspired me. I'm not a Javascript-Guru, but looked into the existing templates and I think the following mockup should be possible:

If it is really possible, would someone help me to implement this or just do it on her/his own? It would really be a good thing to have the XBMC library available as a Website with all its sort functions - as they should all be doable in JavaScript. Not all of my flatmates are able to use XBMC, so a nice HTML Index would be really cool. Most DivX, FLV and QuickTime movies can even be directly embedded as a stream. So there wouldn't even be a need to leave the browser.
As I said, I'm no Javascript expert, but with the HTML thing implemented, would it be much more than a bit of list filtering, sorting and string matching?
I see this as a feature request, that's why I posted it here. If you think this is too far away from the generating program, I can open a new thread if other people are interested.
really, you should be able to export to and xml file and then have a separate file display everything in that file. shouldn't be too hard. i'll see if i can come up with something.
.. or simply del your old library and make an fresh scan.
Hello!
First I have to thank you for your work at EMM. It's really great with a nice design, I just love it.

But I have found some issues (v1030):
  • After autoscraping my new media the extrathumb option on the left panel doesn't get checked. But the extrathumbs are properly loaded, after double-clicking the movie and clicking okay it's checked.

• Seems that EMM get's stuck when internet connection is lost during scraping. I clicked cancel at auto scaping and it says 'canceling all processes' but nothing happens for 10 minutes, I need to crash the exe via process manager.
    Just tested it with scraping for posters and freezes, too. I can click on cancel but nothing happens.

• When I double click on a movie (movie details) I can see the fanarts resolution at the fanart tab. After setting a new fanart out of the extrathumbs with another resolution, the old/wrong resolution is shown at fanart tab until i close and re-open the window. It isn't refreshed though.
    Maybe you could add the resolution to extrathumbs, too? So you don't need to "test" when searching for a 1920px one.

Then I have some questions:
  • How can I get the "Initiate XBMC update" function to work when having XBMC installed at my local pc? I don't know what I shall enter as IP, port, username and password in settings.

• Is there a way to set media flags like "blueray" or "HDTV" manually? I have some already scaped movies and don't want to add ".blueray" to each movie & image filename.

And, last but not least, two feature requests:
  • I'll get the "has subtitles" checked on the left panel when I have a *.srt file in the movie folder. But EMM won't show if the subtitles are muxxed in the mkv. Or am I missing something?

• Could you add an option to scape the media of "selected movies". If I want to auto rescrape a movie I first have to mark it, would be a little easier though. But that's nothing important, of cource.

Thanks!
tonyp

Edit: Just added the resolution issue!
Could you please add all the bugs and feature requests in separate issues on our issues page?

You can only hope that we do anything on issues reported here. If you want to make sure, file them on the official way.

Thank you!
olympia Wrote:Could you please add all the bugs and feature requests in separate issues on our issues page?

You can only hope that we do anything on issues reported here. If you want to make sure, file them on the official way.

Thank you!

Sure, done Smile
I hope I did it all right.

Well, I did a little research on the media flags thing (found it on the issues page) and I guess I have to use the renamer to change them because they're not stored in the nfo, just via filenames.

So there remains 1 questsion:
  • How can I get the "Initiate XBMC update" function to work when having XBMC installed at my local PC? I don't know what I shall enter as IP, port, username and password in settings.
try 127.0.0.1 since its your localhost you wanna update ... also the default port would be 80 and the username and pass is xbmc by default ... these can configured in your xbmc network settings!
Just a quick question; the majority of my studio flags appear in Ember but when I look through my movies on XBMC, quite a few of them are missing!

Does it use a different set of images or have I done something wrong?