Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ph0rce Wrote:Just a quick question; the majority of my studio flags appear in Ember but when I look through my movies on XBMC, quite a few of them are missing!

Does it use a different set of images or have I done something wrong?
ember does it's own flagging. you have to make sure flagging is enabled in your xbmc.
I guess it is not a bug as it has been working before, but can somebody please remind me what I am doing wrong here...

I have selected in settings the movie name to be shown with folder name in initial listing. However, the file name is shown, which causes issues when scraping as I dont even know what movie it is (my file names are not properly named, but only my folder name).

Any thoughs?
steve1977 Wrote:I guess it is not a bug as it has been working before, but can somebody please remind me what I am doing wrong here...

I have selected in settings the movie name to be shown with folder name in initial listing. However, the file name is shown, which causes issues when scraping as I dont even know what movie it is (my file names are not properly named, but only my folder name).

Any thoughs?

Is it with all source or just with one?
If you double checked everything and you think all is OK, then try the delete the database file (media.emm), then readd your sources again...
olympia Wrote:Is it with all source or just with one?
If you double checked everything and you think all is OK, then try the delete the database file (media.emm), then readd your sources again...

It was with all that didnt have an NFO file (for those, it showed the movie name). I had to delete the database media.emm, and not things are as they should be. Thanks.

One related issue though. Sample files are not displayed in the overview although I did NOT exclude files under a certain size and although I did NOT select only to look for one movie per folder. Any thoughts? I would love to find other AVI files such as sample files that EMM allows me to surface that they exist and I can delete them.
i used Ember Media Manager but it only gets the scrapper info in english and i'm from Spain, there is any way to use FilmAffinity or something like this?

Thanks
nul7 Wrote:Try using Hitcher's mod... I just recently gave it a go and flagging works perfectly.

Thanks for the tip. There are lots of things I like about Hitcher's mod, but I still have the same problem; studio and source tags show up, but no video or audio codecs.

Any thoughts or tips are appreciated. EMM is awesome, just trying to get this worked out...

NS

p.s. Oh, and the ability to add custom scrapers so I can add titles from jadedvideo and/or excalibur would be pretty kewl too Wink
emirikol Wrote:i used Ember Media Manager but it only gets the scrapper info in english and i'm from Spain, there is any way to use FilmAffinity or something like this?

Thanks

Dont think there is a way atm inside EMM.
emirikol Wrote:i used Ember Media Manager but it only gets the scrapper info in english and i'm from Spain, there is any way to use FilmAffinity or something like this?

Thanks

No, and not planned in the very close future.
steve1977 Wrote:It was with all that didnt have an NFO file (for those, it showed the movie name). I had to delete the database media.emm, and not things are as they should be. Thanks.

One related issue though. Sample files are not displayed in the overview although I did NOT exclude files under a certain size and although I did NOT select only to look for one movie per folder. Any thoughts? I would love to find other AVI files such as sample files that EMM allows me to surface that they exist and I can delete them.

Is the sample files are in the same directory or in a "SAMPLE" subdir? It the latter, you have to check the "Scan recursively" option.
olympia Wrote:Is the sample files are in the same directory or in a "SAMPLE" subdir? It the latter, you have to check the "Scan recursively" option.

Same directory. I am working with folders, but for some reason it only shows one file per folder (although I dont have this selected). My sample files just get ignored. Issue is that XBMC picks them up and then I have the sample scraped through XBMC and the real movie by the NFO file. Any thoughts?
I've got a thought..

In many cases, there are films with "similar" titles, but the scrapers (on auto) may not pick the right one. Nothing much can be done about this, since computers cannot read human beings minds.. Nerd

But here's a thought. What if, in addition to all the existing methods to select the right movie, and there is still a multiple selection to choose from, EMM uses another last "try" criteria - runtime.

--> if there are multiple choices for the movie from IMDB:
1. Scrape (using MI) the runtime of the video files
2. Get runtime for each choice presented by IMDB (maybe by most popular/partial match etc)
3. Choose the one with the closest matching runtime.

Of course, I must add, this whole idea can be completely not practical. It would add extra time to scrape, plus the code loop for scraping would now have another branch inside to get MI runtime and compare, it wouldn't work for iso files, and of course, after that, it can still get it wrong Sad

But I just wanted to post the idea here anyway, just to share my ramblings.. 'scuse ..
steve1977 Wrote:Same directory. I am working with folders, but for some reason it only shows one file per folder (although I dont have this selected). My sample files just get ignored. Issue is that XBMC picks them up and then I have the sample scraped through XBMC and the real movie by the NFO file. Any thoughts?

Did you set anything at "Skip files less than" settings?
olympia Wrote:Did you set anything at "Skip files less than" settings?

No, I havent. Neither "skip below" nor "just one file per folder". Other thoughts?
steve1977 Wrote:No, I havent. Neither "skip below" nor "just one file per folder". Other thoughts?

I cannot reproduce this. Could you please make a screenshot of your folder structure?
SuperW2 Wrote:Is the rename function not functional at this time?

Didn't get a response - http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=388...count=2258

One more try to get an answer...