Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
yes, EMM is great.. waiting for the day it supports TV SHOWS.

two suggestions though (ok, one suggestion and one request to be honest)

1. "CANCELLING ALL PROCESSES" (when you shut down EMM) should be renamed to i.e. "CLOSING ALL PROCESSES". i felt like i was interrupting background workings when i initially closed EMM the first time.. hehe

2. I would really like to be able to do the following: after re-scraping an offline movie (read from dvd), i would like to save the movie.nfo to a self-defined path if i need to. background for this: as i have dummy files for some hd-content where the dummies do not contain any valid meta data, most likely i will put the dvd in and scrape that one first to see it's meta data contents. now i cannot save thatinfo since it wants to write back to the dvd.. in this case, it would be really convenient to have the ability to save to somewhere else from there, like i.e. the directory containing the dummy data.
heffa Wrote:Thanks for this program, really makes it easy to sort out movies. Are you able to select where the movies source is from? I don't want to have to rename my files movie-bluray ect for them to get the blu ray symbol. Is there an option i'm missing that lets you select in the movie info screen?

XBMC itself is getting this info from the file/folder name, so it is not make sense to store this information anywhere else.
olympia Wrote:XBMC itself is getting this info from the file/folder name, so it is not make sense to store this information anywhere else.

I was hoping I could select this info in ember then have it rename all the files/folders for me.
heffa Wrote:I was hoping I could select this info in ember then have it rename all the files/folders for me.

No option for this at the moment.
Add this as a feature request to our issues page and who knows...
you, sir ... are a genius! thx so much for this app :o I'm going to enjoy my media so much more now haha Big Grin Too bad I have to go through gigantic lengths in order to get it running properly (mac formatted disk, attached on a linux PC that has a dual boot to windows 7, lol).

finally someone who knows how to use the .NET framework and leverage to actually improve our lives. Thx!!!!
Great program. It was reccomended by the other users here at the forum.

I am a new user to XBMC and EMM and was wondering how you go about editing the genere's. The do not seem to scrapeHuh

Any help would be appreciated.

Frank
SuperW2 Wrote:One more try to get an answer...

rename worked fine for me in 1022, I'm sure 1030 works aswell
Loving this program for my movies :-D

Couple of things that could be great
1) Ability to Limit the amount of Fanart/Posters the program downloads
2) When selecting multiple movies - add ability to change all Watched status to "watched/unwatched"
3) I can't find where to adjust the watched status on a movie yet... any help?

Thanks,

stanley87
stanley87 Wrote:Loving this program for my movies :-D

Couple of things that could be great
1) Ability to Limit the amount of Fanart/Posters the program downloads
2) When selecting multiple movies - add ability to change all Watched status to "watched/unwatched"
3) I can't find where to adjust the watched status on a movie yet... any help?

Thanks,

stanley87

1. How would you choose to which images to download? I think this is not make so much sense
2-3. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...atched+nfo
Hallo, someone pls can test "tt0266465" -"A Man Apart" inside EMM ?
I had the already under diff folder/file names and also diff res. and diff sizes but EMM never show the path and the imdb# and also the meta data. When i click on refresh for the meta data the show up but only aslong the movie is selected.

The strange part is all this infos are inside Media.emm but EMM cant display it.
XBMC itself show the meda data.

Edit: I have to say that i use OFDB
olympia Wrote:1. How would you choose to which images to download? I think this is not make so much sense
2-3. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...atched+nfo

Perhaps just download thumbnails of all images, then list other sizes available. Don't download the original images until you've selected which ones you want...

NS
NotShorty Wrote:Perhaps just download thumbnails of all images, then list other sizes available. Don't download the original images until you've selected which ones you want...

NS

I would agree with that. Takes ages to download all the full size images.
Just donwload the thumbs and let the user select the one they want - then download the respective full size image.
NotShorty Wrote:Perhaps just download thumbnails of all images, then list other sizes available. Don't download the original images until you've selected which ones you want...

NS

cydine Wrote:I would agree with that. Takes ages to download all the full size images.
Just donwload the thumbs and let the user select the one they want - then download the respective full size image.

lol, do you think that thumbs of all those images are available to download?
I had to search high/low for some pics on a few movies
Hey nul7 love the app, and I've got a suggestion for you. How about putting update functionality into it? I assume you wrote this in visual studio, and if so, theres a great update plugin out there for VB and C# that makes updating your apps EXTREMELY easy, as in, literally one line of code.

You add the tool to your project, and then on a button or menu click, you call one line of code:

Code:
UpdateController.UpdateInteractive(Me)
(for visual basic)

You use their desktop app to actually publish your update changes to a ftp, http or other server....it takes maybe like 3 minutes to setup. I wrote an app for my work, and instead of sending out new versions to people, I use this now, and just advise people check for updates every few days/weeks.
The free license only allows you to add or replace files, if you go for the full license, you can do much more.... check it out here:

http://www.kineticjump.com/update/