Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
bilbon0bud Wrote:Hello ,
is it possible to delete all media information(ex: definition, sound etc...) from nfo with emm?

Yes you can, if you get EMM to scan your nfo files and overwrite them, it will make the nfos compliant with the latest skins that support native media info.

Now with my own issue, ive been using EMM for months but having trouble with trailer downloads (and have been for a week or so) its been brought up a few times in the last few pages but there has been no answers. It simply isnt working anymore, i have quite a few im trying to do but for example the new star trek and echelon conspiracy dont scrape. The trailers are on the tmdb site but EMM dosnt find them, if you manually put the youtube link in, and hit download it dosnt happen either.
Youtube changed the way there flv's are stored in the last few weeks, all websites that allow you to download youtube videos then shat themselves and fail to work (probably has been rectified since, i havnt checked), has EMM had the changes made to the trailer download portion that will be needed?
psike Wrote:I don't know how XBMC will handle this but is it possible in EMBER moving movies to offline status? I like to backup my movies on CD's but then i need to delete them from the library and add again as offline.
Is there a better way?

yes. replace them with movie dummies.

the downgrade of course will be you can't play movies on a keypress that are removed. but i guess you like to deal with that.

there is aleady a nice dummy avi generator lurking around here in forum that can even display a message telling you i.e. which cd you need to insert to watch that movie upon triggering.
azido Wrote:yes, EMM is great.. waiting for the day it supports TV SHOWS.

two suggestions though (ok, one suggestion and one request to be honest)

1. "CANCELLING ALL PROCESSES" (when you shut down EMM) should be renamed to i.e. "CLOSING ALL PROCESSES". i felt like i was interrupting background workings when i initially closed EMM the first time.. hehe

2. I would really like to be able to do the following: after re-scraping an offline movie (read from dvd), i would like to save the movie.nfo to a self-defined path if i need to. background for this: as i have dummy files for some hd-content where the dummies do not contain any valid meta data, most likely i will put the dvd in and scrape that one first to see it's meta data contents. now i cannot save thatinfo since it wants to write back to the dvd.. in this case, it would be really convenient to have the ability to save to somewhere else from there, like i.e. the directory containing the dummy data.

ok i think i was patient enough in waiting for a response on this.. Rolleyes so i'd like to push that one to see if that could be done.

will also put that request to the emm website so i can be sure it won't be overrreaded.
mandark Wrote:most dropdownlists in various programs (e.g. in firefox) allow to enter the first (or all) letters of the desired option, and it jumps directly to that option. imho the best solution to this would be, if EMM would also work like that. with EMM however, this only works with the first letter.

e.g.:
- current behaviour: if the language dropdownmenu is open and focused, and i type GER, it jumps to "Rabha", which is the first option starting with the letter R
- suggested behaviour: when typing GER, it should jump to "Gera", which is the first option starting with "GER..". then, if a append an M quickly, it moves on to "German". by that i have found the right option in a vast list with only 4 keypresses.

i have to push this one too, since this is a behaviour i already use a lot on windows 7 for file selections in vast collections.

beside that i really never seen an app that will have users with all the displayed languages ~lol~ - wtf is Rabha? Wink
I am new to Ember and I having some trouble trying to keep my already scrapped data (XBMC) and choose what to update with Ember.

Basically no matter if I choose to create *.tbn, *.nfo, -fanart files or only one of them EMM deletes all the existing files in the dir.
If I checked all the files even if I cancel the poster/fanart selection it deletes the existing poster/fanart for the movie, if they are not checked (such as in "Settings | Files and Sources" I only select *.nfo) they are still deleted.

How can I get EMM to only update a specific file while leaving the others intact?

Thanks!
azido Wrote:yes. replace them with movie dummies.

the downgrade of course will be you can't play movies on a keypress that are removed. but i guess you like to deal with that.

there is aleady a nice dummy avi generator lurking around here in forum that can even display a message telling you i.e. which cd you need to insert to watch that movie upon triggering.

I have my DVDs listed in DVD Profiler, I exported them to XML and used DVDProfiler2XBMC to create the folder structure with the basic NFO file.
I modified the source code of DVDProfiler2XBMC so instead of creating an empty dummy file it copies a real video file which shows a DVD with the caption "Please enter DVD to watch this movie" and runs for 30 sec.

Still I miss how to indicate to the user before they select the movie that it is offline. For me the real solution would be for XBMC to let us "split" the Movies collection into 'Offline' and 'Online' because right now most of my collection is offline (DVD) so it kinda breaks the user experience browsing through a lot of movies most of them you can't play right then but others you can.
Hello guys, this is my first post and first of all i want to say that Ember Media Manager and XBMC are great programs!

I have 2 questions about EMM

1.Why does EMM not recognize the .NFO Files that were created by XBMC if the Structure is like that:

Foldername: Spider Man
Files:
Spider Man CD1.avi
Spider Man CD2.avi
Spider Man.NFO

EMM only recognizes the NFO if the NFO-file name is the same as the first CD file name ("Spider Man CD1.NFO" in this case)

2. Is there any better way to make EMM rescan the Movie Folders than going into edit>>settings>>Files and Sources>>edit source wat 3 seconds and just klick ok without changing anything?

When just click tools>>clear all cache + reload all movies, EMM don't list new movies from my harddisk.
BK-Morpheus Wrote:1.Why does EMM not recognize the .NFO Files that were created by XBMC if the Structure is like that:

Because there was a scenario (I don't remeber anymore), where this caused problems.

BK-Morpheus Wrote:2. Is there any better way to make EMM rescan the Movie Folders than going into edit>>settings>>Files and Sources>>edit source wat 3 seconds and just klick ok without changing anything?

When just click tools>>clear all cache + reload all movies, EMM don't list new movies from my harddisk.

LOL, how about update library button on the main screen?
olympia Wrote:Because there was a scenario (I don't remeber anymore), where this caused problems.

LOL, how about update library button on the main screen?

Thanks for the fast and informative answer, maybe i was blind because a haven't recognized the update library button yet Wink

The .NFO naming "problem" is not a problem, i was just wondering and after i renamed the .NFO files to the file name of the first part of a movie (just necessary when the movie has more than one file), then EMM is showing the movie info and XBMC still can work with the .NFO file.
is it me or won't emm scrape anymore images from themoviedb?worked flawless yesterday ... and the site is online...

update: thems there is a problem with the api : http://forums.themoviedb.org/topic/672/c...n-refused/
Everytime I open Ember, I have to put all my settings back in, it wont save them. Any ideas?
While I wait for the TV feature to be added I thought I would release a utility I developed for Ember. It is called TE Ember Browser and it is a light-weight viewer for the media managed by Ember. It is beta and I would be interested in feedback from any brave soul. It can be bittorrented from m*ini*nova at:

http://www.*mini*nova.org/tor/3009254 - remove *s

TE Ember Browser Notes
-------------------------------

Requirements:

1) Ember Media Manager (r1046 beta X86) installed and working (R1052 tested only)

2) Ember Media Manager configured and all scraping done.

3) 32 bit O/S (XP tested only)

Install:

Unrar executable and place in same directory as 'Ember Media Manager.exe' executable.

Features:

1) Simple Interface with read-only access to Ember Media Manager library and actual media files.

2) Enhanced filtering including Media, Certification, and Rating filtering (click on closed folder icon).

3) Faster startup and exit.

4) ExtraThumbs are displayed.

5) MPAA Certification reason displayed.

6) "Film Noir" genre shows icon in display.

7) Genre are displayed in order they appear in NFO.

8) 10 star IMDB rating instead of five.

9) USA:TV-14, USA:TV-MA, USA:TV-PG, USA:TV-G are mapped to supported pictures.

Limitations:

1) No Studio icon, Source icon, Release Date, Votes, File Path, or IMDB ID displayed.

2) Only partial cast displayed and without actor pictures or roles.

3) Only USA certification and English language supported.

4) No filtering on Duplicates, Missing Items, Out of Tolerance, New, Marked, Locked, File Source, Source.

5) No sorting other then alphabetical title.

6) Sort order for titles is simple ('The Library' instead of 'Library, The').

7) Director and Actor filters only display the directors and actors that are in more than a certain number of movies. The more movies you have in your library, the more movies actors/directors have to be in to be listed.

8) UI was designed with 'Segoe UI' font in mind. Computer without this font may not have a pleasing font displayed.

9) UI was designed for a high resolution monitor (1280x1024).
Just came across EMM and absolutely loving it so far Smile Have been trying to use Media Info Plus but just can;t get it to work smoothly on Vista x64. In any EMM's GUI seems infinitely preferable.

Just had a couple of questions:

1.) Does EMM scrape from all the same movie sources as the other XBMC Media managers? Ie. will I get the same results for fanart from EMM as I would from Media Info Plus?

MIP would regularly find fanarts that XBMC would not find. Is this the same with EMM?

2.) Maybe I'm being silly, but I can't seem to find any way to pre-scrape various fanarts for any movies. It seems to just DL one for each movie (even very popular ones). I know I can then select "edit movie" and scrape for some more, but I was used to being able to pre-cache all choices in MIP...any option for this in EMM?

Thanks so much !
hey developers...just wanted to point out a possible bug.

I had a file in my media list that I wanted to remove from the list, but had already deleted from my NAS. so i right clicked, hit remove from disk on JUST THE ONE file, and within about 10-15 seconds...all my movies were gone...all 900GB. this was using x64 version of R1046.
ow snap... i hope your wrong..
when I delete a movie from my disk.. I hit update library in ember... this works...