Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
rflores2323 Wrote:Does this work on ubuntu?? if so how with wine? will there be a native solution for linux coming out or is only windows version being worked on?

I think Nul7 has said that it does run under wine, but it's not officially supported and there are no plans to port to Linux any time soon. I'm sure someone else is welcome to do it!
Hi.
How to XBMC consider the information and images downloaded by Ember Media Manager and not get on the Internet?
[els]
S.O.: Vista
Is Ember development still active or is it currently on hold?
RockDawg Wrote:Is Ember development still active or is it currently on hold?

To tell you all the truth, we(Team members) have not heard a word from Nul7 either since he was not logged in to the forums. That is almost 2 months now.

So yes, as a result of this, development is very limited. Although some bugfixes are on their way.
OK. Thanks.
olympia Wrote:To tell you all the truth, we(Team members) have not heard a word from Nul7 either since he was not logged in to the forums. That is almost 2 months now.

Woah, crazy... hope he's okay!
I try to run EMM on my mac using mono, but everytime I get the following error message. Is it possible to run EMM with Mono?

PHP Code:
mono EmberMediaManager.exe
System
.InvalidOperationExceptionDatabase is not open
  at System
.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.InitializeForReader () [0x00000

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader (CommandBehavior behavior) [0x00000

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader () [0x00000

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-checkSystem.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand:ExecuteReader ()

at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgWizard.RefreshSources () [0x00000

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-checkEmber_Media_Manager.dlgWizard:RefreshSources ()

at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgWizard.FillSettings () [0x00000

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-checkEmber_Media_Manager.dlgWizard:FillSettings ()

at Ember_Media_Manager.dlgWizard.dlgWizard_Load (System.Object senderSystem.EventArgs e) [0x00000

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoadInternal (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000
I'm more a Linux guy so I'm not sure if the same goes for OsX. But could it be that the permissions for the sqlite db file are not sufficient for Ember to write to it?
Bram77 Wrote:I'm more a Linux guy so I'm not sure if the same goes for OsX. But could it be that the permissions for the sqlite db file are not sufficient for Ember to write to it?

No luck, I gave g+o also write permission.
Also, it will give this exception on a machine with no XBMC installed (so no db present)
olympia Wrote:To tell you all the truth, we(Team members) have not heard a word from Nul7 either since he was not logged in to the forums. That is almost 2 months now.

So yes, as a result of this, development is very limited. Although some bugfixes are on their way.

This means support for TV Shows and Music will take a while... Sad
There are other tools but EMM is the best
user321 Wrote:Yes, I've noticed problems with this also.

Problems with fanart here, too. I guess themoviedb changed something. I have the feeling that posters from moviedb are also missing. I can't find any hi-res posters anymore. Hope you guys can fix this soon, EMM really is the best scraping-tool. Big Grin

Edit: Actually themoviedb.org is down right now. Maybe that's the issue.

Edit2: Here is some info from their Twitter-Account:

"We experienced a major drive failure, the db is fine but images might need to be restored from a backup. I'll follow up as I have more info."

So no problem with EMM I think.

That is worrying! I hope he is alive and ok...

Hope he's OK.. Yeah, real life gets in the way.. I've been offline from XBMC forums myself for the whole past week due to work, then the fan in my laptop died, then..! So I hope it is just this kind of stuff, and not like health issues or worse.. If you do catch up with him, just let him know that we on the forums send our Greetz..
Hey guys,

To help pass the time until EMM's development takes off again, I've found that EMM works really well for managing Adult movies when you use Xyber Media Manager to do the initial scraping.

In XMM, I prefer using Excalibur because at the moment it does the best job of scraping Actor thumbs. Also, multi-file movies play much better with EMM if you use XMM to rename stacked files according to movie title (i.e. movie.part1.avi, movie.part2.avi)

EMM really shines by using Frame Extraction for making fanart and extrathumbs, as well as metadata extraction.

The result in Showmix is oh so pretty Big Grin
[BTW, if you don't use multiple Profiles, Adult movies are the perfect example of why you should]

Also, big shout out to the Aeon Git Script and the whole XBMC community!

NS