Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok thanks.

There's one possibility excluded.

Will continue to investigate.
Is there any way to change default movie scraper from imdb to any other?
RKMFlorida Wrote:Before Nul7 had stopped development... There was a lot of talk (questions) about how to sync XBMC's library with Ember data, when XBMC has already stored the metadata -- and how Ember works when setup to communicate with XBMC (an option I've never understood).

Now that we're moving forward again... Can anyone elaborate on how to accomplish this?

You cannot sync XBMC's library with Ember's library. This is becuase the two database are not connected in any way. Currently Ember is using it's internal database only for own purposes.

Ember is creating accompanying files like nfos, thumbs and fanarts, which XBMC can IMPORT. This is the important point. They are not SYNCING, but XBMC is IMPORTING the movie data based on the files generated by Ember.

Unfortunately XBMC currently doesn't featured to mass update it's already stored data. You can do it only one by one, using the refresh button of movie information screen of XBMC.

The update XBMC feature of Ember is not doing anything else than remotely initiating the "Update library" function of XBMC, which is unfortunately only looking for new movies among the sources.
daviduco Wrote:Is there any way to change default movie scraper from imdb to any other?

No
I'm completely aware that Ember only creates metadata files and doesn't sync somehow with XBMC's internal database; however, this is the first time I've ever read that the XBMC connect feature simply initiates a refresh, or that doing this refresh causes XBMC to reload all data replacing its own cached data with the .NFO's.

This is very helpful info, if there is a FAQ/wiki being created somewhere, this would be great to add to it!

@bramblepants - I had a couple specific questions in my post and I wasn't sure based on your reply whether SANZB accomplished this.

Can you tell me specifically whether SANZB goes out and gets each individual episode name?

For example, it downloads an episode like "house.S01E01.group.Xvid.avi" and not only renames but gets the episode name from TVDB or something similar (which in this case might rename it something like "House (S01E01) - The Pilot.avi" -- notice "The Pilot" is the example of an episode name).

And does it also go to the subtitles search engines and download the .SRT?

Speaking of downloading .SRT's ... (FEATURE REQUEST)
I'm not sure whether this is presently a feature in Ember, but this would be huge (and related to Movie featureset). In other words, presently Ember will download Images, Metadata, Trailers ... and in this case, you'd also download the subtitles based on a preferred language. To get an idea how this is done, download SubDownloader2 (I personally feel this is the best .SRT autoretreiver/manager out there) and get familiar with that. SRT's are so much better than the original subs, and a realy neccesity when keeping any non-DVD content in your movie library.
mcai3db3 Wrote:I'm assuming this is a complete noob question, but I've scraped everything, all thumbs and fanart images are saved into each movie folder, but XBMC only shows the fanart, not the thumb.

I'm assuming this is gonna be a simple error on my behalf, but what is it?!

I have tried searching the thread, but couldn't see anything as my search terms are so vague!

Thanks!

By thumb you probably mean poster. Make certain you are saving the posters as filename.tbn in order for xbmc to load them.
uncertainty Wrote:By thumb you probably mean poster. Make certain you are saving the posters as filename.tbn in order for xbmc to load them.

posters will also load when named folder.jpg
@mcai3db3

try moviefilename.tbn oder movie.tbn....
RKMFlorida Wrote:Speaking of downloading .SRT's ... (FEATURE REQUEST)
I'm not sure whether this is presently a feature in Ember, but this would be huge (and related to Movie featureset). In other words, presently Ember will download Images, Metadata, Trailers ... and in this case, you'd also download the subtitles based on a preferred language. To get an idea how this is done, download SubDownloader2 (I personally feel this is the best .SRT autoretreiver/manager out there) and get familiar with that. SRT's are so much better than the original subs, and a realy neccesity when keeping any non-DVD content in your movie library.

We have a dedicated issues page for feature requests! Rolleyes
Anyway, is there any subtitle download page, where you can search subtitles based on imdb id?
Quote:We have a dedicated issues page for feature requests!

What's the URL? The old google page didn't appear to get any views/responses/traction.

As far as how its done, just about all of the subtitle sites seem to use hash's for identifying the movie. This obviously has benefits and drawbacks. To make it simple, Ember could use the official movie name (once obtained from IMDB) which would get you pretty close with the obvious exception of duplicates.

It doesn't need to be ultra-powerful. In my opinion, it would work a lot like Ember already works: 85%+ of the movies are automatic, and the others are done by hand based on a low confidence score.
RKMFlorida Wrote:What's the URL? The old google page didn't appear to get any views/responses/traction.

How did you come to that conclusion? Wink
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=448...count=2671

Googlecode issue tracker has been brought back temporarly. Yes, only temporarly, but currently your only chance.
olympia Wrote:Anyway, is there any subtitle download page, where you can search subtitles based on imdb id?

Opensubtitles.org, like this: http://www.opensubtitles.org/search/subl...id-1190080
do we need to associate a Trailer link on Ember so on XBMC it shows the trailer?

or does it automatically looks for the corresponding trailer on xbmc?
olympia Wrote:If XBMC recognized your sets successfully you should be see them in two ways:

- In this case a sets node is appearing in your library among all the other nodes, like genre, year, title, etc...
- While you browsing your movies in title node in your library, you should see the sets here as well and then when clicking on a certain set, see all the movies within the choosen set.

Did you freshly scanned in those movies which you configured as sets into XBMC's library, or they were movies already existed in your XBMC library, and you configured them into sets later by EMM?

This is really nice how it all works. The only thing I can't seem to find is a way to set a fanart for the set is this possible?
Dignam Wrote:This is really nice how it all works. The only thing I can't seem to find is a way to set a fanart for the set is this possible?

No, fanart is not yupported for sets yet in XBMC. There is not even a way yet for importing thumb for sets from .nfo.