Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
olympia Wrote:The default port in xbmc is 8080, haven't you seen in the settings? Or did you change it to 80?

You're the man! Thanks, got it working now Smile xbmc was showing port 80 by default, I changed it to 8080, and it worked.

For anyone else out there that might want to use this feature:

Name: (whatever)

XBMC IP : 127.0.0.1
Port: 8080
username : xbmc
password : (null)

Thanks again olympia!
hi is there an option in emm where i can change the status of watched/unwatched ? or how i can handle this ?
maniacman Wrote:hi is there an option in emm where i can change the status of watched/unwatched ? or how i can handle this ?

No, XBMC does not support importing of watched status...
Man I wish there was a Mac version for this... this software is amazing!
After being tired of manually editing my movies in XBMC, I ended up using this software.

Well I wish I had done this before. Took me roughly 1h to get all my movie collection (550+ movies) all updated.

Great software!
1 question. I didn't have the patience to look all the pages of this thread Smile

Now that I have updated the library with Ember, I want to get this into XBMC.
I understand that if I already have my library in XBMC, I need to refresh each movie individually.

But can I just clear my library and re-add it? Will it import all the files Ember created then?
joebanana Wrote:1 question. I didn't have the patience to look all the pages of this thread Smile

Now that I have updated the library with Ember, I want to get this into XBMC.
I understand that if I already have my library in XBMC, I need to refresh each movie individually.

But can I just clear my library and re-add it? Will it import all the files Ember created then?

Assuming the files remain intact...it should import them flawlessly. Just make sure your file structure is setup properly so that xbmc will use images properly and read from the nfo files correctly.
hi,

i am managing my movies with Ember Media Manager on my Room computer.

Will i be able to upload this information to XBMC which is installed on another computer (living room) from this computer?
thor79 Wrote:Assuming the files remain intact...it should import them flawlessly. Just make sure your file structure is setup properly so that xbmc will use images properly and read from the nfo files correctly.

Unfortunately, if XBMC has already scraped all the movies it will not use the pictures and nfo files that EMM makes. I'm not sure if removing and then re adding the source will reload all the pictures or not, but I guess it's worth a shot.
NasaGeek Wrote:Unfortunately, if XBMC has already scraped all the movies it will not use the pictures and nfo files that EMM makes. I'm not sure if removing and then re adding the source will reload all the pictures or not, but I guess it's worth a shot.

Actually it turned out very easy.

I went into my movie folder, set the contents to None, which cleaned up the library, then I set it back to Movies, it scanned my files and all I did in EMM is now in XBMC.

AWE-SOME!
Hey
I am trying to use the bulk renamer, but it only seems to be finding 2 movies.

I have all my folder named to the name of the movie but the movie files in them all have random names. Want to rename all movies files to a uniform set.
Hutch Wrote:Hey
I am trying to use the bulk renamer, but it only seems to be finding 2 movies.

I have all my folder named to the name of the movie but the movie files in them all have random names. Want to rename all movies files to a uniform set.

Realized you have to scrap before you can run bulk renamer.

I am having another issue.

Some random movies are not downloading movie.tbn and poster.tbn when I do a full media scrape. However, when I scrap the movie individually and select the cover, it downloads a movie.tbn and poster.tbn. It is only doing this for random movies. This causes XBMC not to display a cover. Any ideas how to fix this?
telheiras Wrote:hi,

i am managing my movies with Ember Media Manager on my Room computer.

Will i be able to upload this information to XBMC which is installed on another computer (living room) from this computer?

anyone?
thank you..
Where are your movies located?
telheiras Wrote:anyone?
thank you..

What do you mean by upload exactly?

EMM creates files in the movie folder root. If you've already previously imported the movies into XBMC and then later downloaded the metadata through XBMC, you can force XBMC to reread your movie source, using the EMM files.

Edit your movie source, set the contents to none. This will clear the existing database. Then set it back to movies and rescan. This should reread all of the new EMM metadata.