Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
efty.edge Wrote:Hi nul7,

i tried your latest release from today. During the test i found two bug. First the sets manager in Movies doesent work. And second, the switch $M doesent work to create a new path.

When the emm Test Build supports german language in the TV section, that would be great.

Thank you for your excellent work.

Efty

I made a lot of changes to the sets manager today... including lots of bug fixes, improvements, and all of the features people have asked for so far.

I'm not sure what you mean with the $M switch. Are you talking about the renamer?? If so, you would need to do something like "$M\$T".

coendeurloo Wrote:I have a small request, I'd like to be able to see if there is a trailer link filled in. Now I have to go right mouse click - edit movie, and check if there is a trailer link.

You only get a checkmark in the main list view when there is a local trailer found. I don't think many people want a local trailer since it takes a while to download all of them, and it can be streamed anyway. Smile

Also - I don't see how to work with the Youtube trailers properly...If I fetch the mp4 link with downloadhelper (firefox addon) it seems to work when I play it in ember, when I press the play button it opens up the browser and wants to download the mp4. But when I save it, close it, update my library and test it it doesn't work. When I browse to the movie info again in ember the url is suddenly corrupt: http://www.youtube.com/get_video?video_i...%3D&fmt=18 <-- that link doesn't work anymore.

When I create a 'fetch format' from a youtube video and save the link to the nfo, it doesn't work either. What is going wrong? It has worked before...

I made some changes to the trailer downloader to hopefully improve user friendliness, as well as add some more functionality.

igotdvds Wrote:Could you be so kind as to add the ability to scrape and ask if it doesnt find a studio and also MPAA rating?

Basically what you have at the top: Scrape Media > Movies Missing Items > Studios

And then add another one: Scrape Media > Movies Missing Items > MPAA

You could use the custom scraper... it won't do specific to "missing studio" but you could scrape all movies for just studios, for example.

jmartin147 Wrote:I had this running fine on my Windows XP box but when I upgraded to Windows 7 (64bit) I lost the ability to detect media flags.

I have the correct MediaInfo.dll file in my executable folder and the DotNet Framework installed just as I did before.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Make sure mediainfo.dll is inside the Bin folder in the Ember directory. Also, if you're trying to get flags from disc images (iso, bin, etc), you'll need the older version of the dll. A download link for it is in the first post of this thread.

tbird2340 Wrote:Need a little help to figure out why EMM isn't downloading posters and fanart from TMDB from movies that are listed..

An example is UFC 100

Thanks

That's a problem with the TMDB API, not with Ember. It's either a caching issue or something is wrong with the API.

steve1977 Wrote:Since installing the latest test built post in this thread, my movie database behaves a bit funny. Trying to find out what has made this happen:

1) Any difference on movies between the latest stable release and the test built including TV shows from this thread?

2) I have installed the test built in a separate new folder. Are there any shared folders outside EMM folder, which could lead to problems like this?

3) I am a bit confused about a few naming conventions for multi-part movies:
* Movie_cd1-fanart OR Movie-fanart
* Movie_cd1.tbn OR Movie.tbn
* Movie.nfo OR Movie_cd1.nfo
* Movie_cd1-trailer OR Movie-trailer

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

1> There have been quite a few changes to the movies side. I'll need more info than "acting funny" to be able to help you with your problem though. lol

2> Ember does not write anything outside it's own directory, aside from the nfo, poster, fanart, etc files.

3> Either will work.
More test builds on http://www.mediafire.com/embermm. If you have tried one of the previous test builds, there is no need to delete your settings or database with this one. If you haven't, then you'll still need to.

There's not much in the way of changes for the TV side, but the sets manager and trailer downloader are much improved. There were also some minor bug fixes and improvements throughout.
Hi,

I'm using EMM r1143 (since yesterday) and I can't retrieve any TV Show info. I think it must be filter related (Regex). My structure is as follows:

F:\TV SHOWS\DEXTER\SEASON 1\DEXTER.S01E01.720p\DEXTER.S01E01.720p.mkv (.srt, ...)

Can someone give me a hint ?

Also, would it be possible to get off the handle focus of the movie search window during the scrape activity ? This is very anoing since you're stuck to do any other EMM background activity and sometimes this interfers with other applications open windows.

Best regards,

Rui
TVDB down since midnight.
Hi,

I've now installed r1152. The problem remains the same (could be due to TVDB being down since yesterday ?) and a new one as arised.

After installation the movie counter reports correct. After library update, the movie counter adds -CD2.fileextension files as a new entry. This creates a fake (greater) number of movies.

Best regards,

Rui

RuiF Wrote:Hi,

I'm using EMM r1143 (since yesterday) and I can't retrieve any TV Show info. I think it must be filter related (Regex). My structure is as follows:

F:\TV SHOWS\DEXTER\SEASON 1\DEXTER.S01E01.720p\DEXTER.S01E01.720p.mkv (.srt, ...)

Also, would it be possible to get off the handle focus of the movie search window during the scrape activity ? This is very anoing since you're stuck to do any other EMM background activity and sometimes this interfers with other applications open windows.

Best regards,

Rui
nul7 Wrote:That's a problem with the TMDB API, not with Ember. It's either a caching issue or something is wrong with the API.

So is there no way to fix this? How does Ember work? If I manually search on TMDB for the movie by name it comes up fine..

Thanks
I just used ember for the first time and love it, but the problem is that XBMC doesn't use the created nfo-data. It still uses the old database.

How can i switch to the nfo data in xbmc?
you need to refresh the movie mate.
RuiF Wrote:Hi,

Best regards,

Rui

That file naming scheme should work just fine with the default filters/regex. I'll run some tests to see what could be the problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "get off the handle focus of the movie search window". Are you talking about the window with search results? That has to be modal, because it's waiting for you to select the proper movie from the results.

tbird2340 Wrote:So is there no way to fix this? How does Ember work? If I manually search on TMDB for the movie by name it comes up fine..

Thanks

Nope. Ember doesn't scrape the site, it sends/receives data via their API. The API has its own database, separate from the main site, that is synchronized periodically. So just because you see something on the main site, doesn't necessarily mean it will be available through the API... it may be a day or two before the items get synced (unless, of course, there is a problem with the API or sync or database or whatever... but either way, it's out of our control).
Using 1152 - is TV scraping not ready yet? It detects all my shows and what not, there' just nothing I can do with it.

Anyway, great work!
ClayM Wrote:Using 1152 - is TV scraping not ready yet? It detects all my shows and what not, there' just nothing I can do with it.

Anyway, great work!

Not yet. Preliminary work is being done. More usability will be included as testing advances.
I posted this in the General forum and I would figure I would post it here since I didn't get the global solution just an individual one...

My problem is that I had my files all named normal... IE "The Hive" "The One" etc etc... And in xbmc it would skip "The" and the movies would be under H and O respectively... Now after emm... "The Hive (2008)" "The One (2001)"... and now the files are found under T for The and not H for Hive or O for One...

Now I did read this a couple pages back...
Quote:See "Sort Title" in edit dialog and Set manager in tools menu.

My question is, how do I go about editing my whole library at once using the name they are displayed under in emm for the sort title?

Thanks in advance!
-Erik
I think inside xbmc you can select how its displayed.

Settings -> Appearance -> File lists -> Ignore articles when sorting (e.g. "the")

Inside EMM i dont think there is such option
I used Ember and I embedded the movie trailer URL in my NFO file. How/can I make it to where XBMC see's this? Thanks a lot!
MrDVD Wrote:I think inside xbmc you can select how its displayed.

Settings -> Appearance -> File lists -> Ignore articles when sorting (e.g. "the")

Inside EMM i dont think there is such option

What about Settings/Movies/Sort Tokens to Ignore?