Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I tried searching for Frame extraction threads, but found no answers. I can't get the frame extraction to work..................I can't load the movie to begin the process. Does anyone have this working?
vhammond Wrote:I tried searching for Frame extraction threads, but found no answers. I can't get the frame extraction to work..................I can't load the movie to begin the process. Does anyone have this working?

Would you mind to share also what happens?
jmartin147 Wrote:Thanks Nul7, I ended up just having to delete out all my old files and start from scratch to get it working again. My library is finally coming together, but I'm having trouble with multiple disc movies. I store and save them as iso files in what I understand is the correct naming convention. They stack correctly in XBMC but when I go to play the movie XBMC just freezes, and I have to kill it in the task manager. Below is how I have it named.

fear.and.loathing.in.las.vegas.1998.sddvd\
fear.and.loathing.in.las.vegas.1998.cd1.sddvd.iso
fear.and.loathing.in.las.vegas.1998.cd2.sddvd.iso

You seem to be someone who knows alot about this so I figured I'd ask. Thanks

Hmmmm... I'm not sure why it's locking up when you try to play the movie, but one thing to note is that XBMC does not support stacking of disc images. That may be the root of your problem.

guyf Wrote:Hi There,

I was updating my database at home all files reside on a qnap in raid 5.

Everything went fine...although I had a little problem with "The Final Cut.ISO", but I managed with changed movie and choose myself the right movie title.

At work, behind a proxy I couldn't do this at my Backup files witch reside on a USB drive.

I also Noticed that I couldn't update other movies like "TimeCrimes" (Spanish original title ).

I have internet connection and can mannualy look up the movies in imdb and http://www.themoviedb.org/

What am I doing wrong?

Kind Regards
Guy Forssman

Ember does not support a proxy at the moment. Would be easy enough to add though. Please create a feature request on embermm.com and we'll get on it.

coendeurloo Wrote:I had the same issue with the latest official version as well as the latest beta that I'm running now.

The steps I take; When I have faulty trailers, I check all the checkboxes so it also overwrites trailers and deletes existing ones.

...snip img...

After that I disable the last two settings so it won't touch the previously generated trailers, which are fine when I test them.

...snip img...

But unfortunatly it does. After I updated my library in XBMC it works fine, but the second time I use Ember (to add a movie for example) and update my library again in XBMC the trailer links are all broken, except the ones that point to a local trailer.

The overwrite and delete existing settings are only for local files, and not the nfo entry. Other than that, I'm not sure what's going on... I'll look into it further though.

Background Wrote:Hi,

how i have do update the XBMC database correctly?

This is my way but i not all posters will be used correctly, it seems that xbmc donwload it from the web and dont use the *.jpg into the folders.

1. Use EMM and collect th data for my folder c:\videos
1.a) now into the folder c:\videos i could see the film.jpg and film.nfo
2. start xbmc: add source c:\videos
3. select imdb (for example) for scraper (without selecting i could not update the folder !)
4. now start the update for the folder via xbmc

But often xbmc uses another poster than the jpg into the video folder. I dont no why... Eek

regards

XBMC uses movie.tbn or <movie>.tbn for the poster. Should have just left the default settings. Wink

andyblac Wrote:XBMC does not scrape them, but if you add them manually it will use them.

Should have read that a little closer. I didn't know fanart.jpg was supported on the season level either. Easy enough to add support for (as well as seasonx.tbn vs seasonxx.tbn).

vhammond Wrote:I tried searching for Frame extraction threads, but found no answers. I can't get the frame extraction to work..................I can't load the movie to begin the process. Does anyone have this working?

What file type are you trying to extract frames from? It won't work for disc images or archives.
nul7 Wrote:The overwrite and delete existing settings are only for local files, and not the nfo entry. Other than that, I'm not sure what's going on... I'll look into it further though.

Thanks, as this is the ONLY bug that I think really needs to get fixed in EMM in my case....you'll make me very happy when you do! (or tell me what I could be doing wrong, of course).
The latest build has issues with unicode support in the description fields (using words such as fiancée). It puts a strange diamond symbol in instead.
fnwc Wrote:The latest build has issues with unicode support in the description fields (using words such as fiancée). It puts a strange diamond symbol in instead.

Which movie? Can you give me the IMDB link so I can check the encoding of that particular page?

EDIT: Just to clarify, I added a check for encoding because IMDB is apparently inconsistent with the encoding it uses for it's pages. As it's coded now, Ember will check for UTF-8... if it's not specifically stated, it will assume windows-1252 (a variation of ISO-8859-01). Might need to tweak that a little or add a check for some other encode. This was first brought to my attention here: http://www.embermm.com/issues/show/46.
nul7 Wrote:Should have read that a little closer. I didn't know fanart.jpg was supported on the season level either. Easy enough to add support for (as well as seasonx.tbn vs seasonxx.tbn).

your the man!! Smile, this is going to blow UMM out of the water. i have tried to use their alpha several times, and it slow slow slow (just llike MIP). even if it is mac compatible (well sort of). EMM is one of the reasons i purchased parallels and windows for my mac Smile your doing an amazing job guys, keep up the good work.

edit: are you accepting donations ?
nul7 use to be pretty humble when it came to donations from what I remember, but now in his latest versions he has a donation button =)
nul7 Wrote:Which movie? Can you give me the IMDB link so I can check the encoding of that particular page?

I'm at work so I can't check EMM for sure, but if IIRC tt0408839 (The Heartbreak Kid) has the word "fiancée" in the description.
andyblac Wrote:your the man!! Smile, this is going to blow UMM out of the water. i have tried to use their alpha several times, and it slow slow slow (just llike MIP). even if it is mac compatible (well sort of). EMM is one of the reasons i purchased parallels and windows for my mac Smile your doing an amazing job guys, keep up the good work.

edit: are you accepting donations ?

I've added support for seasonx.tbn... but i can't find any info on season level fanart. From everything I've found, XBMC does not support this. Do you have a link or anything that shows all the files that XBMC supports that are not in the wiki? Would be helpful to me because, again, I don't use XBMC for TV Shows so I just have to go off of what I read.
I also had another question. Are you planning on extending EMM to music at any point?

Of course, I realize your time is limited and of course we all thank you for your efforts... I was just wondering, since there are several managers that deal with movies/tv shows, but none of them handle music.
krypt2nite Wrote:nul7 use to be pretty humble when it came to donations from what I remember, but now in his latest versions he has a donation button =)

lol Yes... peer pressure. I got tired of hearing "you need to add a donate button" from my wife.... and Hutch. lol

fnwc Wrote:I'm at work so I can't check EMM for sure, but if IIRC tt0408839 (The Heartbreak Kid) has the word "fiancée" in the description.

Thanks... I'll look at it.
nul7 Wrote:I've added support for seasonx.tbn... but i can't find any info on season level fanart. From everything I've found, XBMC does not support this. Do you have a link or anything that shows all the files that XBMC supports that are not in the wiki? Would be helpful to me because, again, I don't use XBMC for TV Shows so I just have to go off of what I read.
AFAIK XBMC doesn't support season fanart.
fnwc Wrote:I also had another question. Are you planning on extending EMM to music at any point?

Of course, I realize your time is limited and of course we all thank you for your efforts... I was just wondering, since there are several managers that deal with movies/tv shows, but none of them handle music.

Once TV Shows is done, we'll get started on music support... so maybe 6 months or so. lol
fnwc Wrote:The latest build has issues with unicode support in the description fields (using words such as fiancée). It puts a strange diamond symbol in instead.

By "latest build" are you talking about the last stable release or the last test version? I just checked this movie and it worked perfectly.