Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
mccorkled Wrote:Can anyone tell me how to NOT have Ember put in links to every actor in the movie?

I unchecked the "cast" button but that didnt work. Thanks!

If they're already in the nfo, then it won't scrape new actors but it also won't clear out the old actors. This is because if you created custom actor entries it would clear all those out every time you scraped. If you want to clear out the actors from all of your movies, you're going to have to delete them all yourself.
I didnt create a custom actor entries. I also deleted all the .nfo files so that there would be no actors in there. Maybe they wont affect my use of XBMC but Im just coming off of MiP and the .nfo files dont have actor tags.

The main reason I switched from MiP was because when I would set the content in XBMC it would re download all of the fanart and covers that I already downloaded. It would store them in the XBMC folder and I want them stored with the movies.

I also noticed with Ember, for the MPAA tag, it gets the rating for EVERY country rather then just USA. What should I do?

Hopefully I dont have that problem with Ember. Do I need to set it up any specific way so that the .nfo can direct XBMC to my fanart and such?
Is it possible to hide the Splash Screen for command line use?
mccorkled Wrote:I didnt create a custom actor entries. I also deleted all the .nfo files so that there would be no actors in there. Maybe they wont affect my use of XBMC but Im just coming off of MiP and the .nfo files dont have actor tags.

The main reason I switched from MiP was because when I would set the content in XBMC it would re download all of the fanart and covers that I already downloaded. It would store them in the XBMC folder and I want them stored with the movies.

I also noticed with Ember, for the MPAA tag, it gets the rating for EVERY country rather then just USA. What should I do?

Hopefully I dont have that problem with Ember. Do I need to set it up any specific way so that the .nfo can direct XBMC to my fanart and such?

XBMC uses the actor listings to display in the cast section of the movie info and to filter/search. But, as I said, you can disable it if you wish and either delete all the nfos and start over, or just delete all the actors from every movie with the movie editor.

Ember can only get the MPAA rating for USA because MPAA is a US organization... there is not such thing as the MPAA in any other country. lol I think you're confusing the Certification for the MPAA rating. There is an option in Ember to get only the Certification listing for your country (if it's available).

And no, XBMC will pick up the fanart, posters, (local) trailers, etc based on their file locations and names.... has nothing to do with the nfo contents. The poster and fanart listings in the nfo are only used if you want to select a new image from XBMC.

Picnic Wrote:Is it possible to hide the Splash Screen for command line use?

Sorry, not at the moment.
Hi Smile

At first: Great Programm! Love the features it has already and I am excited about what will come in the future Big Grin

3 Questions arised in the last days of testing EMM:

1: There is this feature that stores the selected Backdrops into a custom folder additionally to storing them in the movie folder. This is great to collect Backgrounds for the main menu of XBMC etc.
But right now it stores only the one backdrop fanart that I select as THE fanart while scraping. Could there be an option to store multiple backdrops into this folder after scraping? For example "Store all scraped HD Backdrops to selected folder" or something like that? Right now I store additional HD Fanart as "Extrathumbs" and copy them manually from the extrathumbs folder of each movie to the common backdrops folder.

2: If I use the option "Use persistent image cache" and restart EMM after this then all my settings are gone and EMM starts up with the configuration wizard again. The only configuration it seems to keep is the location of the movie directory, everything else is back to default Sad

3: Instead of using the "Persistent image cache" I would love to see the proxy feature released. I noticed the SVN checkin into the repository regarding this feature but I dont know how to build EMM myself at this point. The reason for me waiting desperately for Proxy-Support? Right now I am fiddeling a lot with this whole HTPC thing, using different XBMC installations on multiple computers and I do a lot of "scraping". All XBMC installations are configured to use a server in my LAN as proxy, the server running a caching proxy service. This way if I scrape the posters and fanart over and over again they dont have to be downloaded each time and are instead delivered from the proxy cache.
It would be great if EMM could be configured to use a proxy too to benefit from my intranet cache Big Grin

Thanx for your work and hoping for answers Smile
grumbler Wrote:Hi Smile

At first: Great Programm! Love the features it has already and I am excited about what will come in the future Big Grin

3 Questions arised in the last days of testing EMM:

1: There is this feature that stores the selected Backdrops into a custom folder additionally to storing them in the movie folder. This is great to collect Backgrounds for the main menu of XBMC etc.
But right now it stores only the one backdrop fanart that I select as THE fanart while scraping. Could there be an option to store multiple backdrops into this folder after scraping? For example "Store all scraped HD Backdrops to selected folder" or something like that? Right now I store additional HD Fanart as "Extrathumbs" and copy them manually from the extrathumbs folder of each movie to the common backdrops folder.

2: If I use the option "Use persistent image cache" and restart EMM after this then all my settings are gone and EMM starts up with the configuration wizard again. The only configuration it seems to keep is the location of the movie directory, everything else is back to default Sad

3: Instead of using the "Persistent image cache" I would love to see the proxy feature released. I noticed the SVN checkin into the repository regarding this feature but I dont know how to build EMM myself at this point. The reason for me waiting desperately for Proxy-Support? Right now I am fiddeling a lot with this whole HTPC thing, using different XBMC installations on multiple computers and I do a lot of "scraping". All XBMC installations are configured to use a server in my LAN as proxy, the server running a caching proxy service. This way if I scrape the posters and fanart over and over again they dont have to be downloaded each time and are instead delivered from the proxy cache.
It would be great if EMM could be configured to use a proxy too to benefit from my intranet cache Big Grin

Thanx for your work and hoping for answers Smile

Thank you for the compliments!

1> Why do you want so many backdrops (especially multiple ones for the same movie)?? lol Just curious....

2> Not able to reproduce that at all. What version are you using?

EDIT: And is there anything in the error log after this happens?

3> It's coming. lol I'll probably release another test release in the next few days.
nul7 Wrote:Thank you for the compliments!
2> Not able to reproduce that at all. What version are you using?

I have a similar problem. When i check "Download all fanart images of the following size as extrathumbs" and choose size Small. The settings are gone next startup.

Found this. When set to large or medium it works. Settingsfile is about 13KB. When i set it to small end exit. The settingfile is 4KB only, and last entry in it is:
"<CleanMovieTBNB>false</CleanMovi"
the "eTBNB>" is missing in the end, and nothing more in the file.

Great program otherwise Smile
nul7 Wrote:1> Why do you want so many backdrops (especially multiple ones for the same movie)?? lol Just curious....
For example in Aeon Skin of XBMC the background of the main menu shows random backdrops of a selectable folder. More Backdrops in this folder, less repetition.
And my Windows installations have running "John's Background Switcher" with exactly the same backdrops folder as source for a new Wallpaper oneach screen every 5 Minutes. And again: the more backgrounds, the less repetition Big Grin

And as for the corruption of the settings.xml: I stand corrected!
As trey posted, the setting ""Download all fanart images of the following size as extrathumbs" with the selection of small as size leads to the corruption. Obviously I checked both checkboxes while testing.
In my case its another line that end prematurely:
Code:
<MovieTrailerCol>false</MovieTrai

The errorlog says:

Code:
Title: Error
Message: Beim Generieren des XML-Dokuments ist ein Fehler aufgetreten.
StackTrace:    bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
   bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(TextWriter textWriter, Object o)
   bei Ember_Media_Manager.emmSettings.Save()
Date/Time: 29.01.2010 10:30:15

Title: Error
Message: Beim Generieren des XML-Dokuments ist ein Fehler aufgetreten.
StackTrace:    bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(XmlWriter xmlWriter, Object o, XmlSerializerNamespaces namespaces, String encodingStyle, String id)
   bei System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.Serialize(TextWriter textWriter, Object o)
   bei Ember_Media_Manager.emmSettings.Save()
Date/Time: 29.01.2010 10:30:17

Currently I am using the last beta r1102

nul7 Wrote:3> It's coming. lol I'll probably release another test release in the next few days.

Great Big Grin
It would be nice to have an up/down or drag capability for the actors section, as sometimes IMDB lists the cast shows up in order of appearance rather than by main character, such as Lord of the Rings.

Personally, I like to have the major actors listed first in the 'show cast' section, rather than "First Bystander" or some other thing.
Hallo all,

Today i added new TV-Shows, but r1172 didnt dispaly it.(well i did an rescan for sureSmile ) So i deleted the db and did an full scan and now its show also the 2 new TV-Shows.

Someone have the same problem like me ?
TugboatBill Wrote:Remove the source, re add it, rescan.

Thanks, but I've done this multiple times...still doesn't work? Any other ideas?
MrDVD Wrote:Hallo all,

Today i added new TV-Shows, but r1172 didnt dispaly it.(well i did an rescan for sureSmile ) So i deleted the db and did an full scan and now its show also the 2 new TV-Shows.

Someone have the same problem like me ?

If you're building from SVN it's probably best to delete your settings and database files each time you SVN up because there are still changes being made to both.
Anyway to rename folders from "The Hive (2008)" to "Hive, The (2008)" etc etc... using emm?

Thanks in advance!
-Erik
burritoboy9984 Wrote:Anyway to rename folders from "The Hive (2008)" to "Hive, The (2008)" etc etc... using emm?

Thanks in advance!
-Erik

Not at the moment. Add a feature request on embermm.com and we can add it.
nul7 Wrote:Not at the moment. Add a feature request on embermm.com and we can add it.

Thanks!
-Erik