Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok done for next version..... once Google finishes their updates I'll commit the changes to SVN.
Ok, I'll take a look at the new one. BTW XBMC update button still doesn't work in r81 for me... unless I compiled something wrong...
sumofatguy Wrote:Ok, I'll take a look at the new one. BTW XBMC update button still doesn't work in r81 for me... unless I compiled something wrong...

Bah... hmm.... just to make sure you don't have a password on your XBMC webserver right? I haven't coded for that yet.... want to get the basic update working first.

Edit: Actually I'll add that right now.
nul7 Wrote:Bah... hmm.... just to make sure you don't have a password on your XBMC webserver right? I haven't coded for that yet.... want to get the basic update working first.

Edit: Actually I'll add that right now.

nope, no password or username

also, is there a new extra's package to release with this? I'm missing images\genres\genres.xml
sumofatguy Wrote:nope, no password or username

also, is there a new extra's package to release with this? I'm missing images\genres\genres.xml

Try the new SVN.

There will be a new extras package... I just haven't uploaded it yet. Email me at jason.schnitzler [at] gmail.com and I'll send you the genres package.
nul7 Wrote:Try the new SVN.

There will be a new extras package... I just haven't uploaded it yet. Email me at jason.schnitzler [at] gmail.com and I'll send you the genres package.

Sounds good. The Update XBMC button is working now Big Grin

I'm not sure about the login information since I don't use it, but I can test it for you if you haven't got yours working yet
sumofatguy Wrote:Sounds good. The Update XBMC button is working now Big Grin

I'm not sure about the login information since I don't use it, but I can test it for you if you haven't got yours working yet

Yay! Thanks for testing it! Since I use x64 Linux for my XBMC box, I don't think mine will be fixed for a quite a while. lol If you wouldn't mind testing that part also, I would appreciate it.
nul7 Wrote:Yay! Thanks for testing it! Since I use x64 Linux for my XBMC box, I don't think mine will be fixed for a quite a while. lol If you wouldn't mind testing that part also, I would appreciate it.

Yep, the password settings work as well. Looking good Big Grin

I think this will be a nice little feature to have
I just added a movie that is 1280x532 and the studio tag says 576p... but the icon says 720p still. Is this the intended behavior? It's still considered 720p even if it's a different aspect ratio, as long as the horizontal is 1280px, but maybe this is just a technicality in Aeon's flag system since the icon says 720 still?
I updated the logic in the version in SVN to this:

If sinWidth >= 1600 AndAlso sinHeight >= 800 Then Return "1080"
If sinWidth >= 1350 AndAlso sinHeight >= 750 Then Return "768"
If sinWidth >= 960 AndAlso sinHeight >= 500 Then Return "720"
If sinWidth >= 720 AndAlso sinHeight >= 500 Then Return "576"
If sinWidth <= 720 AndAlso sinHeight >= 500 Then Return "540"
If sinWidth < 640 Then Return "SD"
If sinWidth <= 720 AndAlso sinHeight <= 500 Then Return "480"

I am open to suggestions.

EDIT: And wait... what icon is showing where? The studio tag says 576p and the icon in EMM is showing as 720 or the icon in Aeon is showing 720?
The icon in EMM is showing 720 but Aeon does (incorrectly) say 576p.

That resolution logic seems way too complicated... IMO if 1920>width>=1280 it's 720p, if width>=1920 it's 1080p, and anything lower than 1280 is some form of SD.
nul7 Wrote:Thanks! I'm not sure what you mean by "for use with Aeon skin". EMM supports studio tags, can download fanart to use as extrathumbs, and extract frames from the movie to use as extrathumbs... what else is there? lol

Really!? Excellent! I must have missed reading that.

Thank you!!
Hi man!

I downloaded your manager a few days ago. Basically I've got a big pile of movies with random information, file names, images etc.

I really wanted to sort it out so XBMC would look and run better and my wife might actually like it.

I had previously (and recently) tried other managers but either I hated the interface or they just sucked.

Yours just plain works. I admit, it took me a couple of tries to figure out the settings i wanted and how they worked, but now everything is beautiful.

I really appreciate the work you've done and the help it has been to me so far.

Will reccomend it to anyone.
midgetspy Wrote:The icon in EMM is showing 720 but Aeon does (incorrectly) say 576p.

That resolution logic seems way too complicated... IMO if 1920>width>=1280 it's 720p, if width>=1920 it's 1080p, and anything lower than 1280 is some form of SD.

Well, if the studio tag says 576p but EMM shows 720p then it's a bug in EMM and not in Aeon. Did you edit the flags.xml or any of the icons?

I didn't want absolutes because what if you had a cropped release that was, say, 1900x800.

EDIT: What, exactly, does the studio tag say?

g00fy1 Wrote:Really!? Excellent! I must have missed reading that.

Thank you!!

No prob. I guess that means that I'm covering all the bases with Aeon then? lol

jakedaws Wrote:Hi man!

I downloaded your manager a few days ago. Basically I've got a big pile of movies with random information, file names, images etc.

I really wanted to sort it out so XBMC would look and run better and my wife might actually like it.

I had previously (and recently) tried other managers but either I hated the interface or they just sucked.

Yours just plain works. I admit, it took me a couple of tries to figure out the settings i wanted and how they worked, but now everything is beautiful.

I really appreciate the work you've done and the help it has been to me so far.

Will reccomend it to anyone.

Thank you very much... really good to hear that. I'm always open to suggestions on how to make it better! Wink
Just FYI to anyone following this thread. I should have the next release out tonight. Here is the changelog so far:

Quote: * Feature: Custom genres
* Feature(?): Startup Wizard for new users and updated versions
* Fix: Manual Editor not saving
* Fix: Begin XBMC update process actually works this time.
* Change: Resolution to descriptor logic, again
* Change: Some tweaks to how the Manual Editor is handled
* Change: Support for a m2ts, dvr-ms, and m4v
* Change: Tweaks to IMDB search results GUI
* Change: Some minor clean up and streamlining of some functions
* Change: Support for VIDEO_TS
* Change: "No Information Available" message if movie doesn't have nfo, poster, or fanart
* Change: Allow changing poster/fanart from movie editor even if overwrite poster/fanart is not enabled
* Change: A few more steps to getting EMM to work on Linux w/ Mono

So not a whole lot going on in this release I guess. I want to test a few things with running EMM on Linux and make any changes that are necessary to get it to at least start up and get the basics working. I think in its current code state everything should work aside from frame extraction and maybe media info, but I'm working on a work around for the media info stuff.