Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I certainly appreciate your many hours of hard work. Thanks so much for the releaseCool Hopefully, with the next release someone won't "steal your thunder". Thanks, again, team EMM!!
nul7 Wrote:Did you install to a fresh directory or over your previous installation?

I lost my previous installation when I killed my old XP a few weeks ago and haven't installed EMM since then on the new Win7 so there has been no EMM installation in this OS at all.

I just tried several settings for the file naming and it just doesn't recognize my files. I also don't get any errors.
I also managed to "freeze" the movie list after using "Clean database...". The list was still there but I couldn't click on a movie (but I could switch tabs to TV Shows etc).
nul7, will it be possible to use the previous database in the future, or should user be advised to erase it completely ?

Furthermore, I would like to know, if its still possible to use multiple instances of Ember Media Manager ?
For Example in the previous Version it was possible to use in different folders, different EMM, like portable versions.

THX in Advance.
i've got the same as Montellese. and only the trailers and subtitles remain, the rest isnt found.

and upon rescraping, it doesnt save the new information. (doesnt create an .nfo or saves new images)
blaize Wrote:i've got the same as Montellese. and only the trailers and subtitles remain, the rest isnt found.

and upon rescraping, it doesnt save the new information. (doesnt create an .nfo or saves new images)

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here... do you use "movie.nfo"? And if so, when you added the source did you enable "Detect only one movie from each folder"?
blaize Wrote:i've got the same as Montellese. and only the trailers and subtitles remain, the rest isnt found.

Can you post a support icket on our site with an nfo which doesn't get read attached?
I use folder level style for my movies with "movie.nfo", "movie.tbn" and "fanart.jpg".

OK I just got it working. I had to enable "Only detect one movie from each folder" AND "Use Folder name for initial listing". Without the "Use folder name..." I didn't get any movies at all in the list.
Enabling "Detect only one movie from each folder" did the trick, but i dont remember having to enable this before ?

thanks Nul7!
blaize Wrote:Enabling "Detect only one movie from each folder" did the trick, but i dont remember having to enable this before ?

thanks Nul7!

It is needed to let EMM know to activate features which only works in case you have only one movie in a folder, like extrathumbs, or to know which naming scheme to use (movie or <movie>), etc.

We are trying to reproduce what montellese reported, I mean the need of the "use folder name for lookup", becuase it shouldn't need. But we cannot reproduced it until now. "Detect only one movie" seems to be enough to set, but this is intentional.
olympia Wrote:It is needed to let EMM know to activate features which only works in case you have only one movie in a folder, like extrathumbs, or to know which naming scheme to use (movie or <movie>), etc.

We are trying to reproduce what montellese reported, I mean the need of the "use folder name for lookup", becuase it shouldn't need. But we could reproduced it until now. "Detect only one movie" seems to be enough to set, but this is intentional.

Yeah I just tried to reproduce it as well by deleting the database file and doing it again but this time it works the way it is supposed to. But I can still freeze the movie list by clicking the "Clean database" menu item.
Montellese Wrote:Yeah I just tried to reproduce it as well by deleting the database file and doing it again but this time it works the way it is supposed to. But I can still freeze the movie list by clicking the "Clean database" menu item.

I fixed that in SVN already. lol We have a v1.1 scheduled for next Monday. Hopefully it's not too much of a bother until then. Wink Also, you can enable cleaning the database after each library update.... I think it's enabled by default actually.
Congratulations on getting this out as quick guys. Awesome work, just rescanning now can;'t wait to play around with it, that's probably pretty sad.

May I suggest that you get this thread closed and start a new one one for 1.0 with the "official" announcement. Whilst there will be a lot of info in here which will cross over it really seems like a new app.
nul7 Wrote:I fixed that in SVN already. lol We have a v1.1 scheduled for next Monday. Hopefully it's not too much of a bother until then. Wink Also, you can enable cleaning the database after each library update.... I think it's enabled by default actually.

It's no big deal at all. First I thought it would remove all movies etc from the database but then I noticed that it's the cleanup that removes movies associated with not existing files.
craigd Wrote:Congratulations on getting this out as quick guys. Awesome work, just rescanning now can;'t wait to play around with it, that's probably pretty sad.

May I suggest that you get this thread closed and start a new one one for 1.0 with the "official" announcement. Whilst there will be a lot of info in here which will cross over it really seems like a new app.

We're thinking about it, but, honestly, we don't want to lose the view count. lol Trivial, I know, but it's still cool. lol

Montellese Wrote:It's no big deal at all. First I thought it would remove all movies etc from the database but then I noticed that it's the cleanup that removes movies associated with not existing files.

Yeah... to remove all the movies, just need to remove the sources. Cleanup removes entries for movies that no longer exist or no longer match your settings.
is the scrape media button in TVshows supposed to be greyed out? and for some reason, I cant get the TV show "extras" to even show up in the menu