Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed/used Ember for the first time in about a year and I have to say that this looks amazing now. All of the extra tools and management options are so damn convenient. Everything works beautifully. Fantastic work.
I'm trying to do something a bit oddball - I basically want to sort my movies into a SD/480 folder and a HD (>720p) folder. It's both just to easily track what is and isn't HD and also to provide a way to exclude items from my Xbox setup.

While I COULD rename everything, Ember seems to choke on my movie library for some reason and the renaming preview page dies about a third of the way down - and I don't want to risk my movie library to see if it's just a view/preview issue.

So...would it be possible to either filter a list based on resolution or even sort based on resolution easily?
Nuno Wrote:Will be fixed in next release (already in SVN for some time)
Any word on a release? I thought that 1.5 was dropping a week or so ago. Thanks for all the works dudes/gals Cool
kri kri Wrote:Any word on a release? I thought that 1.5 was dropping a week or so ago. Thanks for all the works dudes/gals Cool

There will be 1.2 before 1.5 and yes, we are in a bit late with that.
http://embermm.com/projects/embermm/roadmap
Necromancyr Wrote:I'm trying to do something a bit oddball - I basically want to sort my movies into a SD/480 folder and a HD (>720p) folder. It's both just to easily track what is and isn't HD and also to provide a way to exclude items from my Xbox setup.

While I COULD rename everything, Ember seems to choke on my movie library for some reason and the renaming preview page dies about a third of the way down - and I don't want to risk my movie library to see if it's just a view/preview issue.

So...would it be possible to either filter a list based on resolution or even sort based on resolution easily?

Filter and/or sirt the list where? In renamer? That is not possible atm, you can do it though in the main interface.

Concerning the renamer, if it always stuck at the same place, then it's a potential bug, but we would need to know which folder/file name is the root cause.
I believe Aeon Flux did it (with the AE character causing things to go nuts).

What I was able to do was use the renamer window to list everythings resolution, then I used that to do a manual sort. So, kind of roundabout but it worked.

There were a few movies that I had to look into manually as the renamer did choke, as I said. I'll check again tonight and see which they were, specifically.
olympia Wrote:There will be 1.2 before 1.5 and yes, we are in a bit late with that.
http://embermm.com/projects/embermm/roadmap
1 DAY LATE I DEMAND A REFUND! Rofl

Thanks for all the great work.

Are there any other HTML export themes available aside from the ones available in the downloader?
kri kri Wrote:1 DAY LATE I DEMAND A REFUND! Rofl

Thanks for all the great work.

yes, yes we will refund everything. Rofl (btw... what is the refund of free?)
1.2 is ready, we just need to get time to release it. worst case in 2 days.
I have my TV shows sorted in 3 different hard drives. I have added those sources into EMM.

If a show is on more than 1 hard drive it lists it twice, like if I had (D:\Weeds\Season 1\ and E:\Weeds\Season 2\) it would list Weeds twice in the TV shows pane.

Can you correct that in the next release, so when it finds a new season of the same show in another hard drive it would just add the season to the original listing and not create another listing with the same name.

Great software by the way, I love it and I've been using it exclusively since I started fiddling with XBMC. It makes life so much easier.

Thank you for your great work, it's appreciated!
Loving the new Ember, but having one little issue that just cropped up. When I'm scraping TMDB for posters, I get plenty of choices that show "Multiple" sizes available, but I can only select "Medium". The others are grayed out.

Might this have anything to do with the announcement I got from TMDB the other day about changes to the site and API?
david81 Wrote:When I'm scraping TMDB for posters, I get plenty of choices that show "Multiple" sizes available, but I can only select "Medium". The others are grayed out.

Might this have anything to do with the announcement I got from TMDB the other day about changes to the site and API?

Yep, looks like the ember scraper will need to be updated for TMDB...
david81 Wrote:Loving the new Ember, but having one little issue that just cropped up. When I'm scraping TMDB for posters, I get plenty of choices that show "Multiple" sizes available, but I can only select "Medium". The others are grayed out.

I can confirm this.
seems like nfnovais fixed this allready in r2184 let's hope for a build soon Wink
Is there a way to add the meta data to the NFO through EMM?
This version brings significant feature enhancements through several new and improved addons as well as many bug-fixes and minor improvements over the previous release. Of special interest are the XML Scraper and XBMC Communications modules. The XML Scraper module will allow you to use the XML scraper files from XBMC within Ember (XML files are not included, you will need to copy them from your XBMC installation). The XBMC Communications module has been improved to allow for direct update of the XBMC database (currently movies only).

When installing this version, all of your old modules will be deleted. This version includes a new Addons Manager that makes it easier to install/uninstall addons. You will need to re-download any modules you had installed previously. As noted in the changelog, the username and password you use to log into the Addons server is the same as your account on embermm.com.

Please give all your thanks to Nuno for this one. He did 95%+ of this one alone (although, I did do quite a good job at delaying this release!). So thanks to Nuno for pressing forward while I work through some real-life issues.

Changelog:
Quote:-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=._.-
Ember Media Manager v1.2.2187
-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=-._.-=._.-

NOTE: To log in to new Addons Manager, use the same username and password from your embermm.com account.

FIX: Detection of VIDEO_TS folders when the folder is not explicitly named VIDEO_TS
FIX: Fixes for calls to scraper functions from Offline Media Manager
FIX: Do not save XML namespace entries when saving multiple episode entries to single nfo
FIX: Error when fetching YouTube URLs in some cases
FIX: Scraping/detection of VIDEO_TS/BDMV folders and saving relevant files
FIX: Always/Never update time enums were switched
FIX: Do not process backdrops if no folder is specified

CHANGE: Improvements to Setup
CHANGE: Remove need for administrative rights under UAC policy
CHANGE: Only clean database entries for the selected source
CHANGE: Improvements to TV DB cleaner
CHANGE: Isolate module errors from core
CHANGE: Improvements and fixes for native movie scraper
CHANGE: Improvements and fixes for native TV scraper
CHANGE: Improvements and fixes for renamer
CHANGE: More tweaks for menu enabling
CHANGE: LOTS of misc. fixes/tweaks

FEATURE: XBMC XML Scraper Module - based on ScraperXML library by Nicezia (available in Addons Manager)
FEATURE: Improved XBMC Communications module - allows direct update of XBMC database (available in Addons Manager)
FEATURE: Improved Addons Manager (more improvements to come)
FEATURE: Audio and Video codec mapping via AdvancedSettings.xml
FEATURE: Stacking markers can now be defined in AdvancedSettings.xml
FEATURE: "None" option for file source filter