Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
diemos Wrote:I've been trying to figure this out, but no luck, so i finally decided to ask for help.

EMM does not detecting my TV Shows (structure). I have
- Season 01
- 24.1x01.12.00.AM_1.00.AM.AC3.DVDRip
- 24.1x01.12.00.am_1.00.am.ac3.dvdrip_ws_xvid.avi

same thing for all the other shows, but it DOES detect all the shows just fine with this folder structure:

- Season 01
- 24.1x01.12.00.am_1.00.am.ac3.dvdrip_ws_xvid.avi

I DON'T want to move all episodes from their folders into one folder with all avis inside.

This just looks like if recursive scanning was on, it would work. Do I have to edit regex or am I doing something wrong?
(running ember 1.2, on win xp)

Thank you.

Recursive scanning is for movie sources, not for TV shows.
This folder structure is not supported at the moment.
DarkMasterCh1ef Wrote:Hi,
I have my entire movies saved on a acer home server.
with all the old versions of the EMM I could manage this easily.
since the current version will be removed at the database-updating all the movies and I have to enter the path of the films from scratch.
what can it be?
System is:
Win7 Ultimate & Acer easystore h340 with Windows Home Server
greetz from germany

You mean you have to reenter the sources from scratch at each run? In this case check that you have write permission for the user you run Ember with to Ember's folder.
olympia Wrote:It's quite a few information to track it down.

Not sure what you mean by that. If you're saying I didn't give you enough information, I'm not sure what more information I can give. Since I've upgraded to 1.2, Ember doesn't find any media on any new media paths I add in the settings even though there are videos in those paths.

I've been using EMM for quite a while and all my settings and path have been working just fine. I even deleted all my paths, clicked on "reload movies" which cleared my movies list and then I tried to re-add my paths one at a time and it's not finding any movies.
RockDawg Wrote:Not sure what you mean by that. If you're saying I didn't give you enough information, I'm not sure what more information I can give. Since I've upgraded to 1.2, Ember doesn't find any media on any new media paths I add in the settings even though there are videos in those paths.

I've been using EMM for quite a while and all my settings and path have been working just fine. I even deleted all my paths, clicked on "reload movies" which cleared my movies list and then I tried to re-add my paths one at a time and it's not finding any movies.

Check if you have the "One movie per folder" set in sources (if that is the case)
Re-check premission to ember folder.. (1.2) don't ask for privileges (UAC) like 1.1. If it can't access to it's own files will fail to detect media!
(Try to move ember folder to \Users\<username>\<Ember folder> and run ember from there)
Turns out that EMM was indeed finding the movies. I finally noticed the movie titles wizzing by in the lower left corner. It seems the problem is that I had "clean database after updating library" enabled (as I always have) and it is apparently "cleaning" all the movies back out of EMM for some reason. Now that I have it unchecked, my movies are fine. Bug in the new version?

Also, something I've been noticing for a while. Under movies>scrapers>images, I have Poster>Overwrite Existing disabled, but on the rare occasion that EMM scrapes the wrong title for one of my movies and I have to manually 'Change Movie', EMM prompts me through selecting a poster and fanart and when I hit cancel for the poster, it deletes my custom movie.tbn file. It shouldn't do this, should it?
Version 1.2 is great. Solves a few minor quibbles that had me using the previous version before this one came out. Thanks for the release and the fixes!
RockDawg Wrote:Turns out that EMM was indeed finding the movies. I finally noticed the movie titles wizzing by in the lower left corner. It seems the problem is that I had "clean database after updating library" enabled (as I always have) and it is apparently "cleaning" all the movies back out of EMM for some reason. Now that I have it unchecked, my movies are fine. Bug in the new version?

Also, something I've been noticing for a while. Under movies>scrapers>images, I have Poster>Overwrite Existing disabled, but on the rare occasion that EMM scrapes the wrong title for one of my movies and I have to manually 'Change Movie', EMM prompts me through selecting a poster and fanart and when I hit cancel for the poster, it deletes my custom movie.tbn file. It shouldn't do this, should it?
Are you movies VIDEO_TS?
Are there problems with the trailer download in the current build? the only way i get trailers is to manually input (search google) them then press download?
Nuno Wrote:Are you movies VIDEO_TS?

yes
RockDawg Wrote:yes

That for example would have been an important info to give you an answer right after your report. There was a bug around that. We fixed it today. Will be release soon (hours probably).
Good to know i'm not going mad Smile
im having problems getting Ember v1.2 to scrape a folder.jpg file.

It doesnt seem to work no matter what I do in the new version, other files like <movie.tbn> seem to scrape fine tho.

Anyone had a similar problem?
davidaq Wrote:im having problems getting Ember v1.2 to scrape a folder.jpg file.

It doesnt seem to work no matter what I do in the new version, other files like <movie.tbn> seem to scrape fine tho.

Anyone had a similar problem?

Set "Only detect one movie for each folder" in your sources
This is maybe a stupid question.

Where can I download the XBMC Controller Modul? I can`t find it in the Download Addons/Modules Section.
cd492 Wrote:This is maybe a stupid question.

Where can I download the XBMC Controller Modul? I can`t find it in the Download Addons/Modules Section.

It should be there. Called "Ember XBMC Communication", and be caraful about downloading only your platform specific version.