Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can anyone advise as to why Ember appears to be okay with the NFO files downloaded, but then when adding to my XBMC library, the movies all have their correct posters and fan arts, but the movie information is all duplicated for my entire library (circa 300 films).

All are now 'Drivers Ed Scare Films Vol 3' or something like that, despite Ember telling me that the NFO files are all fine and dandy.

I'm about to tear my hair out in frustration!

Many thanks in advance,
tsf
Be sure to execute as Administrator. I had "hanging" problems before and now it runs perfectly.
i'm not sure if this is an ember issue but when i scrape tv shows with specials they are shown in the specials folder only in xbmc. my friend just uses xbmc to scrape his shows and his specials are in the specials folder but also in the season's folder that the special is from. i'm not sure if this make sense but for example, the miniseries for battlestar galactica is shown before everything else when he goes into season 1. i like this because then it's obvious when to watch specials. is there anyway to have ember do this?
thesilverfox Wrote:Can anyone advise as to why Ember appears to be okay with the NFO files downloaded, but then when adding to my XBMC library, the movies all have their correct posters and fan arts, but the movie information is all duplicated for my entire library (circa 300 films).

All are now 'Drivers Ed Scare Films Vol 3' or something like that, despite Ember telling me that the NFO files are all fine and dandy.

I'm about to tear my hair out in frustration!

Many thanks in advance,
tsf

I have the same issue. Very frustrating. I have tried changing several settings in XBMC with no luck...
I never had any problems with Ember on Windows 7 except some known (and now fixed) bugs everyone experienced. I also don't have to run it as Administrator it just works fine.
I place all my movies under \Movies\Movie-name(year)\Movie-name.avi
r1105 scrapes all the correct info, however versions after that
keeps messing up the names even after selecting correct one from the name preview/selection list,
example. "how t trn drgn" after manually selecting "how to train your dragon" scraped as "Ole (2006)" etc.

It also keeps adding movie-name.dvd to everything and it`s rather annoying and I cant seem to
disable it Okay stupid me, it`s in the bulk renamer {.$S} but still don`t like it

Also under TV shows, one example: my folder and episodes are called "The Office (US)" but keeps scraping the office uk etc.
As Ben has said you need to run as Adminstrator otherwise it does hang, with the new update it should now prompt you to run as Adminstrator.
ingeon Wrote:I place all my movies under \Movies\Movie-name(year)\Movie-name.avi
r1105 scrapes all the correct info, however versions after that
keeps messing up the names even after selecting correct one from the name preview/selection list,
example. "how t trn drgn" after manually selecting "how to train your dragon" scraped as "Ole (2006)" etc.

It also keeps adding movie-name.dvd to everything and it`s rather annoying and I cant seem to
disable it Okay stupid me, it`s in the bulk renamer {.$S} but still don`t like it

Also under TV shows, one example: my folder and episodes are called "The Office (US)" but keeps scraping the office uk etc.

Please check your setting... see Wiki for more info.
rifken Wrote:I have the same issue. Very frustrating. I have tried changing several settings in XBMC with no luck...

Please check if you don't have some folder in 2 diferent sources in xbmc
Also (older xbmc version don't give issue but never know) that you check only on nfo type in ember!
Sorry for this question, but it is late, and had a couple to drink, and yes ok it is probaly in Wiki or in the forum somewhere, but hell it's good to talk.

I scrape my movies using ember, but how do you actually get XBMC to see those nfo files?

What actual settings do you need, so that it sees those nfo files, rather than scrapping somewhere else?
I've done some searching and reviewed the Wiki but can't find the answer...

Is there a method to apply a Sort (Date Added, Rating, etc) when exporting your movie library via the addon? I know you can filter, but can you Sort?

If not, is there a feature request already in place - I searched but didn't see any on the roadmap.

Thanks,

-M
MarkTaunton Wrote:Sorry for this question, but it is late, and had a couple to drink, and yes ok it is probaly in Wiki or in the forum somewhere, but hell it's good to talk.

I scrape my movies using ember, but how do you actually get XBMC to see those nfo files?

What actual settings do you need, so that it sees those nfo files, rather than scrapping somewhere else?

It uses the nfo files when you add those movies to your library.
MarkTaunton Wrote:Sorry for this question, but it is late, and had a couple to drink, and yes ok it is probaly in Wiki or in the forum somewhere, but hell it's good to talk.

hey man nice to see another somerset xbmc user, i'm from Yeovil.

with regards to my earlier posts about the version list being unavailable, it was because internet explorer was not set up correctly as i never use it.
Whats with the add on notification? can i switch this off somehow?

Otherwise its perfect
I can not register on EMM homepage... ? why?