Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nul7 Wrote:Thanks! I'll probably make the next release tomorrow night... I have a few more requests that I want to get knocked out first. For all you lazy people who don't want to checkout the google code page, here is the current changelog for the next version:

lets hope the [trailer] fix works, so o i can use the program again...!
Really escellent Job!

I test EMM right now for the first time and have some questions Smile

1. Would it be possible to scrape the Genre also from OFDB ? (The dont split it in that much Genres)

2. Is there a way to re-scrape all movies via the current ID to get rid of all "addtiny.gif" from the actors the MIP inserted ? (i really prefer to not use this "addtiny.gif")

3. is this "imdbid.txt" that MIP create a MIP internal file or can xbmc use this ?

4. Will there be an option to rename the filename = Foldername ?

5. It looks at the moment .ts are not supported ?

Thank you!
diemos Wrote:once again, incredible work, and amazingly fast updates. Can't wait for recursive scanning Nod keep it coming.

THANK YOU.

Thanks! Unless something major comes up, you'll have recursive scanning tonight. Wink

PrimaryMaster Wrote:lets hope the [trailer] fix works, so o i can use the program again...!

lol Let's hope....

MrDVD Wrote:Really escellent Job!

I test EMM right now for the first time and have some questions Smile

1. Would it be possible to scrape the Genre also from OFDB ? (The dont split it in that much Genres)

2. Is there a way to re-scrape all movies via the current ID to get rid of all "addtiny.gif" from the actors the MIP inserted ? (i really prefer to not use this "addtiny.gif")

3. is this "imdbid.txt" that MIP create a MIP internal file or can xbmc use this ?

4. Will there be an option to rename the filename = Foldername ?

5. It looks at the moment .ts are not supported ?

Thank you!

1> Sure it's possible. If you want to keep the little genre images, you'll need to edit the genres.xml to match the german equivalents. Please add an enhancement request to the google code issues page and I'll work on it.

2> Sure, just use one of the "All Movies" updaters. If a movie already has an nfo with an IMDB ID it will use that to download the new data. To make it quicker, just go into settings and disable all the "Download images from..." settings and that will force it to only scrape the data and not posters/fanart. You may want to hold off till next release to do this, because I'm going to change the ID to not store with the "tt" prefix. I think that's how XBMC stores it internally.... surprised no one has mentioned that yet. lol

3> I have no clue what that is. I'm guessing it's something for MIP use only.

4> Not yet, but there is an enhancement request for it. I'll probably work on that after the next release.

5> No... but I just added it to SVN. lol
Could someone who uses YAMJ please answer my question here:

http://code.google.com/p/embermediamanag...%20Summary

This is pretty much all that's holding up the next release.

EDIT: Nevermind. Answer received. I'm going to mull over the code for a little bit, then make a release later.
r164 is in the first post. Let me know if you guys find any bugs. Thanks!
EMM ignore "Terminator.3.Rise.of.the.Machines.2003.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTS-W[Trailer].mov"
and finds "Terminator.3.Rise.of.the.Machines.2003.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTS-W.mkv"

but he takes "A.Time.To.Kill.1996.720p.BluRay.x264-S[Trailer].mov" instead of
"A.Time.To.Kill.1996.720p.BluRay.x264-S.mkv"

and i can not find out why!! ?
nul7 Wrote:r145 is in the first post. Let me know if you guys find any bugs. Thanks!

Should be r164 Wink
nul7 Wrote:2> Sure, just use one of the "All Movies" updaters. If a movie already has an nfo with an IMDB ID it will use that to download the new data. To make it quicker, just go into settings and disable all the "Download images from..." settings and that will force it to only scrape the data and not posters/fanart. You may want to hold off till next release to do this, because I'm going to change the ID to not store with the "tt" prefix. I think that's how XBMC stores it internally.... surprised no one has mentioned that yet. lol

This part didnt work for me. My current nfo's looks like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <fileinfo>
    <lastupdate>2009-04-01T18:17:58.765625+02:00</lastupdate>
    <version>1.3</version>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>688</height>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <formatinfo>AVC</formatinfo>
        <duration>2h 9mn 23s 791ms</duration>
        <bitrate>6 914 Kbps</bitrate>
        <bitratemode />
        <bitratemax />
        <container>.mkv</container>
        <codecid>V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC</codecid>
        <codecidinfo />
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <aspectdisplayratio>1.860</aspectdisplayratio>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <language>deu</language>
        <codec>AC-3</codec>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <bitrate>448 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <studio>Atlas Entertainment / 720p / AC-3 / 6ch / deu</studio>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114746/
and EMM see the IMDB ID and it works when i make an manual update via "Re-Scrape IMDB" - "Current ID" but wenn i try it via "Update Media" - "All Movies" it scan all Media but nothing is updated at the end.

Than i found that sometimes EMM create its own names ?
I didnt set a single filter under settings but when there is something like "DVD9" inside the filename of an mkv it remove this "DVD9" or "CDD" for the jpg, nfo and tbn file but didnt rename the mkv itself.
In such case it didnt find the already present jpg, tbn and nfo and i have to enter the imdb id manual.

This bring me to the next problem Smile
In such case i have to use an new search and inside this windows i have to enter the ID without the "tt" @ the beginning to find the movie but after EMM display it and i want to pres OK it means that this isnt a valid imdb ID and than i have to enter the 2 t's to be able to close the window.
EMM is finding more posters since the latest release! Great job Smile
MrDVD Wrote:This part didnt work for me. My current nfo's looks like this:
Code:
and EMM see the IMDB ID and it works when i make an manual update via "Re-Scrape IMDB" - "Current ID" but wenn i try it via "Update Media" - "All Movies" it scan all Media but nothing is updated at the end.

Which version are you using? It's working fine at me.
Nothing happened in the end at all or just in case you have the above .nfo in the movie folder. (Or you have this type nfo in all your folder?)

MrDVD Wrote:Than i found that sometimes EMM create its own names ?
I didnt set a single filter under settings but when there is something like "DVD9" inside the filename of an mkv it remove this "DVD9" or "CDD" for the jpg, nfo and tbn file but didnt rename the mkv itself.
In such case it didnt find the already present jpg, tbn and nfo and i have to enter the imdb id manual.
I am not sure what you mean here.

MrDVD Wrote:This bring me to the next problem Smile
In such case i have to use an new search and inside this windows i have to enter the ID without the "tt" @ the beginning to find the movie but after EMM display it and i want to pres OK it means that this isnt a valid imdb ID and than i have to enter the 2 t's to be able to close the window.

Hmm.. This needs to be investigated.
But instead, you can also use the search by movie name function
olympia Wrote:Which version are you using? It's working fine at me.
Nothing happened in the end at all or just in case you have the above .nfo in the movie folder. (Or you have this type nfo in all your folder?)

I use the latest one from today.
I have this type in 90% of my folders and EMM see the ID but at auto it didnt update the files.

Quote:I am not sure what you mean here.

You can try it yourself by create an file with this Chars inside and while scrap this movie EMM create the <moviename>.jpg, <moviename>.tbn and <moviename>.nfo file without this Chars. (i found DVD9 and CDD will be autoremoved by EMM, but maybe there are more)

examples:

<moviename>-CDD.mkv
EMM create:
<moviename>.jpg
<moviename>.nfo
<moviename>.tbn
this will not work inside xbmc i think.

and here a working one:
<moviename>-HHH.mkv
EMM create:
<moviename>-HHH.jpg
<moviename>-HHH.nfo
<moviename>-HHH.tbn

so EMM must have some internal filter that we cant change ?

Quote:Hmm.. This needs to be investigated.
But instead, you can also use the search by movie name function

I think this is a bug that can be easy fixed and im sure its from the changes inside the last version.
MrDVD Wrote:I use the latest one from today.
I have this type in 90% of my folders and EMM see the ID but at auto it didnt update the files.

I tried with your .nfo and it's okay at me.
Are you sure you run update by "all movie"?
Becuase if you run update by "movies missing items", then emm will not update it, as it is recognize your nfo as a valid nfo.

MrDVD Wrote:You can try it yourself by create an file with this Chars inside and while scrap this movie EMM create the <moviename>.jpg, <moviename>.tbn and <moviename>.nfo file without this Chars. (i found DVD9 and CDD will be autoremoved by EMM, but maybe there are more)

examples:

<moviename>-CDD.mkv
EMM create:
<moviename>.jpg
<moviename>.nfo
<moviename>.tbn
this will not work inside xbmc i think.

and here a working one:
<moviename>-HHH.mkv
EMM create:
<moviename>-HHH.jpg
<moviename>-HHH.nfo
<moviename>-HHH.tbn

so EMM must have some internal filter that we cant change ?

Uggghhh, that is confirmed!

MrDVD Wrote:I think this is a bug that can be easy fixed and im sure its from the changes inside the last version.

Confirmed too. I guess this is because Jason changed to handle imdb id's without tt and forget to modify the validation mechanism here.
MrDVD Wrote:This part didnt work ...and EMM see the IMDB ID and it works when i make an manual update via "Re-Scrape IMDB" - "Current ID" but wenn i try it via "Update Media" - "All Movies" it scan all Media but nothing is updated at the end.

I also have these two problems. When I Update the Media it only creates almost empty .nfos with only the media tags in it.
PrimaryMaster Wrote:EMM ignore "Terminator.3.Rise.of.the.Machines.2003.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTS-W[Trailer].mov"
and finds "Terminator.3.Rise.of.the.Machines.2003.BluRay.1080p.x264.DTS-W.mkv"

but he takes "A.Time.To.Kill.1996.720p.BluRay.x264-S[Trailer].mov" instead of
"A.Time.To.Kill.1996.720p.BluRay.x264-S.mkv"

and i can not find out why!! ?

I think I might know. Let me fix a couple of the other bugs and maybe add a feature request or two, and I'll make a new release tonight. We'll get this worked out, don't worry.

olympia Wrote:Should be r164 Wink

LOL Yes, thanks. Updated my original post.

MrDVD Wrote:This part didnt work for me. My current nfo's looks like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<movie xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <fileinfo>
    <lastupdate>2009-04-01T18:17:58.765625+02:00</lastupdate>
    <version>1.3</version>
    <streamdetails>
      <video>
        <width>1280</width>
        <height>688</height>
        <codec>h264</codec>
        <formatinfo>AVC</formatinfo>
        <duration>2h 9mn 23s 791ms</duration>
        <bitrate>6 914 Kbps</bitrate>
        <bitratemode />
        <bitratemax />
        <container>.mkv</container>
        <codecid>V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC</codecid>
        <codecidinfo />
        <scantype>Progressive</scantype>
        <aspectdisplayratio>1.860</aspectdisplayratio>
      </video>
      <audio>
        <language>deu</language>
        <codec>AC-3</codec>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <bitrate>448 Kbps</bitrate>
      </audio>
    </streamdetails>
  </fileinfo>
  <studio>Atlas Entertainment / 720p / AC-3 / 6ch / deu</studio>
</movie>

Just for a sanity check, do you have either <movie>.nfo or movie.nfo (or both) checked in settings? If not, it won't create/modify the nfo.

MrDVD Wrote:Than i found that sometimes EMM create its own names ?

The problem here is that EMM is filtering out DVD9 and CDD because it thinks they are stacking markers (as in you have DVD1 through DVD9 or CDA through CDD for that movie). I'll have to somehow add an exception for DVD9 and CDD... are there any other possibilities that I need to add an exception for? I'm not even sure how I CAN add an exception for these at this point though, because if you DID have movie.DVD1.mkv through movie.DVD9.mkv it wouldn't catch the last one. Hmmmm.......

MrDVD Wrote:This bring me to the next problem Smile

Ack.... I'll fix that. Sorry.

Bram77 Wrote:EMM is finding more posters since the latest release! Great job Smile

Thanks.... I don't think I changed anything that would cause it to get more posters, but I'll take credit for it. LOL
temmi2000 Wrote:I also have these two problems. When I Update the Media it only creates almost empty .nfos with only the media tags in it.

Your problem may be different. First off, the obvious question, you're not running the "Media Tags Only", right? Next, we need to make sure the movies are getting added to the list with a usable name. How do the movies appear in the list? Using "Friday the 13th" as an example, does it show as "Friday the 13th" or "Friday.the.13th.1977.DVD.Some.Other.Tag"? I have a feeling it's the latter. In which case, you'll need to either select "Use Folder Names for Title" if your folder name is the proper name for the movie, or create some custom filters.