Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nuno Wrote:On notebook you have YAMJ set compatibility enabled!

LOL I always thought YAMJ was some type of video format or spec....Never knew it was a multimedia manager till I just googled it....Big Grin
Does anybody know if the newer syn versions of XBMC are working correctly with the current movie.nfo files? every time I scan my movies in to XBMC it looks like it's actually downloading all the info / names of the movies and using the artwork from the local folders, of course it's getting a lot of the names / info wrong even though in Ember it looks spot on!
Cheers, Thomas
I'm trying install this program? but during downloading components setup say me "Error downloading:biography.jpg" and installation aborting. Please help me. Give me link of full packgage in archive. Thanks and sorry for my bad English.
LordMerlin Wrote:I'm trying install this program? but during downloading components setup say me "Error downloading:biography.jpg" and installation aborting. Please help me. Give me link of full packgage in archive. Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

Seup is running ok!
There is no "full packgage in archive"
Please check if you have any popup blocker, antivirus, proxy, that is messing with setup!

You can also open a support ticket and attach install.log, so we can give a look
Here is final strings of install.log

--- GetURL: URL=Updates/Files/ad186c32763369551661fc30f7a26f39db098b27.emm File=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ember Media Manager\updates\ad186c32763369551661fc30f7a26f39db098b27.emm
+++ GetURLDataBin Error: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
+++ Main: Error downloading: biography.jpg
*** Main: END 03.06.2010 12:36:56
LordMerlin Wrote:Here is final strings of install.log

--- GetURL: URL=Updates/Files/ad186c32763369551661fc30f7a26f39db098b27.emm File=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ember Media Manager\updates\ad186c32763369551661fc30f7a26f39db098b27.emm
+++ GetURLDataBin Error: The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
+++ Main: Error downloading: biography.jpg
*** Main: END 03.06.2010 12:36:56

"You can also open a support ticket and attach install.log, so we can give a look "
Thanks for the replies. In another attempt at all to download, must have been glitches provider.
Is high time for the work program - it supports third-party Scraper?
Lately (started from 2-3 last updates) when I start Ember there is no movies in my list, they show up when I perform Update library or Clear filters (no filter is checked). Any ideas? Did not have this problem before.
djenous Wrote:Lately (started from 2-3 last updates) when I start Ember there is no movies in my list, they show up when I perform Update library or Clear filters (no filter is checked). Any ideas? Did not have this problem before.

Any error?
Also check if windows user running Ember have full permission to ember folder and all subfolders
Hi,all

Just wanted to share this that I found searching for an alternative media manager instead of having to boot into Windows to use Ember.

Ember can be made to work just fine in Linux as well Cool

As I write this I'm running it under Ubuntu Lucid x86_64. Works perfect .

Here's the link :

http://www.embermm.com/boards/2/topics/837
OK, this was probably not such a good idea after all. It's so unstable it's practically useless Sad Crashes all the time . Oh well.....
Hi guys, using latest EMM as of today, and want to clean out old jpg/tbn files for Movies and TV Shows. I just use fanart / season posters etc etc for use in XBMC so am wondering is there some combination of formats I need to keep.

I want to
1) Clean files that XBMC won't use, or would be redundent.
2) Setup emm settings to only scrape necessary files, rather than duplicates with different naming conventions. I have each movie and each tv show, season, in their own folders (but episodes are all in one season folder of course). Is there a feature to auto set this up yet?

Can anyone help provide suggestions as to what I should leave checked for each type, eg.

TV Shows ->Show Posters - Season Posters - Episode Posters - Show Fanart - Season Fanart -All Season Posters
Movies -> Poster - Fanart

Thanks!
Yesterday I upgraded from r105 to the latest version, but now when I run EMM (installed in the same folder previous version was) I get the movie listing screen with almost all menus grayed out and I can not select any movie or do almost anything in the program.

The log complaints that I don't have TVShows database or something. My previous version of EMM only admitted movies. Do I need to install in a different path and forget the upgrade path?
adsoto Wrote:Yesterday I upgraded from r105 to the latest version, but now when I run EMM (installed in the same folder previous version was) I get the movie listing screen with almost all menus grayed out and I can not select any movie or do almost anything in the program.

The log complaints that I don't have TVShows database or something. My previous version of EMM only admitted movies. Do I need to install in a different path and forget the upgrade path?

Upgrade from that version is not supported.
Do a clean install!
Nuno Wrote:Any error?
Also check if windows user running Ember have full permission to ember folder and all subfolders

No errors, it was permissions problem, thanks.