Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nuno Wrote:Removed

lol nul7 faster then me as usual..

That's what she said...

wait...

Sad
Well I got this to run just fine, but my problem is that it shows a windows file structure and my network doesn't show up under it. All my movies and files are on a server in my house.
I'm still using MIP personally, the cli version works great for tv series.
Xbmc pretty much handles movies on it's own now so that aspect is a non-issue.
I like using a manager because I can go through and change fanart and posters real easy and it's all organized nicely at my computer. Like I stated all my stuff is on a media server so I do the media info stuff on a separate computer from my HTPC and then just tell XBMC to update. Works really well.
XBMC isn't reading my nfo files for TV shows.
According to jmarshall its because i don't have the <episodeguide> field in my tvshow.nfo files.

so i rescrapped the series (Burn Notice), and EMM wouldn't add the field. Even though I have it set to scrap that information.

Edit: Added Api-Key for XBMC, and still doesnt
isamu.dragon Wrote:XBMC isn't reading my nfo files for TV shows.
According to jmarshall its because i don't have the <episodeguide> field in my tvshow.nfo files.

so i rescrapped the series (Burn Notice), and EMM wouldn't add the field. Even though I have it set to scrap that information.

Edit: Added Api-Key for XBMC, and still doesnt

Doesn't look like episodeguide is required for xbmc to scrape from nfo files (only for it to scrape online).

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=529911&postcount=6

However, I just updated one of my boxes to svn31181 and now xbmc is no longer scraping episodes from the nfo files generated. Wondering if it is an issue with that build.
Hi, I created fanart/nfo/tbn/extrathumbs with EMM and everything is working great on the main storage computer, but I don't see those same files on my livingroom htpc. I checked permissions from security tab and user "Everyone" is missing so I think that must be the problem. So how can I add "Everyone" to files created by EMM from now on?

Thanks.
Hi guys,

just curious... is there a fix in the works for trailer downloading? We used to be able to download trailers from Youtube but because they changed the way it was setup or something, we couldn't download from there anymore. Are the any plans to getting this sorted or any workarounds available?

Thanks Smile
Thanks for the creation of such a great tool.

For movies it works flawlessy, and I've been having a great time flushing out my movie data.

I've been having trouble with TV shows, however. On TVDB there's info for specials relating to which season the special belongs and which episode it should appear before. XBMC scrapes this info just fine. Ember appears to ignore it completely. I've searched this thread many times and cannot find anything about it. Am I overlooking something, or is this how Ember behaves? If it is the latter, may I request that this be looked into and fixed? As it stands now, it is very problematic for TV series with lots of specials (like the new Doctor Who series) which are not in the intended viewing order (but are with the native XBMC scraper).

Thank you for your time.
Hello,
First off I love the program.
Second I've got quite a few shows that are either TV movies or TV special (ie. Olympics) and when scrapping my entire collection I was wondering if it was possible to be able to skip a shows that the scrappers are not going to be able to find so I don't have to be around the computer to hit "cancel" when it can't find it.
I've got many hundreds of shows and would like to be able to run a scan of the entire collection rather then going one show at a time.
Thanks for you help
Nate
In the TV section, is it possible to turn off the MPAA rating? I don't really like looking at the clutter on the screen. Thanks.
This is better asked in the EMM thread.
I have updated my XBMCLive to r31181, and a newly added movie (Hot Tub Time Machine) scrapes fine, however, when I update the library it doesn't add the description from the info...alsno, no imdb rating, and no year. The rest seems to be there though. Could it be that xbmc stopped reading the way ember formats it's nfo's?
I've looked back a few pages but didn't see it mentioned so forgive me if this has been reported before.

XBMC now requires the <duration></duration> to be in minutes only so could you change this field to be the same as the <runtime></runtime> one and use the actual video length please.

Thanks.
I recently did a new Ember install and when I try to start the program it will load the splash and says Basic Setup in progress bar then stops with the program running behind the splash. I have been working and looking around for hours trying to figure what the proplem is. The basic setup never opens. I'm running win 7 32bit. I've tried this on 2 different pc's with the same results. Help