Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has there been any progress on the Music portion of EMM?
TugboatBill Wrote:Has there been any progress on the Music portion of EMM?

If you browse the roadmap you will see that music is not even planned for any future release. Not sure what you mean by progress...
uncertainty Wrote:If you browse the roadmap you will see that music is not even planned for any future release. Not sure what you mean by progress...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=493...count=3214
uncertainty Wrote:If you browse the roadmap you will see that music is not even planned for any future release. Not sure what you mean by progress...

TugboatBill Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=493...count=3214

Hi there,
It's planned yes, but no ETA neither is in roadmap.
It will come when we can dedicate some time to it.
Still alot to do, Time is short, personal live get's in the way sometimes... so no promisses on any timeline
I have a questions about EMM, and how it works with c:\Movies\MovieName\VIDEO_TS structure. If I enter the source directory as c:\Movies, then scrape, all retreived data gets placed in movie VIDEO_TS directories. But if I start with a blank database, and enter a source as
c:\Movies, the movie names show up in EMM, but none of the corresponding NFO/Artwork info that currently resides in the VIDEO_TS directories. Is it supposed to? I wouldn't think I need to rescrape if the data is already in VIDEO_TS dirs?

Thanks!
Cool program!
Hey there. Fantastic application. Big fan of it, thanks heaps.

But for the life of me I am unable to work out how to export my list of movies. Where is the option? I've looked around everywhere, even downloaded the addon for it.

Please let me know what I'm missing. Thanks in advance Smile
WannaTheater Wrote:I have a questions about EMM, and how it works with c:\Movies\MovieName\VIDEO_TS structure. If I enter the source directory as c:\Movies, then scrape, all retreived data gets placed in movie VIDEO_TS directories. But if I start with a blank database, and enter a source as
c:\Movies, the movie names show up in EMM, but none of the corresponding NFO/Artwork info that currently resides in the VIDEO_TS directories. Is it supposed to? I wouldn't think I need to rescrape if the data is already in VIDEO_TS dirs?

Thanks!
Cool program!
http://www.embermm.com/projects/embermm/...structures
stew23 Wrote:Hey there. Fantastic application. Big fan of it, thanks heaps.

But for the life of me I am unable to work out how to export my list of movies. Where is the option? I've looked around everywhere, even downloaded the addon for it.

Please let me know what I'm missing. Thanks in advance Smile

After downlaoding the addon "Ember HTML Exporter" and any adicional templates, and after the required restart, a new options in tools menu "Export Movie List"
Nuno Wrote:After downlaoding the addon "Ember HTML Exporter" and any additional templates, and after the required restart, a new options in tools menu "Export Movie List"
Thanks for the quick reply Nuno.

I actually did that, restarted a couple of times and didn't see the new option.

I think it didn't work because I downloaded both the x64 and x86 versions.

I uninstalled them both, then reinstalled the x86 only... and the option now shows up.

Thanks heaps Smile Ready to try it out now!
I do have another question though...

I've been playing round with the HTML templates & have nearly got one I'm happy with... but I was just wondering why the movie poster images it exports are getting down-sampled to a maximum 200px high? Like even if I specify the image to be something like 300px high, the poster will still output as 200px high max, and then upsample (enlarge) in the web browser to the 300px, thus distorting the image.

I do realise the logic behind thumbnail size images, but was wondering if there was a way to control the generated image dimensions? At least it doesn't scale the image disproportionately to look squish though, which is good.

<b>PS)</b> This really is a fantastic application!
stew23 Wrote:I do have another question though...

I've been playing round with the HTML templates & have nearly got one I'm happy with... but I was just wondering why the movie poster images it exports are getting down-sampled to a maximum 200px high? Like even if I specify the image to be something like 300px high, the poster will still output as 200px high max, and then upsample (enlarge) in the web browser to the 300px, thus distorting the image.

I do realise the logic behind thumbnail size images, but was wondering if there was a way to control the generated image dimensions? At least it doesn't scale the image disproportionately to look squish though, which is good.

<b>PS)</b> This really is a fantastic application!
Thank you,

ATM only using command line. Next version will have something to solve this
I can't believe I only now found out that the TVShow scraping does work to some extent, it's wonderfull, I can finally edit my season posters and fanart, THANK YOU EMBER!!
Ember scraped many of my movies wrong
i use pseudo-"standartized" format of Movie name (year) [notes] on folders and i have checked "use folder names", jet it still get wrongly titles like:
Hills Have Eyes (1977)
Hills Have Eyes (2006)
- both detected as newer one
The crazies (1973) [santi]
The Crazies (2010) [BDRip XviD-SAiNTS] [DUPLIKATNI]
- both detected as newer one
The Legend Of 1900 (1998) [DVDRip DivX-SMB]
- undetected - xbmc thinks that 1900 is year of movie in autodetection mode so it cuts it

also in movies where i use format like this one
2012 [mam i v HD] [DUPLIKATNI] [vision]
it detectes part of text in brackets [ ] in autodetection mode

I did not found any option for ember to run background, autodtect newly aded movies to directory and scrape data for them

for movies The crazies (1973) and Hills Have Eyes (1977) and probably some other i cannot use change movie and select it from the list, however directly inserting imdb id worked. Similar problem with The Pink Panther 2 (2009) [DvDrip,eng-FXG]. In all cases automatic scraper hangs and don't continue to scrape next movie.

i don't know how themoviedb connector works, but it seams to me that it search movie vie imdb movie id, because in other tools like themetabrowser or mediacentermaster i get fanarts for more movies in ember - is there same way to scrape from the movie db using movie title and year, but still use imdb as primary source?
for example: blue, baraka, green zone .... and many more
UPDATE: now i tried to scrape barara by selecting individual item in list and it get fanarts correct - so maybe some bug similar to what i described in 3. is occurring.

why is option to scrape extrathumbs only always grayed? Sad

if there is existing folder.jpg and ember don't found poster on re-scrape it deletes existing file \: - this is what bother me mostly, especially in tvshows.

is it possible to disable using jpeg compression and keep posters same as downloaded from tmdb?
I've noticed lately that Ember says there is no thumb for some TV episodes when there indeed is a thumb on thetvdb.com. It's happened on the past few True Blood episodes for me.
RockDawg Wrote:I've noticed lately that Ember says there is no thumb for some TV episodes when there indeed is a thumb on thetvdb.com. It's happened on the past few True Blood episodes for me.

try re-scrapping the individual episode, or if the episode aired that day wait about 2hrs. and re-scrap (since newly added information and thumbs take about that time to reach the api)