Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
isamu.dragon Wrote:Your partially right. XBMC does NO scrapping work.
However, you use this to keep uniformity, as well as organization.

Let's Say you have ALL the Harry Potter movies, you use this to scrape them, then you create a movie set, and add the movies to the set.

Also with certain modules you can keep a written movie list so that you can email/print to a friend or family member to show them what movies you have.

Another module is XBMCstuff. With it you can download logos/Clearart/Landscape pictures for TV Shows to be used within certain skins

Okay I am going to download this tonight, read the Wiki and then if I have any other questions I will post back.

Is there any other documentation I should be reading or looking into regarding this or the Wiki is good enough to start?

Thanks for the quick/detailed reply.
Hi devs,

any chance of getting trailer downloading back again? (or if anyone knows how to automatically download trailers from the web, please share the knowledge)

thanks.
FYI, I ended up just manually adding .HDTV to the end of the filename for my HDTV shows and all is well in EMM. Getting my XBMC box delivered end of the week so will do some testing.

thought i had a problem but i fixed it
Hey world,

Does anybody know how to configure EMM to do the following:

movies\
movies\Somemovie (1996)
movies\Somemovie (1996)\Somemovie (1996)-CD1.mp4
movies\Somemovie (1996)\Somemovie (1996)-CD2.mp4
movies\Somemovie (1996)\Somemovie (1996).nfo <--

It seems that my version on EMM insists on using the -CD1 extension for nfo and fanart :-(
This naming scheme is supported by XBMC and believe it's the defacto standard for stacking.
I have searched this thread and i am unable to find the answer to a question i have.

If I have 20 movies and all the accompaning files (trailer, nfo, fanart, etc etc) all in one directory and i want to sort them into fodlers, but the year is not in the file name of the movies. Is ember capable of doing this? currently it just sorts them into folders without the year. Does anyone know if there is a setting to sort them into folders and add the year?

for example:

Alice in wonderland.avi
Alice in wonderland.nfo
Alice in wonderland.tbn
Alice in wonderland-trailer.mp4

All of this gets sorted into a folder name Alice in Wonderland, but i would like it to get sorted into a folder named Alice in Wonderland (2010).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Still having issues with the whole nfo file killing new episodes...

The tvshow.nfo now has the correct key:

<episodeguideurl>http://thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/79216/all/en.zip</episodeguideurl>

However, my Debug Log fails to find the following files, like so:

DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match smb://xxx:xxx@xxx/video/tv/it crowd, the/season 04/it.crowd.s04e01.avi (s4e1) [[Ss]([0-9]+)[][._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$]

DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'smb://xxx:xxx@xxx/Video/TV/IT Crowd, The/Season 04/it.crowd.s04e01.avi'

ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Asked to lookup episode smb://xxx:xxx@xxx/Video/TV/IT Crowd, The/Season 04/it.crowd.s04e01.avi online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place

Is this because EMM saves it as episodeguideurl, and XBMC is looking for episodeguide?
chalk4 Wrote:I have searched this thread and i am unable to find the answer to a question i have.

If I have 20 movies and all the accompaning files (trailer, nfo, fanart, etc etc) all in one directory and i want to sort them into fodlers, but the year is not in the file name of the movies. Is ember capable of doing this? currently it just sorts them into folders without the year. Does anyone know if there is a setting to sort them into folders and add the year?

for example:

Alice in wonderland.avi
Alice in wonderland.nfo
Alice in wonderland.tbn
Alice in wonderland-trailer.mp4

All of this gets sorted into a folder name Alice in Wonderland, but i would like it to get sorted into a folder named Alice in Wonderland (2010).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit->Settings->Modules->Renamer

Under the Default Naming Pattern for folders put "$T {($Y)}"
Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but as it's a 400+ page thread without a big rundown in the OP it's a hard mission to crawl through!

I've used Ember before, and I quite like the way it deals with my movies... however with TV it makes a lot of files and doesn't place them into a master folder within each series folder so it's put me off a bit. I can see that TV functionality is currently further behind that Movies, and was essentially wondering: do you get much more out of Ember from a TV standpoint currently than scraping with XBMC and TVDB and keeping backups of your library? What extra information can you garner that I can't do currently? I tried briefly but my install of XBMC fought a little bit with it (mainly out of my lack of current knowledge) so just checking to see if it's worth the time and effort as it stands. Cheers.
Hey All,

i've noticed that for Breaking Bad TVDB uses a different Episode Nr. for DVD Ordering. They use 1.0, 2.0, etc. instead of 1, 2 (see here for what i mean: http://www.thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=sea...&order=dvd). Ember doesn't seem to pick this up right, and assumes the episode numbers are 10, 20, etc. Any way to fix that?

Kind regards,
Phil

p.s. Even after completely removing the Show from Ember and rescraping with standard order it uses the dvd ordering episode numbers (10, 20...), anyone run into this?
rimster Wrote:Hey All,

i've noticed that for Breaking Bad TVDB uses a different Episode Nr. for DVD Ordering. They use 1.0, 2.0, etc. instead of 1, 2 (see here for what i mean: http://www.thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=sea...&order=dvd). Ember doesn't seem to pick this up right, and assumes the episode numbers are 10, 20, etc. Any way to fix that?

Kind regards,
Phil

p.s. Even after completely removing the Show from Ember and rescraping with standard order it uses the dvd ordering episode numbers (10, 20...), anyone run into this?

I have exactly the same problem with lots of other shows, so I would love to see this fixed too.
pHo Wrote:Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but as it's a 400+ page thread without a big rundown in the OP it's a hard mission to crawl through!

I've used Ember before, and I quite like the way it deals with my movies... however with TV it makes a lot of files and doesn't place them into a master folder within each series folder so it's put me off a bit. I can see that TV functionality is currently further behind that Movies, and was essentially wondering: do you get much more out of Ember from a TV standpoint currently than scraping with XBMC and TVDB and keeping backups of your library? What extra information can you garner that I can't do currently? I tried briefly but my install of XBMC fought a little bit with it (mainly out of my lack of current knowledge) so just checking to see if it's worth the time and effort as it stands. Cheers.

there is still quite a bit of work to do on tv part of ember, but it is quite promising. There are some problem with recursivity in tv folders (it will only traverse 3 lvls deep, so if you got episode folders under season\series\ it won't pick those up), and you can't update XBMC with it yet (at least not the tv shows), but otherwise it works nicely.
Oh! That explains the Breaking Bad mystery...
Thanks for the post rimster, I'll keep it in mind as I progress my setup.
Not sure if this is an Ember question or an XBMC question (or both), but is it possible to have a Set within a Set?