Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have the same issue, although I can just manually re-scrape each TV show and that works, but I can't do individual episodes that way, only entire shows.
How good is the TV support?

I'm currently using MetaBrowser to monitor/scrape information on my movies and TV shows, but I'm thinking about moving to XBMC and Ember Media Manager.

I waited for a little bit because EMM only supported movies but now I'm very interested since TV support has been added...
Hello

My first post on xbmc forum.

If I want to use EMM for YAMJ how do I set up EMM?

How do I download addons for EMM?
I have used username adn password for xbmc forum but it doesn't work in EMM addon server. Do I have to use any other username, password...

Thank you.
Hey world,

Does anybody know how to configure EMM to do the following:

movies\
movies\Somemovie (1996)
movies\Somemovie (1996)\Somemovie (1996)-CD1.mp4
movies\Somemovie (1996)\Somemovie (1996)-CD2.mp4
movies\Somemovie (1996)\Somemovie (1996).nfo <--

It seems that my version on EMM insists on using the -CD1 extension for nfo and fanart :-(
This naming scheme is supported by XBMC and believe it's the de facto standard for stacking.
From my experience, EmberMM does not support splitted movies.
guys i'm about try Ember MM out as XBMC is not as stable on my end when it comes to adding info on my new movies, my question is after adding the needed info like plot cast, poster, etc to my movie files, do i just need to update my xbmc library? what happens to the info already stored on my current library, will they be overwritten? thanks in advance Smile

anotehr question, i'm using xbmc on a mac, since there's no mac version of EMM, i'll use bootcamp for EMM and then go back to my mac for the xbmc... there will be no conflicts right? thanks
shootertwist Wrote:guys i'm about try Ember MM out as XBMC is not as stable on my end when it comes to adding info on my new movies, my question is after adding the needed info like plot cast, poster, etc to my movie files, do i just need to update my xbmc library? what happens to the info already stored on my current library, will they be overwritten? thanks in advance Smile
Normally, if you edit the nfo of a movie that was previously scanned into your library, XBMC will not reflect the change unless you either refresh the movie manually within XBMC or delete the database file and re-scan your entire library.

However, if you're using the standard XBMC database (and not the external mySQL option). EMM has a really cool module you can add (XBMC Controller) that will automatically initiate an "update library" on any XBMC machine. Even cooler, it also has an option to perform "real-time synchronization". IMHO this is an awesome feature and is exactly what you want if you're editing nfos for movies you already scanned in your library. With this option EMM will make the change directly to the db and the edited info will be reflected in XBMC immediately without any further actions. Unfortunately, it doesn't work with the mySQL database option that I (and others) am using to act as a central database serving multiple XBMC machines throughout my house.
gregor Wrote:Hello

My first post on xbmc forum.

If I want to use EMM for YAMJ how do I set up EMM?

How do I download addons for EMM?
I have used username adn password for xbmc forum but it doesn't work in EMM addon server. Do I have to use any other username, password...

Thank you.

Does anybody know an answer. I still can not login to addon server (with xbmc forum name, password).

Which username, password do I need?

Thank you.
gregor Wrote:Does anybody know an answer. I still can not login to addon server (with xbmc forum name, password).

Which username, password do I need?

Thank you.

http://www.embermm.com/projects/embermm/...ns_Manager
olympia - Do you know if there are plans to adapt the XBMC controller module to work with mySQL databases?
RockDawg Wrote:olympia - Do you know if there are plans to adapt the XBMC controller module to work with mySQL databases?

I don't know. As it was mentioned before, Nuno is working on the project alone at the moment, but since it's on the roadmap for 2.0, there is hope.
Hi.

I might do this wrong and post this in the wrong place but I have an Issue.

I use Ember as media Scraper but in the new version (XBMC 10.5 Dharma) it seems that when updating the library XBMC does NOT check wich genres I would like to have or more importantly NOT have...

I have sorted my library so all childrens movies are in the Family genre and no where else, this makes it easy for my kids to find them and also keep them out of the way for everything else.

But when I re-installed xbmc with Dharma and updated the library XBMC seem to use the new internal standard scraper (TheMovieDB) and doing this it changes the name of some movies, adding and/or deleting genres, it seems to me that the only thing used are the local Posters, Fanart and trailers, maybe even the media icons and maybe the plot.

Am I doing something wrong or is there a fix?

Sincerly

//Talle
MindTooth Wrote:From my experience, EmberMM does not support splitted movies.

It does, and it supports then very well, it just doesn't seem to support my (XBMC's default) way...
Use movie.nfo instead of <movie.nfo>, it will save you some grief...
clock2113 Wrote:Use movie.nfo instead of <movie.nfo>, it will save you some grief...

Can you clarify the issues you'd run into using <movie.nfo>? I use that method exclusive and has always worked well.