Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ecwfrk Wrote:Getting the same thing with lots of movies.
I enabled persistent cache and it downloads all the posters and saves them with names starting with poster_(cover), poster_(mid), poster_(original), and poster_(thumb) but within the program it only displays and allow me to select the ones which are saved as poster_(cover).

For what i can see (with limited resources, still on vacations) this is a issue of TMDB. Some of the backdrops are being report as "content-type" "g" instead of "image/jpeg". This makes Ember "think" it's a invalid image url and discard it!
BinaryMonkey Wrote:I get youtube trailers sometime but they don't play in the skin window

I had the same problem with getting YouTube trailers if I told EMM to save them in the NFO when scraping. From what I've been told, the link to the video in the page expires soon after you get it, so it's not much use.

The YouTrailer script was supposed to get around that, but doesn't work for the Dharma (10.5) SVN releases, so I resorted to having EMM go through and download all the trailers it could to my library and now I just have the trailers saved along with the movie and they finally play properly.
dalben Wrote:Before I hear howls of "standardise your folders", I run a popcorn hour at home as well so I need to balance needs.

Before you start requesting the EMM team to support xbmc + popcorn hour home theaters, remember that this is a tool for xbmc, so you already know the answer...
http://www.embermm.com/projects/embermm/...to_Folders

okiee82 Wrote:Folder Cars/Cars.iso Folder Batman Begins/Batman Begins.bluray.iso PLEASE HELP

Convert your iso to mkv with this. Just do it.
http://www.makemkv.com/

maxcovergold Wrote:Hello. I was just wondering if it is possible to have Ember resize all the existing posters and fanarts?

This program works really dang well for me. The design of it is a little cheesy, but can't beat the price.
http://www.fotosizer.com/

krish_2k4 Wrote:I want to delete the "MPAA Rating Descriptions" in all of the movies, is there an easy way of doing this rather then editing every single one manually?

Sorry, I know I'm using you as an example, but there are too many people in this thread with requests for really niche features that almost no one else will use, which really distracts from legitimate discussions.

That being said, everyone make sure to read the wiki, and enjoy the rest of your weekend Smile
http://www.embermm.com/projects/embermm/wiki

NS
NotShorty Wrote:Sorry, I know I'm using you as an example, but there are too many people in this thread with requests for really niche features that almost no one else will use, which really distracts from legitimate discussions.

That being said, everyone make sure to read the wiki, and enjoy the rest of your weekend Smile
http://www.embermm.com/projects/embermm/wiki

NS

wasnt asking for a feature my good man Huh, im just asking if there is an easier way to delete "MPAA Rating Descriptions" in my movies, like delete a file so when it scrapes it wont scrape "MPAA Rating Descriptions". Oo
Nuno Wrote:For what i can see (with limited resources, still on vacations) this is a issue of TMDB. Some of the backdrops are being report as "content-type" "g" instead of "image/jpeg". This makes Ember "think" it's a invalid image url and discard it!

Is this the cause of emm not pulling the full size fanart/posters?

Seems in the last 2 weeks or so I have been having the following problems.

1. EMM doesn't pull all the full sized fanart (720 and 1080 versions), but does pull most of the tumbs/smaller versions. I have been going to TMDB manually for about 75% of fanart.

2. Posters from TMDB have an odd behavior. When I scrape, most will show up. If I select and save a poster in original size, it won't take or replace the current poster. If I select a smaller version of said poster it will properly save.

Sounds like my 2 issues may be related to the content-type issue aboveHuh?
NotShorty Wrote:Before you start requesting the EMM team to support xbmc + popcorn hour home theaters, remember that this is a tool for xbmc, so you already know the answer...

Actually, EMM also has some YAMJ specific options. Considering that and the fact that the popcorn hours are pretty darn popular, what is the problem with somebody suggesting some PCH specific options?

Quote:Sorry, I know I'm using you as an example, but there are too many people in this thread with requests for really niche features that almost no one else will use, which really distracts from legitimate discussions.

It would appear that Ember has an option for what the poster wants under Settings\Movies\Scrapers - Data\Miscellaneous\Use Certification for MPAA\Only Save the Value to NFO. That would suggest to me that it should only save the rating value (G, PG, etc) and not the reason for the rating which is what I think the poster is looking for. For whatever reason though I can't seem to get it to work. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what it should do.

On a separate note, who are you to determine what is and isn't legitimate discussion in this thread? Are you a XBMC mod? Are you a a member of Team EMM? I didn't think so! So why don't you just back off and let the people in charge determine what is worthy of discussion or inclusion in EMM.
NotShorty Wrote:Before you start requesting the EMM team to support xbmc + popcorn hour home theaters, remember that this is a tool for xbmc, so you already know the answer...
http://www.embermm.com/projects/embermm/...to_Folders

Ember is a media manager with many XBMC specific features. But as someone else mentioned, it has YAMJ specific features as well. It's not entirely specific to XBMC.

Quote:Convert your iso to mkv with this. Just do it.
http://www.makemkv.com/

I have over 400 DVDs backed up to ISO files on my server. Converting them to MKVs would be extremely time consuming to say the least. It'd be much quicker to just add the Meta Data to the NFO manually. There's also the benefit to ISOs of being able to very quickly and easily burn them with a simple double click from any Windows 7 computer which would be lost if they were MKVs. For me, the time and effort to convert them coupled with the loss benefits of having DVDs in ISO format aren't worth the small added benefit of easier meta data collection.

Instead of simply telling someone to do it, maybe you could actually give an intelligent answer as to why they might want to choose to do so.

In answer to the original question so poorly answered, the newer versions of mediainfo, which is what pulls the meta data automatically from media files, does not support ISO files. Ember has an addon to use an older version which does support them, but it's not very reliable and still doesn't work at all on many files and often returns inaccurate data when it does pull something.
Which pretty much makes your choices:
- Try the addon and hope it works to your satsfaction
- Hope Mediainfo re-adds support for ISOs in the future and either add the Metadata manually or live without it until then.
- Unpack your ISOs (WinRar is capable of doing it) and scrape the unpacked files
- Convert your files to a format that mediainfo supports.

I personally used global search and replace to add some generic DVD metadata to the NFOs for my DVD movies that are in ISO format.
Since my Bluray collection is still relatively small, I rip those to MKVs as I obtain them since XBMC can't play them as ISOs anyway and mediainfo handles those without a problem.

Quote:Sorry, I know I'm using you as an example, but there are too many people in this thread with requests for really niche features that almost no one else will use, which really distracts from legitimate discussions.

Ember is a niche program with niche features. You could always just use the scrapers built into your media center if you don't need those niche features.
There's many features in Ember (and XBMC for that matter) that I don't use, but that doesn't make them useless for those who need them nor does it make the posts they were added in response to illegitimate just because they aren't useful to me or you. It's up to the Ember developers to decide if a feature request is legitimate or not.
hello all,

i'm having some trouble with ember, and since its new for me, I can't figure out if the behavior is normal (i.e. based on my configuration) or not. Going over recent posting indicates that the scrapper is not working well or something, but nothing definite about whats broken.

I've set ember to get images from only themoviedb.org. However for some titles it picks up posters but not fanart, for others it picks up fanart but not posters and for some only the meta data and no poster/fanart at all.

Can anyone please help me figure out whats going on?

Secondly, ember also seem to be pickingup extra thumbs (300x169 pixels), but i dont see these on themoviedb.org, so where is it getting them from?

Thanks!
RockDawg Wrote:It would appear that Ember has an option for what the poster wants under Settings\Movies\Scrapers - Data\Miscellaneous\Use Certification for MPAA\Only Save the Value to NFO. That would suggest to me that it should only save the rating value (G, PG, etc) and not the reason for the rating which is what I think the poster is looking for. For whatever reason though I can't seem to get it to work. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what it should do.

On a separate note, who are you to determine what is and isn't legitimate discussion in this thread? Are you a XBMC mod? Are you a a member of Team EMM? I didn't think so! So why don't you just back off and let the people in charge determine what is worthy of discussion or inclusion in EMM.

thanks pal, thats exactly what i want to do, but it doesnt work.
@topsyturvy - I'm having the same problems as you, so it seems is a poster above. I'm guessing maybe it's a problem with the sites providing the posters/fanart? I haven't changed anything about Ember and the last week or so I've been having these problems.
Nuno stated in the last page of this thread, there was some issue with how themoviedb.org is flagging their media. Ember can't seem to see it.

I can only assume the issues we are seeing is the same thing. It just seems to be getting worse.

On a positive note... Nuno, I think is working on it. He added code yesterday with the comment "More Error handling on image downloads".

Not sure when he will release it though, the last release was ~1 mo. ago and he has made tons of changes to code since then...
OK cool thanks for letting us know. Some media still scrapes ok, but I think it's most likely the ones that come from the other two scraping options (can't remember their names off the top of my head).

Hope there'll be an update soon.
pedram Wrote:I had the same problem with getting YouTube trailers if I told EMM to save them in the NFO when scraping. From what I've been told, the link to the video in the page expires soon after you get it, so it's not much use.

The YouTrailer script was supposed to get around that, but doesn't work for the Dharma (10.5) SVN releases, so I resorted to having EMM go through and download all the trailers it could to my library and now I just have the trailers saved along with the movie and they finally play properly.

How did you do that? I cant get Ember to do that Huh
After reading a bit more on the ember site, seems Nuno is trying to rebuild the app almost from the ground up. So the image scraper issue is sort of difficult to deal with I would imagine, since most of his current work is on the new version of ember which maybe isn't quite ready.

I have built the latest version from svn and it does not have the image scraping issue but has other issues... like not being able to change fanart without deleting it first from the movie folder...
Geeba Wrote:How did you do that? I cant get Ember to do that Huh

Go to Settings->Movies->Scrapers-Images&Trailers

Set your preferences in there, and then tell ember to scrape media and do all movies and to get trailers only.

It won't get every trailer, but it gets a good number of them.