Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any ETA to update XML Scraper to support scrapers in Dharma format?
Anyone?
To add a source that has been built by ember do these following steps. As I use ember to organize my movie and television library. Once you have scraped all of the information in ember and you are ready to go (and dependent upon which skin you are using, I will be referring to Confluence here.)

Step 1.) Go to your XBMC home screen.

Step 2.) Go to Videos > Files.

Step 3.) From there choose Add Source.

Step 4.) Navigate to the Drive/Folder that contains the media that you wish to
add.

Step 5.) Choose OK, then click on < Set Content >

Step 6.) Select Movies (or television show, dependent upon what it is that
you are trying to add.

Step 7.) Choose any movie or television scraper (as XBMC will not even have
to scrape online if the information in the NFO files is accurate.)

Step 8.) Now you will see a radio button that says Run automated scan.
Click that button and then click on OK to exit the dialog.

Once the dialog exits XBMC will automatically start adding the found sources to the library for you. Ember makes it simpler to carry your media around as far as portability is concerned (at least that is my opinion.) If an NFO is found in any given directory XBMC will load that file before sending information off to an online scraper. I have had nothing but good luck out of ember media manager.

I hope that this answers your question. If it does not, I am sorry. Perhaps you could re-state your question as I was not quite sure what you were asking.

Additional information regarding your task may be found by using the following website as well. In a lot of cases forum responses are not as speedy or lively as we may like them to be. For more information on your question: Click Here.
Thank you. Smile
firefoxtamer Wrote:To add a source that has been built by ember do these following steps. As I use ember to organize my movie and television library. Once you have scraped all of the information in ember and you are ready to go (and dependent upon which skin you are using, I will be referring to Confluence here.)

add.

you are trying to add.

Click that button and then click on OK to exit the dialog.

Once the dialog exits XBMC will automatically start adding the found sources to the library for you. Ember makes it simpler to carry your media around as far as portability is concerned (at least that is my opinion.) If an NFO is found in any given directory XBMC will load that file before sending information off to an online scraper. I have had nothing but good luck out of ember media manager.

I hope that this answers your question. If it does not, I am sorry. Perhaps you could re-state your question as I was not quite sure what you were asking.

Additional information regarding your task may be found by using the following website as well. In a lot of cases forum responses are not as speedy or lively as we may like them to be. For more information on your question: Click Here.
Thank you. Smile

Thanks for the awesome write up! But, XBMC really has a stubborn time creating or adding Ember formatted sources to the library and this method doesn't work EVEN THO common sense says that it totally should work!

I've searched Google up and down, that's how I found the Library reference in the Wiki, but it's no use at all Sad

Wish there was a simple manual way to "force" XBMC to add the contents of a source disk to the library.
NeoDuck Wrote:Thanks for the awesome write up! But, XBMC really has a stubborn time creating or adding Ember formatted sources to the library and this method doesn't work EVEN THO common sense says that it totally should work!

Do you use Ember? If so, how are you adding Ember formatted sources to your library?

I've searched Google up and down, that's how I found the Library reference in the Wiki, but it's no use at all Sad

Wish there was a simple manual way to "force" XBMC to add the contents of a source disk to the library.

Like I posted in your other thread, something has to be amiss with your setup or settings. I myself use ember on a movie library of about 400 movies and have no issue scanning them into the library on my xbmc boxes.
Daym!! I finally figured it out!!

I'm going to edit your original instructions and add what worked for me:
Quote:To add a source that has been built by ember do these following steps. As I use ember to organize my movie and television library. Once you have scraped all of the information in ember and you are ready to go (and dependent upon which skin you are using, I will be referring to Confluence here.)

add.

you are trying to add.

Step 9.) Make sure that the radio button for:

"Folder contains a single Video / TV Show"

is NOT SELECTED!!

Then click on OK to exit the dialog and it should start scanning for your Ember formatted content.

What really messed me up and wasted so many hours of my time was that the info in this link is partially incorrect:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=38964

In this section:

2. "Folder contains a single Video / TV Show" in scraper options means that the selected source only contains ONE Video / TV Show

For some whack reason, if this option is selected, it messes up XBMC so that it doesn't want to scan in any Ember formatted content. Even though you may have only 1 movie per folder (as Ember likes to format it AND as the setting itself dictates), it still messes up XBMC. However, since there is only 1 movie per folder, it doesn't hurt to not have it checked at all. I thought it HAD TO BE SELECTED since I had only 1 movie per folder.

Geeze, what a waste of time, but thanks for your contribution, it made me go back and try different settings, which helped me figure out exactly why it wasn't working!

I'm using version: xbmc-9.11.exe

It could the the version, or maybe some weird config thing w/my system (but I doubt that cuz keep my XP SP3 HTPC super clean, only have zoomPlayer, iTunes, KaraFun, FF, Chrome, Skype, RocketDock & uTorrent on it--ie, pretty close to stock). Anyway, in case anyone else runs into this problem...

Cheers! Big Grin
Yeah, I forgot to mention if you are doing TV shows then you should add one folder at a time to the source. You can also add a complete movie folder and have that option disabled (Selected Path Contains a Single Show.) Here is how my folder structure goes for television shows.

>TVSHOWS
>COMPLETED

>AMERICANDAD
[INDENT]>American Dad
>Season 1
>Season 2
>etc... etc...
[/INDENT]

If you have your folders laid out in this manner you can have as many shows as you wish in on folder. REMEMBER: Each folder must have a parent folder or it will be considered a bastard folder and not be scanned (at least this is what is happening to you and I.)

Otherwise if you do have bastard folders just add those folders to the source one at a time and check the selected folder contains a single tv show. I have included some slides that I hope you or others may find of use.

MY FILE STRUCTURE:

As you can see each of my television shows belong to the main parent [COMPLETED] and are also children of the [TVSHOWNAME] folder as well.

Configuring XBMC:
Here is my master television show folder. Within this folder are folders that represent the name of the television show. Below those folders are subfolders that contain the season information and so on.

Set Content:
Preparing to set my content.

If My Folders Have Parents:
Notice how now I can leave Folder contains a single show unchecked! Since my folders all have parents XBMC will properly scan these folders.

If My Folders Are "rouge:"
By selecting this option XBMC will handle each folder as if it were only one series. Therefore it knows to only see for one NFO file containing the show information.

Now, with all this being said the choice is really yours to make. I prefer it if XBMC only scans one folder therefore keeping me from having to constantly track multiple folders and files. However, if you prefer the other method and chose to have a file structure such as:

>My TV Shows
[INDENT]American Dad
Season 1
Season 2
etc.. etc...
[/INDENT]

Then that is fine too so long as you check the button that states Selected folder contains a single show. Either way you do it is good. In the end your results should be as seen below:

I really do hope that this may have helped you further along. If you become confused or would like some additional help feel free to MSN me or PM here on this forum. You had the same problem that I had when I first started using XBMC as well. Just remember that computers & programs are inherently dumb, and that it is the programmer who sets the wheels in motion and delivers us these great programs. If every program were perfect then there would be no need for rebuilds or betas. However, with community support and detailed instructions there is NO LIMIT as to what your PC or Mac can do for you!
A filter by genre option would be nice for Ember.
I use the Night skin that has a option for Extrafanart. If you have a folder called Extrafanart in the movie folder it will cycle the fanart in libery mode. Can you get Emm to make a folder called "extrafanart" and download the fanart to that folder?
ubuntuf4n Wrote:A filter by genre option would be nice for Ember.

it's in there already for ages.
eemiill32 Wrote:I use the Night skin that has a option for Extrafanart. If you have a folder called Extrafanart in the movie folder it will cycle the fanart in libery mode. Can you get Emm to make a folder called "extrafanart" and download the fanart to that folder?

I asked for this ages ago, I wouldn't expect anything soon seems EMM is on hiatus.
eemiill32 Wrote:I use the Night skin that has a option for Extrafanart. If you have a folder called Extrafanart in the movie folder it will cycle the fanart in libery mode. Can you get Emm to make a folder called "extrafanart" and download the fanart to that folder?
I created already an issue for this 6 weeks ago:
http://www.embermm.com/issues/731
It would be nice to have an "I like" button for issues in the tracker so other users could easily show they would want to have a feature, too Smile
ubuntuf4n Wrote:A filter by genre option would be nice for Ember.

olympia Wrote:it's in there already for ages.

I checked the pull-down-menu, but I couldnt find the filter by genre option ... Huh

I am using EMM build 2385.
ubuntuf4n Wrote:I checked the pull-down-menu, but I couldnt find the filter by genre option ... Huh

I am using EMM build 2385.

that's not the filter it's the search box, the filters are at the bottom of that column, there's a wee butto with arrows pointing up which reveals the sort and filter options
Found it!
Thanks craigd !