Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I get XBMC to display the poster that ember downloaded?
How do I get Ember media manger to put the posters in the top level of the BDMV folder so that XBMC can recognize the poster and display it?

Right now:

Ember puts poster.jpg in MovieTitleHere/BDMV/Stream/
Want to put poster.jpg in MovieTitleHere/BDMV
Sort of a strange TV issue. I have a standard directory structure

TV\
TV\Breaking Bad\
TV\Breaking Bad\Season 1\
TV\Breaking Bad\Season 1\Breaking Bad S01E01.avi
TV\Band of Brothers
TV\Band of Brothers\Band of Brothers S01E01.mkv

etc etc

So what I am seeing in Ember is episodes from some shows being put under Breaking Bad

Band of Brothers, despite having all 10 episodes in the directory labeled S01E01-S01E10, and having ember retrieve & build NFOs for each file, only shows episodes 1-7 under the show

Breaking Bad, however, lists the missing episodes under Breaking Bad Season 1, along with misc missing episodes from Boy meet world in other Breaking Bad seasons that don't exist (Season 7, for example).

Any idea what would be causing episodes from Band of Brothers and Boy meets world to show up under Breaking Bad?
Any news on an update so scraping plot/actors works again?
i realised now that is there no country for all of the movies! do i make something wrong, the scraper or it is a known bug?
where is the country tag for edit? there are not all the movies from USA. in my collection i have only few movies from usa, top 20. the other are from all over the world most from france, italia, yugoslavia, russia, argentina, brazil, chile, bolivia, south korea. the country tag is very important.

EDIT: i watched again, and there is no country for scrap. i can not believe it. does nobody of 4840 posts realised that?
I am using ember for my BDMV files, but it's putting the output files (poster, nfo) in the wrong directory.

I have it setup like this: Movies/Blu-Ray/MovieTitleHere/BDMV/Stream/poster.jpg

XBMC only recognized the posters, and nfo files up to here: Movies/Blu-Ray/MovieTitleHere/BDMV/

Is there a way for ember to put posters and files in the BDMV folder, not that stream folder?

daniel123

I've always used EMM as my favorit scraping tool for my movies and tv-shows. But XBMC seems to ignore the information when I add my content to Library use its own scraper?

Help please. Nod

Thx in advance!

NB. I know that the title should be 'Dharma', not 'Darhma' Big Grin
You need to set the "use folder name" in the settings for the Movie folder you use, when you add it or edit content in the folder and also set IMDB as XBMC standard scraper.

That solved it for me....

Hope it works!
How come EMM is not putting my poster files in the right BDMV folder.
Please take this to the EMM thread - there is no XBMC support for the app.
As a short answer to your question, no, I don't think so. Everything I've seen requires that nfo and the movie files be in the same directory.
myrison Wrote:As a short answer to your question, no, I don't think so. Everything I've seen requires that nfo and the movie files be in the same directory.

Is there anyway for XBMC to read the posters, nfo in the stream folder, not the BDMV folder?
Mysteriouskk Wrote:Is there anyway for XBMC to read the posters, nfo in the stream folder, not the BDMV folder?

There's a trac ticket out right now for reading the meta data files outside of the Video_TS folder for dvds. I'm not sure if that would have any impact on BDMV though.
Just wanted to crosspost the status update message from Yesterday (Jason Schnitzler), because I didn't see it here:

Quote:Nuno and I wanted to let everyone know that we have not given up on Ember. It has been a while since we've updated (especially for me), and we deeply apologize for that, but rest assured Ember is not dead. We've each had a lot going on in our lives and, unfortunately, Ember has had to take a back seat for a while (again).

We hope to get back to work on Ember within the next couple of weeks, so please bare with us.

On a side note: I recently moved to Northern Colorado and am looking for employment or freelance work. If anyone needs a nerd please email me! Wink