Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
clock2113 Wrote:The following doesn't work for me, even with fullcast enabled (everything else does):

1) Go to custom scraper, scrape nfo only
2) Choose only rating, votes, top250
3) Watch as all your movies lose this data instead of being updated.

Does this work for anyone else and I'm doing something wrong, or is this indeed broken?

That easily can be broken because EMM probably tries to scrape these info in this case from the main imdb page which has been changed.
Still works for me when I need it. I hate scraping full cast but oh well. Doesn't work 100% but gets the images and IMDB information. Been using EMM since day one and i'll stand by patiently in hopes it get's fixed up.
Still works for me and I've always scraped full cast so it has worked fine for me for quite some time. I hope the devs come back and follow up because I love EMM! I would hate to see it die. Not just because I use it and it benefits me, but because it has a history of such fine development and support and has been a one-of-a-kind XBMC software. Thanks for Ember!!
krypt2nite Wrote:Still works for me when I need it. I hate scraping full cast but oh well. Doesn't work 100% but gets the images and IMDB information. Been using EMM since day one and i'll stand by patiently in hopes it get's fixed up.

Why don't you limit the number of actors to be scraped. Then you can have the same results as before and you don't have to hate it...
Anybody knows something that works better as this one?

For example, this one only uses the name to find a best match, not the year.
(yes I know IMDB does not support this, but the program can at least highlight the one with the same year)

If the maker needs any help developping, I am familiar with VB.NET, I dont know if it is writen in VB or C.
I've downloaded the source for EMM and am working on updating the scrapers, moving most of it to use regular expressions instead of what is there now. Once I get that all done up I will post links for updated libraries. If I have time I will also externalize the RegEx patterns used so that they can easily be updated / changed by the user.

So far I've got:
Runtime
Genres
MPAA Rating
MPAA Rating Description
Taglines
.. working again, hopefully by end of day I'll have it all sorted out.

(currently only working on IMDb scraper), please let me know of other problems (eg. trailers?) that may exist so that I can attempt to fix as I have the time.
Am I missing something Ember is still working perfectly for me in both TV and Movie with "Scrape full Cast" selected and cast limited no different than before IMDb change its layout
Only thing that doesn't work after the workaround is the "Original" size posters are still grayed out and unavailable. So I have just been downloading the largest poster from one of the other sources as a temporary fix but I would much rather have the "Original"
Well I'm not sure if it's a geo-location thing or a dns resolver cache, but for me (and seems like others) if you goto akas.imdb.com you get the new page structure not the old style.
Sweet tcalp, thanks for updating Smile
Great, mess is on the way Sad

@Tcalp
Not sure how far you got analyzing the code, but probably if you are that deep in it, you should've already realized that if fullcast enabled Ember is scraping from akas.imdb.com/tt[0-9]*/combined which hasn't changed....
olympia Wrote:Great, mess is on the way Sad

@Tcalp
Not sure how far you got analyzing the code, but probably if you are that deep in it, you should've already realized that if fullcast enabled Ember is scraping from akas.imdb.com/tt[0-9]*/combined which hasn't changed....

Well for one, full cast or not it has changed *at least* for some of us. Besides even if your able to access the 'akas.imdb.com' properly in your part of the world you are able to tell ember which 'base' imdb url to use anyhow.
Not sure I understand what you are trying to say, but probably you didn't get my point either.

I was trying to articulate that Ember must work with fullcast enabled because the page which it scrapes in this case hasn't changed. Probably none of the countries.

Example:
http://akas.imdb.com/title/tt0438488/combined

See? It's the old layout. With fullcast enabled Ember is scraping from this page so the old regular expressions are working flawless.
Tcalp Wrote:I've downloaded the source for EMM and am working on updating the scrapers, moving most of it to use regular expressions instead of what is there now. Once I get that all done up I will post links for updated libraries. If I have time I will also externalize the RegEx patterns used so that they can easily be updated / changed by the user.

So far I've got:
Runtime
Genres
MPAA Rating
MPAA Rating Description
Taglines
.. working again, hopefully by end of day I'll have it all sorted out.

(currently only working on IMDb scraper), please let me know of other problems (eg. trailers?) that may exist so that I can attempt to fix as I have the time.
So how is the work coming? Thought I'd see if you need any help, just found out Ember wasn't working today and found your post on this site. My coding skills are a little rusty, but I will help with what I can.
About making new XBMC scraper working i read the latest pages of this thread and understood that i should uncheck "Full Cast" option or something like that to make them work. But my problem is that even if a copied the entire folder "metadata.mymovies.it" to modules/scraper.EmberCore.XML subfolder of Ember the "populate" button doesn't work. No other scraper is shown except nfo scraper.
Did i copy the right folder?I 'm on Windows xp and i took it from "C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Dati applicazioni\XBMC\addons" folder.

Thanks for your help.