Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hdmax Wrote:This seams like a pretty good scrapper overall. However, every time it comes to a movie that it can not find the proper info, the only choice I have is cancel, than it looks as if it is continuing from there but it does not pull any information. I than have to cancel scrape, and start over. I have nearly 3,500 movies, so this is a huge pain.
I am just into "C" and I have had to restart about 8 times.
It would be really useful if there were a "skip this movie" option.

Other great feature would be for this program to use the year in the file name. IE: Tower\Movies\36 Hours (1965) As many movies of the same name have been produced several times, and it is time consuming to look through the list.

In the movie listed above that is the correct name and year listed on IMDB web site, yet Ember can not find it at all.

Overall, this is by far the best scraper I have tried! Thanks.......

I have the same problem, lots of movies, getting stuck, not using the year.
Reinstalled Ember after deleting the previous install. Same problem with the "Original" poster size being grayed out. After installation here are the options I changed.

Movies General: Disabled Trailer and Sub missing items check
Files/Sources: Sort files into folders, enabled only <movie> versions of all images
Scraper Data: Scrape full cast, Limit to 10
Scrapers Images: Download all fanart large, download only large fanart, enable trailer support with first 4 options toggled

Everything else was left as a default option. Cannot download original size poster, any ideas?
I ran into that problem a long while ago. Found this post that helped me square it away.
http://www.embermm.com/boards/2/topics/684

"Thought I would post a little info for you so you could replicate the problem. I have done several tests, and the movie doesn't matter.

Basically, if you select IMPAwards.com under scrapers to get images from, the Original button gets greyed out and you can't select it. You can select the other two, and still get the original button.

But there is one other issue that is related that doesn't seem like it should be. If you select the "Download All Fanart Images of the Following Size as Extrathumbs" then that also makes it so the Original button is greyed out.

So in short, you wanna be able to select Original until it gets fixed, don't select IMPAwards.com as a source, or the Download All Fanart Selection.

Hope that Helps!!!!"
did anyone ever get this to work on linux via mono? I never could get it to work so I had to install a VM and run it on windows. Would be nice however to just have in run on my ubuntu machine.

Any luck?
@ Rygrath

OMG thank you. Disabled "download extra thumbs" got my original posters back. Now i can run the program normally to get my super sized posters and then just toggle that setting when I want the extrathumbs. Thank you so much for that.
bencorn Wrote:@ Rygrath

OMG thank you. Disabled "download extra thumbs" got my original posters back. Now i can run the program normally to get my super sized posters and then just toggle that setting when I want the extrathumbs. Thank you so much for that.

So when you reinstalled EMM you kept your settings file in place.
Lol, then what was the reinstallation for? Big Grin
olympia Wrote:So when you reinstalled EMM you kept your settings file in place.
Lol, then what was the reinstallation for? Big Grin

No I deleted the settings file but when I reinstalled it and did the "workaround fix" I toggled my image downloads while I was there. I just toggled the stuff I wanted Ember to do and then tried it. I thought it was a problem with the scraper, not a problem with the fact I wanted it to download extra images. I reinstalled it because I thought that it could have been one of the add-on's or scrapers that I had in the programs folder. It still makes no sense to me at all why extrathumbs downloading has any affect on poster size options but whatever. Small pain in the ass process now until they get it back up and running again but at least it still works.
Ok, I've done a quick search of this thread and the wiki on the ember site but I'm sure this is covered somewhere, I just can't find it.

I recently installed Ember and my XBMC (using reFocus skin) is looking much cleaner and nicer for tv shows and movies Big Grin

However, the other day I dropped a new episode of House into my house directory and fired up xbmc and the show never appeared in library mode. I had to go to file mode to watch it.

This wasn't happening prior to running ember, and I don't think it's due to bad file name or anything as it looks the same as the others. Also, I do have 'update library on startup' selected. And I see it doing all its updates when I fire up xbmc...

This may be some other weird thing going on, but I just want to cover off is there something I should be doing with ember for this to work? ie. If I use ember does it stop xbmc scrapers from engaging? Or do I need to have ember running to do the auto scraping for new content?

Or is this just some odd random occurrence that I'll find is unrelated?
EMM writes a tvshow.nfo that has a bad ID, making all future episodes not scrape. If you delete just the tvshow.nfo, then remove/readd the show in XBMC, it will work.
clock2113 Wrote:EMM writes a tvshow.nfo that has a bad ID, making all future episodes not scrape. If you delete just the tvshow.nfo, then remove/readd the show in XBMC, it will work.

Oh... and it does this on purpose? Is this to stop it overwriting data from ember? If so, if I remove that will it actually do so and break everything I have already imported with Ember?

Thanks for the info though, clears up my confusion! Big Grin
spoco2 Wrote:Oh... and it does this on purpose? Is this to stop it overwriting data from ember? If so, if I remove that will it actually do so and break everything I have already imported with Ember?

Thanks for the info though, clears up my confusion! Big Grin

it does this on purpose. if there is nfo files, xbmc assume you manage the nfo and only looks for movies in the nfo. you have to update the nfo. if you want xbmc to update/manage your movie, delete the nfo.
Walhalla Wrote:@nul7

i have some additions to my feature requests / issues @ embermm.com

If i search for "Das perfekte Verbrechen" in my movie DB i look at the letter D and this will not work as its saved as "perfekte Verbrechen, Das"

as example : IMDb is using "The Dark Knight" as title an not "Dark Knight, The" which OFDb is doing.

atm i have to fix this by hand and this sux.

Is there any solution today? I got the same problem and can't find out how to resolve. Sad
is xbmc controller supported in dharma? can i manually add a movie into ember? adding folder does not find some of the movies.
traxxus Wrote:Is there any solution today? I got the same problem and can't find out how to resolve. Sad

no, that's because ofdb is listing the movie titles like that.
publicENEMY Wrote:is xbmc controller supported in dharma? can i manually add a movie into ember? adding folder does not find some of the movies.

lol, it's xbmc controller which should support Dharma and not vica versa, but no, xbmc contoller is not supporting Dharma.