Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, im getting a nice little problem recently.

Movies that I had previously scrapped with EMM in this format;
<movie>.jpg
<movie>.nfo
<movie>-fanart.jpg
no longer show up as scrapped in EMM

only movies that I scrapped in this format;
movie.jpg
movie.nfo
fanart.jpg
show up as scrapped in EMM.. any idea why this is?
Ok - I am a bit pate to the party. I found reference to this in a lifehacker article and want to give it a try.

So we know the web site is down - does that mean they are out of the game as well now?

I downloaded the setup but when I run it I get an error

It starts by saying Downloading version list and then fails with
Error: There is an error in XML document (2,2).

There is no help anywhere available other then here from what I can tell.

Am I trying to flog a dead horse and if so what else can I try that will do a similar job.

Thanks

Mick
speedemonV12 Wrote:So, im getting a nice little problem recently.

Movies that I had previously scrapped with EMM in this format;
<movie>.jpg
<movie>.nfo
<movie>-fanart.jpg
no longer show up as scrapped in EMM

only movies that I scrapped in this format;
movie.jpg
movie.nfo
fanart.jpg
show up as scrapped in EMM.. any idea why this is?

Go to Edit -> settings -> movies -> files and sources

There are tick boxes to select which file conventions you want to support.
znelbok Wrote:Ok - I am a bit pate to the party. I found reference to this in a lifehacker article and want to give it a try.

So we know the web site is down - does that mean they are out of the game as well now?

I downloaded the setup but when I run it I get an error

It starts by saying Downloading version list and then fails with
Error: There is an error in XML document (2,2).

There is no help anywhere available other then here from what I can tell.

Am I trying to flog a dead horse and if so what else can I try that will do a similar job.

Thanks

Mick

This is why I requested an offline installer... Unforeseen things always happen Stare
Plus it`s a slow pain to install online, don`t mind when it updates after a rather nice size installer file.
Malexx Wrote:what is EMM Revisited and where to get?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=680...count=5204
gmk2 Wrote:Go to Edit -> settings -> movies -> files and sources

There are tick boxes to select which file conventions you want to support.

This is missing in the EMM Revisited version!!!
tuscani Wrote:Unfortunately it looks like [b]Ember is gone for good.

?
I`m just wondering if they got caught up since last time the devs were looking for jobs
to maybe return later...
Two questions:

I installed the revisited and I cant seem to get it to read the .NFO files I made with the original version with Ember. Any Ideas?

Also, any idea why the original is still working for some but not for others? Strange.
Just tried Ember Revisted... it still doesnt scrape fanart or posters... Huh
Geeba Wrote:Just tried Ember Revisted... it still doesnt scrape fanart or posters... Huh

I noticed this as well, but I may have another problem. I can't even get it to save NFO, Posters, or Fanart. I can manually get it to scrape all those things, but when I click OK nothing gets saved. I verified write permission to the target drive, and I'm running as an Admin on XP. I have no idea why it's not saving Sad
ingeon Wrote:?
I`m just wondering if they got caught up since last time the devs were looking for jobs
to maybe return later...

So what can we use in the meantime?

Mick
znelbok Wrote:So what can we use in the meantime?

Mick

Im using XBMC's native scrapers along with the XWMM web interface. And then i use XBMC's export library function to export the .nfo , poster and fanart. Works quit ok actually, just need to get more familiar with the XWMM interface and functions.
How can I download the additional plugins?

when I try to download them I get a Logon window
gizmotoy Wrote:I noticed this as well, but I may have another problem. I can't even get it to save NFO, Posters, or Fanart. I can manually get it to scrape all those things, but when I click OK nothing gets saved. I verified write permission to the target drive, and I'm running as an Admin on XP. I have no idea why it's not saving Sad

I am seeing the same thing as well - gets all the info but does not save the files. (EMM Revisited)

Mick
znelbok Wrote:I am seeing the same thing as well - gets all the info but does not save the files. (EMM Revisited)

Mick

Maybe we can talk someone with a working version into zipping up their entire Ember executable directory and putting it up to share somewhere? I could host, if necessary. Any takers?