Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This looks much nicer than whatever i've tested up to now, but it would gain a lot (like the other media companions) by being made cross-platform.
Roborob Wrote:OK i'll do it manually then till there is a way to do it with EMM. But there is a program that does it from iso's it's not dedicated but I have all metadata from my ISO's with MIP.

Since MIP uses mediainfo.dll as well, I don't see how that's possible. Mediainfo.dll does not support ISO files: http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Support/Formats

Just out of curiosity, is the metadata from all your ISOs the same (incorrect)?

bidossessi Wrote:This looks much nicer than whatever i've tested up to now, but it would gain a lot (like the other media companions) by being made cross-platform.

Agreed. It starts and almost works under Mono.... but I need to dedicate some time to working on getting it fully compatible.
This looks very nice! Can't wait to play with it. Smile
Just been trying this out and I must say it does look good. Big Grin

One question I do have is that I managed to scrape my movies and created the relevant nfo, poster and fanart files. Then when I closed down EMM and re-opened it I get my list of movies loaded in again but none of them have any info?

Do I have to re-scan every time I open the app or am I missing something?
normally you do not need to rescan, it should recognize that an nfo is there.
Are the .nfos saved correctly?
Quote:Since MIP uses mediainfo.dll as well, I don't see how that's possible. Mediainfo.dll does not support ISO files: http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Support/Formats

Just to be sure I did a test with MIP, I Had 2 directory's named afther the movie, then I put the iso's in each directory, then I scraped it and i got the media info, for the first movie it was :

TagData: / 576p / / AC-3 / 6ch /
Video Streams: 1
Audio Streams: 8
Subtitle Streams: 0

Video Stream 1
Size: 720x576 Display Aspect Ratio: 1.778
Codec: MPEG Video
Format Info: MPEG Video
Duration/String1:
BitRate: 8 000 Kbps
BitRate_Mode/String: Constant
BitRate_Maximum:
CodecID:
CodecID/Info:
Scan type: Progressive
Audio Stream 1
Codec: AC-3
Channels: 6
BitRate/String: 448 Kbps
Language:
Audio Stream 2
Channels: 2
BitRate/String: 192 Kbps
Language:
Audio Stream 3
Language:
Audio Stream 4
Language:
Audio Stream 5
Language:
Audio Stream 6
Language:
Audio Stream 7
Language:
Audio Stream 8
Language:

Last Scanned: 1-6-2009 22:01:27
Scanner Version: 1,3

And the second :

TagData: / 480i / / AC-3 / 2ch /
Audio Streams: 1

Video Stream 1
Size: 720x480 Display Aspect Ratio: 1.778
Duration/String1: 45mn 30s 227ms
BitRate: 11.1 Mbps
BitRate_Mode/String: Variable
BitRate_Maximum:
CodecID:
CodecID/Info:
Scan type: Interlaced
Audio Stream 1
Language:

Last Scanned: 1-6-2009 22:08:06

so it's not the same info.
And if I delete all files in the directory and then scan again I get the media info again.

Quote: Mediainfo.dll does not support ISO files:

I did see that in your link, I don't know how it is possible then
smcnally75 Wrote:This looks very nice! Can't wait to play with it. Smile

Thanks!

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Just been trying this out and I must say it does look good. Big Grin

One question I do have is that I managed to scrape my movies and created the relevant nfo, poster and fanart files. Then when I closed down EMM and re-opened it I get my list of movies loaded in again but none of them have any info?

Do I have to re-scan every time I open the app or am I missing something?

Errr... no... something's not right. Eek Was an error log created? Are the check boxes in the movie list checked to show that it is detecting the files? If not, have you used the wizard or gone into settings to select which file types you want EMM to support for loading/saving? I have a feeling that's probably what's happening.... it scraped the info, but you haven't selected what file types to save to so it just didn't save the files.
Roborob Wrote:Just to be sure I did a test with MIP, I Had 2 directory's named afther the movie, then I put the iso's in each directory, then I scraped it and i got the media info, for the first movie it was :

TagData: / 576p / / AC-3 / 6ch /
Audio Streams: 8

Video Stream 1
Size: 720x576 Display Aspect Ratio: 1.778
Duration/String1:
BitRate: 8 000 Kbps
BitRate_Mode/String: Constant
BitRate_Maximum:
CodecID:
CodecID/Info:
Scan type: Progressive
Audio Stream 1
Channels: 6
BitRate/String: 448 Kbps
Language:
Audio Stream 2
Language:
Audio Stream 3
Language:
Audio Stream 4
Language:
Audio Stream 5
Language:
Audio Stream 6
Language:
Audio Stream 7
Language:
Audio Stream 8
Language:

Last Scanned: 1-6-2009 22:01:27

And the second :

TagData: / 480i / / AC-3 / 2ch /
Audio Streams: 1

Video Stream 1
Size: 720x480 Display Aspect Ratio: 1.778
Duration/String1: 45mn 30s 227ms
BitRate: 11.1 Mbps
BitRate_Mode/String: Variable
BitRate_Maximum:
CodecID:
CodecID/Info:
Scan type: Interlaced
Audio Stream 1
Language:

Last Scanned: 1-6-2009 22:08:06

so it's not the same info.
And if I delete all files in the directory and then scan again I get the media info again.

I did see that in your link, I don't know how it is possible then

Interesting. What version do you use (x86 or x64)? I'll make a build with ISO files supported so you can test if it does indeed work.
nul7 Wrote:Thanks!

Errr... no... something's not right. Eek Was an error log created? Are the check boxes in the movie list checked to show that it is detecting the files? If not, have you used the wizard or gone into settings to select which file types you want EMM to support for loading/saving? I have a feeling that's probably what's happening.... it scraped the info, but you haven't selected what file types to save to so it just didn't save the files.
No error log and nope none of the checkboxes are checked.

I've setup EMM to save <movie>.tbn, <movie>.nfo and <movie>-fanart.jpg

All of those have been created but for some reason when EMM starts up it's not picking them up?
nul7 Wrote:Interesting. What version do you use (x86 or x64)? I'll make a build with ISO files supported so you can test if it does indeed work.

x86

Yeah that would be very nice Big Grin
nul7 Wrote:Interesting. What version do you use (x86 or x64)? I'll make a build with ISO files supported so you can test if it does indeed work.

I've just downloaded the GUI version of mediainfo to check if it is handle iso's, but haven't succeded. Mediainfo did not gives any info on iso images....

If MIP is really supporting this, than I think it includes either some mounting mecanism for the iso images, or some other 3rd party stuff to read the content of the images.
skunkm0nkee Wrote:No error log and nope none of the checkboxes are checked.

I've setup EMM to save <movie>.tbn, <movie>.nfo and <movie>-fanart.jpg

All of those have been created but for some reason when EMM starts up it's not picking them up?

none are checked, but you have selected those?
i dont understand...

EDIT: Now I understand, you mean the checkboxes in the list, not in the options.
my fault...
Some additional info that may help:

I keep my movies in a single folder (not a folder for each movie) and have setup the Movies path to be a Files path.

I thought it may be an issue with having the movies on a NAS but I created a local folder with 1 movie in it and had the same issue.

I found that if I scrape the movie and 3 check boxes are marked (all except trailer) then click on Television tab and then click on the Movies tab the check marks all disappear too (and the 'No Information is Available for this Movie' message also appears.

I guess the options I choose are causing the problem where it is not able to re-read the nfo file?
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Some additional info that may help:

I keep my movies in a single folder (not a folder for each movie) and have setup the Movies path to be a Files path.

I thought it may be an issue with having the movies on a NAS but I created a local folder with 1 movie in it and had the same issue.

I found that if I scrape the movie and 3 check boxes are marked (all except trailer) then click on Television tab and then click on the Movies tab the check marks all disappear too (and the 'No Information is Available for this Movie' message also appears.

I guess the options I choose are causing the problem where it is not able to re-read the nfo file?

try sraping a movie with folders path (not files path), perhaps that is causing a bug.
If I change to folders path then it works but when using Files path it does not?