Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NatroN Wrote:exactly what i've searched for.. love it!

but if i forget to "edit" my data with emm and start xbmc after adding a new movie in my movie folder.. the standard xbmc scraper scrapes the movies and will ignore nfos that will be created after the movie was added to the libary?

or am i wrong?

Maybe? lol XBMC will scrape the movie information from the web if you update the library and do not have any local data. So just starting XBMC won't do that unless you have "update library on startup" selected in XBMC. But yes, if you DO update the library before you have created the local files you'll need to remove the movie from the XBMC library, create the files locally, then update the library in XBMC again to force it to use the local information. Maybe you can just hit refresh on the movie info in XBMC after you created the local files?? Not sure, never tried that. lol

Roborob Wrote:I've tried the new version but no luck with the media info on ISO, maybe it is some mounting thing, some user said earlier that is doing the trick in MIP. Maybe the guy from MIP can help us.

I really doubt MIP is mounting the ISO and I doubt he'll help "the competition". lol I'll see what I can figure out, but as olympia stated earlier, it's not a problem with EMM as the official MediaInfo app doesn't read ISOs either..... maybe it's a certain type of ISO that works? Did you try the exact files? Maybe if the ISO has full menus and all it doesn't work, but if it's just the actual video it does?

gurkburk Wrote:Thanks nul7, been using this for my library, but I can't figure out of to use the flags, 720P, DTS and so on.. any hints where I can find it?

First off, make sure "Use Media Info Studio Tags" is selected under Settings->Scraper. Then for any movie that you scrape, it will automatically create the proper tags. If you already have all the information for a movie and don't want to rescrape it, just select it in the list, and raise the Info Panel all the way up. In the bottom right hand corner you'll see the media info section with a "refresh" button. Just click that and it will update only the media information for that particular movie without messing with any of the other data. Or, to do the same thing but for ALL movies, just use the updater - Update Media -> All Movies -> Media Info Only

skunkm0nkee Wrote:Works fine in Files mode now. Thanks Big Grin

It would be great if it was able to remember sizing and positioning Wink

Excellent! For the sizing/position, can you add that as an enhancement request to the google code issues page? I'll work on that after the feature freeze.
Quote:I really doubt MIP is mounting the ISO and I doubt he'll help "the competition". lol I'll see what I can figure out, but as olympia stated earlier, it's not a problem with EMM as the official MediaInfo app doesn't read ISOs either..... maybe it's a certain type of ISO that works? Did you try the exact files? Maybe if the ISO has full menus and all it doesn't work, but if it's just the actual video it does?

Yes I did use the same files, hope you find a solution or someone can help you with that in the future. Just for the time being i'll do it manually. Good luck Very nice program so far ..
nul7 Wrote:Excellent! For the sizing/position, can you add that as an enhancement request to the google code issues page? I'll work on that after the feature freeze.
Done
Roborob Wrote:Yes I did use the same files, hope you find a solution or someone can help you with that in the future. Just for the time being i'll do it manually. Good luck Very nice program so far ..

Ok, so I've been experimenting with this all day and it appears to be a problem with newer versions of mediainfo.dll. I started going backwards in version number with the dll and it seems the latest version that works is v0.7.11. You can download them here:

MediaInfo.dll v0.7.11 x64:
https://sourceforge.net/project/download...a=86982644

MediaInfo.dll v0.7.11 x86:
https://sourceforge.net/project/download...a=60502138

Just extract MediaInfo.dll from the archive into the Bin folder of your EMM installation. So the choice is yours whether to use the older version and miss out on new features (detection of more media types and fixes to some information being incorrect) but have support for ISO files, or use the newest version that's included in Extras 05 and not have ISO support.

I have made a bug report for the issue... hopefully Mr. Martinez will look into it for newer versions.
nul7 Wrote:r214 and Extras 05 are in the first post. I've re-enabled media info scanning for all file types aside from rar for a test run. Extras 05 contains the newest version of MediaInfo.dll.... maybe that was the issue with it not scanning some file types. Looks like we'll have at least one more version under feature freeze, just to make sure everything is in order before adding more goodies.

1. Open 214 and filter by entering details in the filter bar above your movie list.
  2. Now with the filtered list click on Television tab
  3. Now click on Movies tab again.

Should now see a bunch of extra columns!
clackerdacker Wrote:
  1. Open 214 and filter by entering details in the filter bar above your movie list.
  2. Now with the filtered list click on Television tab
  3. Now click on Movies tab again.

Should now see a bunch of extra columns!

Yep, you're right... has to do with the handling of the datatable. I'll just remove the television and music tabs for now.
Sooo.... no more bugs??
Nul7

I have several movies, IMAX ones and others that are not scraping properly - or at all - with the source you use. Can you add Amazon.com?
Livin Wrote:Nul7

I have several movies, IMAX ones and others that are not scraping properly - or at all - with the source you use. Can you add Amazon.com?

The source is IMDB.... what movie is not giving you results? And what is the exact name as it appears in the media list?

EDIT: Just to clarify my line of thinking, I'm guessing you just need to add some custom filters to get the results you're looking for.
nul7 Wrote:Ok, so I've been experimenting with this all day and it appears to be a problem with newer versions of mediainfo.dll. I started going backwards in version number with the dll and it seems the latest version that works is v0.7.11. You can download them here:

MediaInfo.dll v0.7.11 x64:
https://sourceforge.net/project/download...a=86982644

MediaInfo.dll v0.7.11 x86:
https://sourceforge.net/project/download...a=60502138

Just extract MediaInfo.dll from the archive into the Bin folder of your EMM installation. So the choice is yours whether to use the older version and miss out on new features (detection of more media types and fixes to some information being incorrect) but have support for ISO files, or use the newest version that's included in Extras 05 and not have ISO support.

I have made a bug report for the issue... hopefully Mr. Martinez will look into it for newer versions.

Big Grin Yess working now, thank you for your time looking for a solution. I'm happy now. My nr 1 scanner now !!
Roborob Wrote:Big Grin Yess working now, thank you for your time looking for a solution. I'm happy now. My nr 1 scanner now !!

I got a response from Mr. Martinez related to ISO files not being scanned any more:

Quote:.iso files were never supported.
Sometimes, there was a "false-positive" when for example a DVD is detected
in the .iso, but this was not wanted (MediaInfo synchronizes with the first
file, and displays info about this first file only)

.iso file is planned, but I don't know when.

So, while information is produced by using the older version of the dll it is more than likely incorrect. At least it's on his to do list, though.

Since it seems there are no more bugs (or no one is reporting any more anyway lol) I'll release an "S" version as soon as I recover from my hangover (yesterday was my birthday) signifying a stable build. Then, I'll begin knocking out the feature request list.
Hi, it's the first time I'm using a .nfo generator or alike as I didn't see the benefit from those before. Now I just installed you app (which looks nice so far) on my WinXP Pro machine, but unfortunately I doesn't scrape anything. I downloaded the exe-zip bundle as well as the extras and mediainfo.dll and extracted all in one folder. I also activated the webserver in XBMC and configured EMM accordingly. Is there anything else I have to do to get it working? Haven't found a docu for this. Thanks.
da-anda Wrote:Hi, it's the first time I'm using a .nfo generator or alike as I didn't see the benefit from those before. Now I just installed you app (which looks nice so far) on my WinXP Pro machine, but unfortunately I doesn't scrape anything. I downloaded the exe-zip bundle as well as the extras and mediainfo.dll and extracted all in one folder. I also activated the webserver in XBMC and configured EMM accordingly. Is there anything else I have to do to get it working? Haven't found a docu for this. Thanks.

You have .net installed? Specifically 3.5.
Shure I've .NET installed - and I haven't had a look in detail, but I think I've got also 3.5 installed. Shouldn't there popup a message if it's not .NET 3.5? Other .NET apps did that ages ago. I'll check that again - thanks.
da-anda Wrote:Hi, it's the first time I'm using a .nfo generator or alike as I didn't see the benefit from those before. Now I just installed you app (which looks nice so far) on my WinXP Pro machine, but unfortunately I doesn't scrape anything. I downloaded the exe-zip bundle as well as the extras and mediainfo.dll and extracted all in one folder. I also activated the webserver in XBMC and configured EMM accordingly. Is there anything else I have to do to get it working? Haven't found a docu for this. Thanks.

For basic operation, all you need to do is follow the instructions in the first run wizard. Since you've already been through that, just follow these steps:

1. Add Sources
Edit -> Settings -> Movies
Ember needs to know where all your movie files are. If you have all your movies in one folder, you need to add that folder as a "Files Path". If each movie is in a separate folder, you'll need to add the parent folder that contains the movie folders as a "Folder Path". For example, if your directory structure looks like this:

C:
- \Movies
- - \Some Movie 1
- - - \Some.Movie.1.avi
- - \Some Movie 2
- - - \Some.Movie.2.avi

You would need to add "C:\Movies" as a Folders Path.

2. Select File Types
Edit -> Settings -> Movies
In the File Naming section, you need to select at least one of each type. For folder type sources, it's my suggestion to just use "movie.tbn", "fanart.jpg", and "movie.nfo".

That's it. That will enable the basic operation of Ember to be able to scrape/view movie data for each movie. Depending on how your files are named, you will need to add some custom filters to clean up the titles so you can get usable results from the scrapers. If you need help with custom filters, just post a few of the movies exactly as they appear in Ember and I'll give you some examples to use. To enable downloading posters/fanart you will need to enable a source for them: Under Edit -> Settings -> Scraper select one or all of the "Get Images From [...]" options. Everything else is optional, so just look through the rest of the settings and enable what you want. If you have questions about specific options, just ask.