Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
diemos Wrote:Any plans for foreign movie support like KinoPoisk?

Thank you.

I am hoping to one day support all of XBMC's scrapers, but that may be a while.

mark007 Wrote:For rescanning Library
Thanks and while on the point, do you know how to stop xbmc from looking to the scraper to gather extra info. The only way I can quickly rescan my movies is to disconnect network connection. Otherwise it takes a long time for xbmc to go through them all and this is unnecessary because emm has everything tagged perfectly.

I don't think you can do anything about that. It shouldn't be downloading any information, though. Maybe I'm missing something that XBMC is looking for so it tries to download it??

mark007 Wrote:For incorrect flags.
For my blu-ray rips in .m2ts files they are detected as Divx Video, 480p, mp3, dolby 2.0, but they are all blu-ray, 1080p, and either trueHD or DTS-HDMA , LPCM or a combination of these.
For DVD's, all are detected as DivX Video, 480p or 576i, mp3, dolby 2.0, but they are all dvd, 576p, (probably because 99% of my DVD's and many others are badly marked as interlaced, you shouldn't rely on the interlaced flag here), dolby 5.1, dts 5.1, dolby 2.0 etc etc
Gathering accurate information might be tricky. Could you use open source splitters or something to make your job easier?

For the situations above where it couldn't gather the right information, I feel it shouldn't default to these values above, it should default to not giving any information at all which will help us figure out which movies emm couldn't get data for and can do it manually ourselves.

There are no default values. If it can't scan it leaves it blank. I use MediaInfo.dll to scan the information, so if there is incorrect data, it's more than likely a problem with that library and not with EMM. The only one that I could see being the "fault" of EMM is the resolution descriptor because, as I mentioned earlier, it's calculated from the height and width as scanned by MediaInfo.dll.

Also, as mentioned in the first post and throughout the thread, disc images are not supported yet within MediaInfo.dll. If it can even find a video in the file at all, then it would be the first one, which, more than likely is a menu if you have a full rip. That's why you're getting resolutions/audio/etc that do not match the actual movie.

mark007 Wrote:For getting thumbs
Could you also use free decoders, like libavcodec mpeg2 for example for DVD thumbnail generation to also make life easier. At the moment it can't generate thumbs for my m2ts files for example.

At this point, that's beyond the scope of this project. I actually attempted that already, but it didn't work quite right and didn't want to dedicate the time to it yet.

mark007 Wrote:Requests
Just wondering (ok its a request, but I can make this request at a later point if your mostly concentrating on gettings things fixed), but when downloading fanart for a movie, I would love to have the option of

1) Selecting the fanart from the list available, and
2) Optionally choosing from the fanart list to also generate thumb1, thumb2 etc. I would love to use the new multiplex view in aeon, and have the 3 most beautiful fanart's as my fanart, thumb1 and thumb2. Not sure if others would like this.
and I suppose lastly
3) To also have an option to automatically create thumb1 and thumb2 from fanart, ie select a fanart automatically like the current version, but instead of generating thumbs, to choose fanart 2 and fanart 3 as thumb1 and thumb2.

You can already save fanart as thumbs. In the fanart selection dialog there are checkboxes for each image. You can check as many as you want and it will save them to thumbs.

mark007 Wrote:Forgive me for all of these requests, just getting them out of my mind before I forget Tongue

Filetypes Not Found
Also I have some files of various types like .rm files that arn't picked up. The .rm files I had got correctly moved to folders, but after that emm never lists them in the movies list. Not sure how you could reliably get a list of video types, but I think there is somewhere in the registry that lists all video file types (actually leaves out m2ts apparantly on vista).

Thanks for looking into the other problem.

Does XBMC play .rm files? I can easily add more file types, I just want to try to keep supported video files limited to what XBMC can play. I guess it can play 99% of everything out there.... but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up by supported that 1%. lol
nul7 Wrote:I am hoping to one day support all of XBMC's scrapers, but that may be a while.

I don't think you can do anything about that. It shouldn't be downloading any information, though. Maybe I'm missing something that XBMC is looking for so it tries to download it??

There are no default values. If it can't scan it leaves it blank. I use MediaInfo.dll to scan the information, so if there is incorrect data, it's more than likely a problem with that library and not with EMM. The only one that I could see being the "fault" of EMM is the resolution descriptor because, as I mentioned earlier, it's calculated from the height and width as scanned by MediaInfo.dll.

Also, as mentioned in the first post and throughout the thread, disc images are not supported yet within MediaInfo.dll. If it can even find a video in the file at all, then it would be the first one, which, more than likely is a menu if you have a full rip. That's why you're getting resolutions/audio/etc that do not match the actual movie.

At this point, that's beyond the scope of this project. I actually attempted that already, but it didn't work quite right and didn't want to dedicate the time to it yet.

You can already save fanart as thumbs. In the fanart selection dialog there are checkboxes for each image. You can check as many as you want and it will save them to thumbs.

Does XBMC play .rm files? I can easily add more file types, I just want to try to keep supported video files limited to what XBMC can play. I guess it can play 99% of everything out there.... but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up by supported that 1%. lol

Well I don't have any disk images, my dvd's are all in VIDEO_TS directory. Basically the majority of my content is these DVD rips and bluray rips to m2ts files and at present, neither of these get audio and video size and type calculated correctly.

Thanks for all of that, I use media player classic as an external player of xbmc, it can play.... well everything lol and yes it plays .rm, .mov, .mkv, everything. As I say there might be an easy way for you to check movie file extensions, I think the "Media Browser" extension for Media Center uses this technique so it doesn't have to hard code all of them in, it just looks them up somewhere. Works very well and might save you even more time. Thanks for this app, really appreciate it.
mark007 Wrote:Well I don't have any disk images, my dvd's are all in VIDEO_TS directory. Basically the majority of my content is these DVD rips and bluray rips to m2ts files and at present, neither of these get audio and video size and type calculated correctly.

Ah, then it would be picking up the first valid video file. So, again, same thing, since the first video file is probably the menus, it's scanning that.

mark007 Wrote:Thanks for all of that, I use media player classic as an external player of xbmc, it can play.... well everything lol and yes it plays .rm, .mov, .mkv, everything. As I say there might be an easy way for you to check movie file extensions, I think the "Media Browser" extension for Media Center uses this technique so it doesn't have to hard code all of them in, it just looks them up somewhere. Works very well and might save you even more time. Thanks for this app, really appreciate it.

Thanks... I'll look into that.
Have you tried this for frame extraction?
http://moviethumbnail.sourceforge.net/index.en.html
nul7 Wrote:Ah, then it would be picking up the first valid video file. So, again, same thing, since the first video file is probably the menus, it's scanning that.

Thanks... I'll look into that.

I suppose without taking apart the whole dvd structure, an improvement for dvd's maybe you could either open the biggest file within VIDEO_TS and check that instead of the first file found.

Not sure about my blu-ray m2ts files, just looking forward to seeing them all showing 1080p and TrueHD etc without having to be manually edited Wink
Here's another pre-release:

x86: http://www.cube3studios.com/EMM/EMM_pre221_x86.zip

x64: http://www.cube3studios.com/EMM/EMM_pre221_x64.zip

Please don't use these on your main library as there have been a ton of changes. It should work for the most part..... but just in case. I just need help testing to make sure everything is in order before making an actual release. There were so many changes I'm at a loss what to even test any more. lol Maybe with a few other people poking/prodding we can make sure everything works still.

EDIT: Whoops... there's a problem with getting images using the updaters. I'll post another pre-release later tonight after I play with it some more.
clackerdacker Wrote:Have you tried this for frame extraction?
http://moviethumbnail.sourceforge.net/index.en.html

It's the same thing, no? ....uses ffmpeg.

mark007 Wrote:I suppose without taking apart the whole dvd structure, an improvement for dvd's maybe you could either open the biggest file within VIDEO_TS and check that instead of the first file found.

Not sure about my blu-ray m2ts files, just looking forward to seeing them all showing 1080p and TrueHD etc without having to be manually edited Wink

Hmmm.... I'll have to think about that one.
Bah, don't even bother with the pre-releases posted earlier. I'll just make an "official" release later tonight. After playing with/tweaking it all day, I think it's close enough for general use.
REQUEST: Something which may be included, but I just haven't seen it! Is there a way to "Go to folder", when browsing through movies in Ember?

What I mean is, if I'm editing a movie, and want to see where it is on my hard drive, I could right click the movie and "Go to folder"?

Tested that pre-release, the one before last, and it appears to be working fine for me. Used it on just over 900 movies and went through a lot of them as I'm in the process of getting all the thumbs sorted. Couldnt see any issues.

Good work on the thumbs part as well. It's really useful to be able re order them. Would it be possible to have a multi-selection option, so you could select a few and delete them, if they aren't suitable?
bramblepants Wrote:REQUEST: Something which may be included, but I just haven't seen it! Is there a way to "Go to folder", when browsing through movies in Ember?

What I mean is, if I'm editing a movie, and want to see where it is on my hard drive, I could right click the movie and "Go to folder"?

Tested that pre-release, the one before last, and it appears to be working fine for me. Used it on just over 900 movies and went through a lot of them as I'm in the process of getting all the thumbs sorted. Couldnt see any issues.

Good work on the thumbs part as well. It's really useful to be able re order them. Would it be possible to have a multi-selection option, so you could select a few and delete them, if they aren't suitable?

Actually, the pre-releases were pretty screwed up. lol I'm about to release the next version within the half hour.

Please add your requests to the google code page or I'll forget them. (I don't get much sleep so my memory is not so great. lol)
r227 and Extras 06 are in the first post. You MUST upgrade to Extras 06 with this release. Although it may not appear so from the changelog, this is a massive update so there may be a few glitches. I've been playing with it all day trying to test everything I could think of and it seems to be running pretty well for me, but I may have forgotten to test a feature or two. When you first run this version you will need to hit "Rescan Media" to populate the database with your movies. This will also be necessary any time you make any changes to the files outside of Ember (deleting files, adding new movies, etc).

EDIT: And for anyone who tried one of the pre-releases, you'll need to delete the database (Media.emm) as there have been some changes to the structure.
nul7 Wrote:Actually, the pre-releases were pretty screwed up. lol I'm about to release the next version within the half hour.

Please add your requests to the google code page or I'll forget them. (I don't get much sleep so my memory is not so great. lol)

Ah ok, no problem. Request now added on google code.

Will now hurry to download the latest version before my movies implode! Shocked
Thanks for all your fast and great updates nul7 Smile

Two questions:

1. None of my scraped movies has trailers (the trailers field is empty for all of them). How do I get EMM to scrape trailers?

2. One of my movies got scraped wrong (including fanart). I chose to "Change Movie" and selected the correct one. The correct one didn't have fanart, but I couldn't see an option to delete the "wrong" fanart, from the other movie?
When rescanning media, is it intended for all movies to be marked? Thanks for all your work.Nod

Never mind, I figured it out.Laugh
Thx you so much for this new release, i scanned right now for Duplicate Movies and it works perfect.