Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nul7 Wrote:Yeah.... never know what users are doing or what they want, so it's best just to leave it up to the end user what to filter. So if we do add defaults, it would just automatically add them to the filter list, and not be hardcoded in the program.

You know what, I think most of this was just caused by my user error. I didn't realize how easy it was to apply a filter. I just assumed regex was required when it's clearly not.
To comment on the original replies to this thread (about combining this with the other media-managers) I must say that I personally like the different takes, and I far prefer Ember versus the others, from what I've seen so far.

And I personally see nothing wrong with a couple different versions, sort of the "different strokes for different folks" line of thinking.

With that said, I've tested this on a directory of movies ripped to .ISO -- I realize that MediaBrowser.dll does not support investigating .ISO for metadata and that's fine by me. However, my question is ..

Why is it, that I cannot get .ISO files to scan in bulk? In other words, I can go one-by-one, right-click, and choose "Re-Scrape IMDB" and it works fine. However, if I choose "Update Movies > All Media > (Ask or Automatic)" it does not work. This is, of course, after the process of scanning all of the media and viewing it in the left-window.

Finally, once I've got this working, there is just one request I'd like to make (which may already exist but I have not figured it out): the option of re-naming the file (and associated .nfo/.tbn/etc) based on the proper name found by Ember. Along with a log (when done automatically) so that I can revert where it's wrong.

Thanks so much for this -- it's truly awesome. You ought to include a Paypal link for donations!
Just a couple of observations. I am running r422.

MPAA ratings - I us UK ratings and find that for all films rated U, EMM is giving it a Uc rating.

extrathumbs - If i use the fanart option and tick images to go to extrathumbs, after refreshing the extrathumbs the images aren't showing up. I need to OK, then re-edit movie to see them. After my previous message it was working fine in the previous version but not now :/

Cheers

Brent
rusten Wrote:Why is it, that I cannot get .ISO files to scan in bulk? In other words, I can go one-by-one, right-click, and choose "Re-Scrape IMDB" and it works fine. However, if I choose "Update Movies > All Media > (Ask or Automatic)" it does not work. This is, of course, after the process of scanning all of the media and viewing it in the left-window.

This must be the same issue I'm having! Damn image files! Smile
rusten Wrote:Why is it, that I cannot get .ISO files to scan in bulk? In other words, I can go one-by-one, right-click, and choose "Re-Scrape IMDB" and it works fine. However, if I choose "Update Movies > All Media > (Ask or Automatic)" it does not work. This is, of course, after the process of scanning all of the media and viewing it in the left-window.

smcnally75 Wrote:This must be the same issue I'm having! Damn image files! Smile

Hmmm, I cannot reproduce this. It's working for me.
Actually there is no difference in scraping once the folder recognize as a valid media folder. In other words, it doesn't matter if it is an iso image or an .mkv file for example(while it does matter for getting the media info, it does not for scaping nfo or posters/fanarts).

Is the mass(bulk) update working for you guys, if the media file is not iso, but something else?

Are you using folder or file mode sources?
Quote:Hmmm, I cannot reproduce this. It's working for me.
Actually there is no difference in scraping once the folder recognize as a valid media folder. In other words, it doesn't matter if it is an iso image or an .mkv file for example(while it does matter for getting the media info, it does not for scaping nfo or posters/fanarts).

I've tried the "Use Folder Names" checked AND unchecked.

I've tried the default settings (for everything else) and tested all alternatives on anything that appears relevant.

Because this software is not yet "production", it would be extremely valuable to have it output a log file as it works, which we could then forward to help resolve issues.

The only way I've found of doing bulk updates for DVD's, is with the option "Movies Missing Items > NFO Only" The ALL movies option does not work, nor does "Movies Missing Items" for items missing (like posters). Nor does All-Marked.

Therefore, the fix / correct functionality must be coded under Missing > NFO Only; the others assumingly use a flawed logic?
rusten Wrote:I've tried the "Use Folder Names" checked AND unchecked.

I've tried the default settings (for everything else) and tested all alternatives on anything that appears relevant.

Because this software is not yet "production", it would be extremely valuable to have it output a log file as it works, which we could then forward to help resolve issues.

The only way I've found of doing bulk updates for DVD's, is with the option "Movies Missing Items > NFO Only" The ALL movies option does not work, nor does "Movies Missing Items" for items missing (like posters). Nor does All-Marked.

Therefore, the fix / correct functionality must be coded under Missing > NFO Only; the others assumingly use a flawed logic?

It's hard to analyze, because it's working for me/us. So we need to track down, what combos of settings cause this behaviour for you.

But first of all, please give us a feedback on:

- is other(than DVD iso images) type of media is working for you or not?
- are you using file or folder path?

And please also ensure:
- you don't have global locks checked
- file naming settings are properly set
Quote:It's hard to analyze, because it's working for me/us. So we need to track down, what combos of settings cause this behaviour for you.

To be absolutely clear, there were NO settings under which it worked, so it should be outside of an issue related to settings. However, if you'd like to make it easy, test with the default settings, which was my first attempt. The only options not automatically set by default, which I chose: "Files Path" (not Folders Path), <movie>.tbn, <movie>.nfo (no fanat selected).

The path is a direct SMB UNC path to the network share ( example: \\MovieServer\Video1 )

Also, and perhaps most relevant Keep in mind that right-clicking the file works just fine, and the "Missing NFO's" works fine as well. By isolating the differences between the NFO and other items (such as ALL) you should be able to infer something close.

Quote:- is other(than DVD iso images) type of media is working for you or not?

I don't believe it is. I don't have any non-ISO's, so I created some by renaming TV files with movie names. Those did not appear to work, but I did not test them with the same vigor.

Quote:are you using file or folder path?
File (primarily) tested both.

Quote:And please also ensure:
- you don't have global locks checked
- file naming settings are properly set
Confirmed. Although, I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "file naming settings are properly set". If you're referring to the file-extensions setup (and in that case, yes). Again, to reiterate, this works great in "scanning" to add the files to the sidebar. It also works great to right-click. And it works in "Missing NFO" -- at least one of these should exclude both of those from being issues.

FYI - Running v422.
olympia Wrote:- is other(than DVD iso images) type of media is working for you or not?
I think it was working for avi files but I will check tonight when I get home

olympia Wrote:- are you using file or folder path?
Folder (each of my movies is in its own folder and all movie folders are in a main directory)

olympia Wrote:- you don't have global locks checked
Global Locks are not checked

olympia Wrote:- file naming settings are properly set
Yes, set to "movie.nfo"

That said, when I set it to update all NFOs and it finishes, all of my NFO files have not been touched. (the "Last Modified" date of the file does not change)
rusten Wrote:The path is a direct SMB UNC path to the network share ( example: \\MovieServer\Video1 )
Hi,
Please check if no error.log in log directory
and if you can try to map a drive letter and not use the UNC.
That's weird. I really really did my best for hours up until now to reproduce this, but I cannot. Everything is OK for me.

The most odd thing is, that it was OK for you, using the missing-nfo scraper. Nul7 can look at the code once he is reading this, but again, I was not able to reproduce this bad behaviour in my very variable test environment.

One more question, have you ever tried to use "ask" instead of "all" updaters? Maybe EMM cannot match the movies, therefore not able to update them.
(Of course we still have the question here, why it was working with missing-nfo)

Is there anyone else experinecing issues?
olympia Wrote:That's weird. I really really did my best for hours up until now to reproduce this, but I cannot. Everything is OK for me.

The most odd thing is, that it was OK for you, using the missing-nfo scraper. Nul7 can look at the code once he is reading this, but again, I was not able to reproduce this bad behaviour in my very variable test environment.

One more question, have you ever tried to use "ask" instead of "all" updaters? Maybe EMM cannot match the movies, therefore not able to update them.
(Of course we still have the question here, why it was working with missing-nfo)

Is there anyone else experinecing issues?

When you say you can't reproduce it, how are you testing it? Do the movies you scan already have NFO files and Ember is overwriting them? Or are you scanning new movies that have no NFO files yet?
[question]
let's consider this case scenario.
starting with a clean slate (each movie in its folder and nothing else).
I run automated update => all movies => ask.
I succesfully fetch nfos (and in the process imdb ids) for all my movies.
Now i run automated update => movies missing items => all.
my question is: wil EMM use the imdb id in the nfo tag to locate artwork for my movies or will it rerun a scrape from scratch?
bidossessi Wrote:[question]
let's consider this case scenario.
starting with a clean slate (each movie in its folder and nothing else).
I run automated update => all movies => ask.
I succesfully fetch nfos (and in the process imdb ids) for all my movies.
Now i run automated update => movies missing items => all.
my question is: wil EMM use the imdb id in the nfo tag to locate artwork for my movies or will it rerun a scrape from scratch?

It will take the IMDB info if it is available in the nfo.
Hey nice work, I like to see trailer support, and have just 1 question about that.
You can check multiple sources to get the trailers, but if EMM has more then one trailer wich trailer does is download then ? The one with the best quaility or the first one to find ?