Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My folder structure is:

300/
300/VIDEO_TS.ifo
300/VTS_01_1.vob
300/VTS_01_2.vob
300/VTS_o1_3.vob
etc.

I have <movie>.ext enabled in 'Files and Sources'.
well i have been trying for the past few days to get trailiers and im having no luck.

i have my library already setup how i want in XBMC i just want to use this tool to mass download all the trailers for me but i can't figure it out, any help would be greatly appreciated.

there just basic .avi and .mp4 files setup in a movie folder with each movie having its own folder.

i've tried setting it to only get trailers in the settings option but cna't get it to download any Sad
Try this.... in Settings->Scraper-Data:

Enable Trailer Downloading = Enabled
Get Trailers During "All Items" Updaters = Enabled
Only Get URLS During Updaters = Disabled
Get Trailers During Single Scrape = Enabled
Overwrite Trailer = Enabled
Supported Trailer Sites = Enable All
Timeout = 10

Hit ok to save. Now, first off test on a single movie. Right click on a popular movie (something like The Dark Knight.... so you know trailers are available) and hit "Edit Movie". Next to the "Trailer URL" field, you'll see 2 buttons. One to play the trailer, one to download a new one. Click the download button. A new dialog should open up, and after a while you should see a list of trailers. Select one and click the download button. It should begin downloading the trailer.

If that works, you know that trailer downloading is enabled and at least somewhat operating correctly. Now for the second test, right click and hit "Mark" on a few movies. Then go to Update Media -> Marked Movies -> Auto -> Trailers Only. It should begin downloading trailers for each movie.

If that works, everything is ok and you can use any of the updaters to download.

If that doesn't work, try setting time out to 20 seconds and retest. If that STILL doesn't work, we'll investigate further.
thanks mate will test that now Smile
well, looks like there's been a little twist on media info... CapnBry is changing the code to use fourcc... so looks like I'll have to go back to mediainfo.dll and do any necessary conversions. *sigh*
nul7 Wrote:well, looks like there's been a little twist on media info... CapnBry is changing the code to use fourcc... so looks like I'll have to go back to mediainfo.dll and do any necessary conversions. *sigh*

Damn Man, you prob want to just roll over and throw stuff.....any hoot, Im glad that all the developers are getting on the same wave length regarding media flags...Just too bad they didnt follow you earlier....
well i think there is a problem, im using the darknight as an example like you said and it finds a youtube trailer.

i click on download and its just been sitting there at downloading selected trailer, without the bar moving at all since i posted i was gonna try, so like 15-20mins or so just sitting there.

im on fast broadband as well so i dont know whats going on.

also when i scrape for fanart and it gives me a list of pics to choose from, i can select them fine but it wont let me click ok for some reason.

also how do i check if it worked in xbmc? do i have to delete the source then add the source again?

also where does it save downloaded trailers? i looked in the movie folder but i can't see them there.
ok well i got the dark knight to work and its put all the files in the movie folder so it should be good to go, but it still doesn't show up in xbmc trailers.
uncertainty Wrote:Damn Man, you prob want to just roll over and throw stuff.....any hoot, Im glad that all the developers are getting on the same wave length regarding media flags...Just too bad they didnt follow you earlier....

Yeah, kinda sucks, but I'm almost done... I'll post another test build in a little bit.

frieten Wrote:well i think there is a problem, im using the darknight as an example like you said and it finds a youtube trailer.

i click on download and its just been sitting there at downloading selected trailer, without the bar moving at all since i posted i was gonna try, so like 15-20mins or so just sitting there.

im on fast broadband as well so i dont know whats going on.

also when i scrape for fanart and it gives me a list of pics to choose from, i can select them fine but it wont let me click ok for some reason.

also how do i check if it worked in xbmc? do i have to delete the source then add the source again?

also where does it save downloaded trailers? i looked in the movie folder but i can't see them there.

When scraping for fanart, the one you click on is the one that will be saved as fanart, the ones that you check are saved to extrathumbs. You have to click on one to enable the ok button.

frieten Wrote:ok well i got the dark knight to work and its put all the files in the movie folder so it should be good to go, but it still doesn't show up in xbmc trailers.

What was it that was causing it not to download?

To make it show up in XBMC you'll need to refresh the movie. If you download trailers for all movies, it's probably easiest just to remove the source completely and re-add it so it will rescan all movies.
I haven't been following the bugs for a while, but it just scraped a movie that was 1280x544 and called it 576p. Is this intentional?
not sure what was causing it but i closed the program went back in and tried again and it downloaded the trailer this time.

seems like the dark night is all its working for lol got a heap of others its not finding trailers for but i can find them myself on youtube :S

movies like babalyon A.D and other new releases as well like transporter 3 and such that it doesn't find them for :S
Ok, more test builds.... back to using mediainfo.dll, but a slightly different implementation than before:

http://www.cube3studios.com/EMM/EMMTestx86.zip

http://www.cube3studios.com/EMM/EMMTestx64.zip

Once again, includes a new flags folder. Delete the one that you currently have in your images folder and replace with the one in the archive.

EDIT: Had to do conversions on a few items ("divx 5" = "dx50", "wma2" = "wmav2", etc)... couldn't find any others that needed converting in my library. If you find any that need conversion, please let me know.
midgetspy Wrote:I haven't been following the bugs for a while, but it just scraped a movie that was 1280x544 and called it 576p. Is this intentional?

errr... it's right by the code.... what should it be?

frieten Wrote:not sure what was causing it but i closed the program went back in and tried again and it downloaded the trailer this time.

seems like the dark night is all its working for lol got a heap of others its not finding trailers for but i can find them myself on youtube :S

movies like babalyon A.D and other new releases as well like transporter 3 and such that it doesn't find them for :S

It gets the youtube link from TMDB. If it's not finding a trailer, the best thing you can do is find the best quality trailer you can on YouTube, then add the link to TMDB so Ember will download it for you and everyone else who tries to get the trailer for the movie. Note that it may take a while for the API cache to refresh, so the trailer won't be "visible" to Ember right away.
Oh, yeah, before I forget, you can now reach us on IRC (irc.freenode.net) in #embermm. If you need any "live" help join us in there. Wink
nul7 Wrote:errr... it's right by the code.... what should it be?

720p. I have a bunch of movies like that... 1280x??? is *all* 720p, no matter the vertical resolution. 1280x544, for example is 720p at 2.35:1.