Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
midgetspy Wrote:720p. I have a bunch of movies like that... 1280xHuh is *all* 720p, no matter the vertical resolution. 1280x544, for example is 720p at 2.35:1.

Alright... I'll update the code.

EDIT: But there is a 1280 x 1080... all these odd resolutions are what makes it difficult to code for each variation
ok well i got some time tonight so i dont mind going thru and finding youtube video trailers and adding them to TMDB, just have to figure out how to do that lol there site loads so slow when i try and open movies over there :S

edit, ARGGH WTF
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/170

it has a trailer Sad but ember aint finding it Sad
frieten Wrote:ok well i got some time tonight so i dont mind going thru and finding youtube video trailers and adding them to TMDB, just have to figure out how to do that lol there site loads so slow when i try and open movies over there :S

edit, ARGGH WTF
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/170

it has a trailer Sad but ember aint finding it Sad

I get a server error when trying to view the page. They must be having probs at the moment.
yeah everytime i try anything over there i get problems lol could be another reason why it doesn't find trailers with ember, maybe its just because TMDB have problems.

but i've never had it find trailers from any of the other sites on the lists in the settings options.

(edit) well i registered over there and i can edit the trailers, they work after i edit them so thats a start.

will go thru a few more and then see if ember picks them up lol.
frieten Wrote:yeah everytime i try anything over there i get problems lol could be another reason why it doesn't find trailers with ember, maybe its just because TMDB have problems.

but i've never had it find trailers from any of the other sites on the lists in the settings options.

Strange... using The Dark Knight as an example, I get 30+ trailers.

EDIT: And I just saw that IMDB changed their page layout. grrrrr

EDIT2: Apparently IMDB no longer lists trailers outside of their own site. That means the only trailers that are possible to download are from IMDB themselves or YouTube/TMDB. Depending on what country you live in, you may not be able to access IMDB trailers, so the only available option is TMDB.

EDIT3: If anyone knows of any trailer sites that can be searched by imdb id I would looooove to know about them.
I like the new test version.

There's just one big bug :

You edit a film then manual edit then save then OK.
And all your extrathumbs are renamed tempthumbx.jpg and emm uncheck the extracolum Sad
For anyone building from SVN you'll need the new flags folder from this zip:

http://www.cube3studios.com/EMM/Flags.zip

You will also need to put this xml file in the Bin folder:

http://www.cube3studios.com/EMM/Languages.xml
(right-click and save as)
Tolriq Wrote:I like the new test version.

There's just one big bug :

You edit a film then manual edit then save then OK.
And all your extrathumbs are renamed tempthumbx.jpg and emm uncheck the extracolum Sad

Should be fixed for next release now.
Can you import Native Studio Flags.
The old System with Studio.xml work not correct.
I have make a Pack with 917 Native Studio Flags you can import the Flags Rolleyes

Here can find you the Thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=358...tcount=244

Sorry for my bad English Big Grin
nul7 Wrote:Strange... using The Dark Knight as an example, I get 30+ trailers.

EDIT: And I just saw that IMDB changed their page layout. grrrrr

EDIT2: Apparently IMDB no longer lists trailers outside of their own site. That means the only trailers that are possible to download are from IMDB themselves or YouTube/TMDB. Depending on what country you live in, you may not be able to access IMDB trailers, so the only available option is TMDB.

EDIT3: If anyone knows of any trailer sites that can be searched by imdb id I would looooove to know about them.

could explain it since im in australia.

been going thru TMDB and updating youtube videos lol im up to the letter C in my collection of movies, yay.

now, how long does it take for them to update there API so they will show up in scans with ember?

gonna go to bed soon reckon it will show up in scans when i wake up?
frieten Wrote:could explain it since im in australia.

been going thru TMDB and updating youtube videos lol im up to the letter C in my collection of movies, yay.

now, how long does it take for them to update there API so they will show up in scans with ember?

gonna go to bed soon reckon it will show up in scans when i wake up?

He was meaning, that those counties(I think all, but US), who are not allowed to download trailers from IMDB, will have to rely on TMDB and links to youtube.

Somebody mentioned earlier, that TMDB API updates every 4 hours. Fingers crossed. Please give some feedback if you see your trailers after wake up(assuming you sleep more then 4 hoursBig Grin).
can anyone help me to understand how the "official" media flagging works?

I want to be able to use my offline flag Smile

thanks
Again maybe I missed it in the last 20 pages or so, but is there a reason there's no Apple option for trailers? All the API/scraping code should be available in the AMT plugin...
midgetspy Wrote:Again maybe I missed it in the last 20 pages or so, but is there a reason there's no Apple option for trailers? All the API/scraping code should be available in the AMT plugin...

There is no API for Apple movie trailers. It's not designed for scraping.
In top of that, most of the trailers are available only via ITunes.

Did you find a search feature in AMT plugin?
It's only able to play/download recently added trailers from the front page of Apple trailers.
Hi, I have a big library with around 3000 titles. Up to now I have been using Media Companion and thought I would give Ember Media Manager a try. However I am having a few issues and am not sure if its something I am doing or a bug.

The first thing is when I try to scan my movies into it, not everything is being picked up. My setup is as follows:

Movies Archive/DVD1/(Then four movies will be loose in this folder)
Movies Archive/DVD2/(Then four movies will be loose in this folder)
Movies Archive/DVD3/(Then four movies will be loose in this folder)
...etc

Movies with subititles will have their own folder ie

Movies Archive/DVD3/Movie name/Movie.avi

All of my files have .nfo and .tbn and fanart already from Media Companion.
What puzzles me is that not all the movies are being picked up. I have Ember set to "Use Tiltle from NFO if Availabe" and "Scan Folder Recursively"

I can tell Media Companion to scan a folder and it will scan all subfolders and pick up the .nfo if available. It seems Ember doesnt like the way I have arranged my movie folders on my pc.

Secondly with posters is there no way to add the URL to an image online? Or do I have to manually download it and tell ember where it is?

I hope someone can shed some light. Thanks