Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I thought it was posted earlier that r429 was out?

For trailer resources ... Hulu, Moviefone, Yahoo -- however, you run into the same issue, which is although these sites offer very high-quality, non-transcoded trailers (unlike many trailers on YouTube) -- just how far back do they go / how many do they have?

I'm not a big trailer person, so I'm not familiar with the inventory of these versus IMDB.
next to implement could be making of's and interviews and other clips linked to a movie.
neurosis13 Wrote:next to implement could be making of's and interviews and other clips linked to a movie.

wow ... OK this is now officially out control....
Quote:wow ... OK this is now officially out control....
I'm not one to suggest I have the definitive answer for what is the most important; however, I do agree that links to "making of", etc -- would seem to be a bit over the top, until such a time as there is a definitive location to get the information -- at which point it would probably exist simply because there is not a ton of overhead to offering it.

But that's just my opinion.

For other trailer sites (beyond Hulu, Moviefone, Yahoo -- that I mentioned);
trailerspy.com
traileraddict.com
Theres more than enough in Movies now and in my experience it runs solidly, quickly and smoothly. I think its time TV shows were added as nobody can 100% switch over to Ember until it is.
Radikaltimes Wrote:wow ... OK this is now officially out control....

Amen to that...with all these extras we'll never see the TV sideEek
HexusOdy Wrote:Theres more than enough in Movies now and in my experience it runs solidly, quickly and smoothly. I think its time TV shows were added as nobody can 100% switch over to Ember until it is.

Very true. I have to use MIP still for TV Shows but only the tvupdate executable thing. I have it auto run every morning.
Quote: I think its time TV shows were added as nobody can 100% switch over to Ember until it is.

Nobody? Personally, I'm quite happy using Ember alone. I'd much rather have a well-written, well-thought, bulletproof movie organizer without TV -- than I would something like MIP.

No offense to MIP, it's just that like many, I'm far more worried about a huge, difficult to organize movie collection -- than a couple dozen varieties of different TV shows, etc.

Again, I'm not downplaying the TV side, I'm just saying that the use of the term "nobody" is extreme and that I for one, much appreciate getting movies right before moving on to TV...
to all these people linking trailer sites, is it possible to download trailers from these sites and put them in the movies folder?
frieten Wrote:to all these people linking trailer sites, is it possible to download trailers from these sites and put them in the movies folder?

yes. thats what you had to do before emm had these capabilites.. call the file <movie>-trailer
ok well i might just do that for now until the new release.
HexusOdy Wrote:Theres more than enough in Movies now and in my experience it runs solidly, quickly and smoothly. I think its time TV shows were added as nobody can 100% switch over to Ember until it is.

Agree here. Believe that the movie part is outstanding now. Trailer was the last piece missing and with TMDB/Youtube and IMDB this is perfectly covered now. Really nice and impressive work here and worth to put on feature freeze.

TV shows woudl be a fantastic addition and would indeed prevent us from using 2 media managers. Further ahead, also music would be fantastic, which nothing is really around these days and XBMC/Skins are more and more integrating.

This project is becoming an amazing scale. Thanks to Jason and team for the fantastic work!!!
OK

Using R503 on 64bit 7 RC

Files / Folder with symbols causing weird behaviour (eg Angels & Demons) - scanning not working exception error - cannot convert to integer?

Trailers - aarrgghh it's killing me - USED to find loads normally mattrailers.com but after the thing about IMDB changes getting next to none - still wondering why film name cannot be used as a lookup

still ongoing problem with adding fanarts as extrathumbs - even though I move across to the extrathumbs screen and hit refresh nothing shows until I ok then go back in

MPAA / Certification - after scanning keep losing the Cert field. MPAA set to UK:12 for example but not filling in Cert field to 12.

cheers

Brent
For everybody using SVN:

Please don't use the latest versions(~r482 and later).
EMM is under heavy development, it's not stable at the moment. Some features are not working.

This is becuase we are switching to database mode. Every info will be stored in the database and this will be synchronized with the created files(nfo's, posters, fanarts, etc.)

To implement this, there is major code rewriting ongoing these days.

So say tuned, we will announce it when finished. Rough estimation is 1-2, max. 3 days.

Again, don't use latest SVN versions now!
I believe Movie section is ALMOST complete, the only thing that's missing in my opinion is multi-scraper/different language scrapers ie KinoPoisk support is missing. When that's added i'll be 1000% satisfied. Any idea when that is getting implemented?

Thanks.