Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ember Media Manager NFO/Poster/FanArt Manager for Movies (Open Source VB.NET)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
same here
rausch101 Wrote:"Use Certification for MPAA" doesn't seem to be working for me. (r626)

I have quite a few movies that aren't returning any mpaa tag (but do have the certification tag) and as a result the rating is not displaying in xbmc. I've tried removing the nfo completely, removing just the certification tag, updating only the certification/mpaa all to no avail.

Some movies that have this problem:

"Aladdin (1992)"
"Back to the Future (1985)"
"Blazing Saddles (1974)"

Any suggestions? Or is this a bug?
i've found that if there's not MPAA rating description, the rating doesn't get saved. i've just been putting in a "." and then it saves it.
nul7 Wrote:Check the "Only" option next to the fanart preferred size setting.

thanks. i find that when i have that checked, EMM doesn't find all the fanart available on TMDB. one example is Oliver & company. if i have the "only" checked, it says there is no fanart. if i uncheck it, it gives me the one on the site. another example is P.S. I Love You. checked, you get 1 fanart. unchecked, you get 4.
Nul does Ember work with Windows 7 64 bit? I have it installed with NET Framework 3.5, but when I try to run it I get a framework error (sorry can't remember exactly what the error is, I'm at work).
DataVamp Wrote:Nul does Ember work with Windows 7 64 bit? I have it installed with NET Framework 3.5, but when I try to run it I get a framework error (sorry can't remember exactly what the error is, I'm at work).

I run Ember on Windows 7 64 bit and it works error-free for me.
Damn, guess I'll have to wait until I get home to post the error.

Thanks Rausch
flipped cracker Wrote:i've found that if there's not MPAA rating description, the rating doesn't get saved. i've just been putting in a "." and then it saves it.
Interesting and good to know. I've exprecienced mpaa not being saved too if there is just certification and no mpaa.
Nuno Wrote:First you have to lock all movies you do NOT want to rename (this is the only option to select movies for now)
Second, in Folder and/or File pattern use:
$T.$Y.bluray
The output will be "The Movie Name.year.blueray"
To replace SPACES with period use:
$T.$Y.bluray$X.
The output will be "The.Movie.Name.year.blueray"
To replace SPACES with _ use:
$T.$Y.bluray$X_
The output will be "The_Movie_Name.year.blueray"

If you want only to change filenames use $D on folder pattern and the above in file pattern. To keep the filename and change directory use $F in file pattern and the above in folder pattern.

I can try all flags and watch for the result real time in the list.. only after hit rename change will be done.

Nuno, what syntax would I use for changing "the.movie.name.br" to "the.movie.name.bluray" using $F?

I'm finding $T is hard to use many times since the title has invalid syntax for filenames (ie /, ). So instead I want to use the $F and just remove the "br" and replace it with "bluray"....

thanks again
Have any Mac users got this to work with Crossover?
clock2113 Wrote:Have any Mac users got this to work with Crossover?

Media Reader works natively on the Mac, does the same.
uncertainty Wrote:Nuno, what syntax would I use for changing "the.movie.name.br" to "the.movie.name.bluray" using $F?

I'm finding $T is hard to use many times since the title has invalid syntax for filenames (ie /, ). So instead I want to use the $F and just remove the "br" and replace it with "bluray"....

thanks again

You cant in current version. Next version after feature freeze will get something for it.
flipped cracker Wrote:thanks. i find that when i have that checked, EMM doesn't find all the fanart available on TMDB. one example is Oliver & company. if i have the "only" checked, it says there is no fanart. if i uncheck it, it gives me the one on the site. another example is P.S. I Love You. checked, you get 1 fanart. unchecked, you get 4.

I must be missing the point of what you're asking for then. lol It's not finding all the fanart available, because it's only downloading what you have selected as the preferred size. Is that not what you meant:

flipped cracker Wrote:it'd also be nice to have to option to only show original size fanarts. i'm probably never gonna use anything but the full size.

? Or are there fanart images available that ARE of the correct size, but not showing in Ember? This may be a case of the API cache has not been updated with new entries.

DataVamp Wrote:Damn, guess I'll have to wait until I get home to post the error.

Thanks Rausch

Yes, please post the exact error so we can help figure out what's going on.

rernst Wrote:Media Reader works natively on the Mac, does the same.

Except it doesn't work as well, isn't as easy to use, doesn't have as many features, or look as good. Man, stop spamming our thread.
here's what's happening. i'll use PS I Love You as the example since it has multiple fanart images. there's one 1920x1080 and 3 1280x720. in ember, if i select large as my preferred fanart size, and check the only box, i will only get the 1920x1080 image. if i select medium, i only get 780x439 images (all 4). so if i have the only box checked, i can't get the 1280x720 images.
flipped cracker Wrote:here's what's happening. i'll use PS I Love You as the example since it has multiple fanart images. there's one 1920x1080 and 3 1280x720. in ember, if i select large as my preferred fanart size, and check the only box, i will only get the 1920x1080 image. if i select medium, i only get 780x439 images (all 4). so if i have the only box checked, i can't get the 1280x720 images.

Hmmm.. and when you don't check "Only" they display in Ember?
nul7 Wrote:Hmmm.. and when you don't check "Only" they display in Ember?
yes, if i don't have it checked, i get all the fanart images along with the medium and thumb images too