Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problem with fanart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

After I already post this question in the aeon part of this forum (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=3...post330250), I would like to ask here, if my problem has something to do with my current build of xbmc or somebody else has this problem with xbmc and linux (especially ubuntu).

Since a while, xbmc (in conjunction with the aeon stark and/or auriga skin) won't show my fanarts. At the beginning everything worked but now, the fanarts of the new added movies don't show up. Every movie is in a separate folder like the following example:

Code:
movie - name.mkv
movie - name.tbn
movie - name-fanart.jpg
fanart.jpg
folder.jpg

First I thought this is a problem of aeon, but perhaps I have to search the failure in xbmc. My current xbmc version is:
Code:
xbmc@xbmc:~$ dpkg -l | grep xbmc
ii  xbmc                                       9.04~rc1svn19929-hardy1        The Full XBMC meta package
ii  xbmc-common                                9.04~rc1svn19929-hardy1        XBMC common package
ii  xbmc-skin-pm3-hd                           9.04~rc1svn19929-hardy1        XBMC PM3 HD skin package
ii  xbmc-web-pm3                               9.04~rc1svn19929-hardy1        XBMC Webserver Project Mahem III skin packag

Does anybody know, if there is a known bug?

Thanks
I found out, that this problem came with the
Code:
xbmc - 9.04~beta1svn19693-hardy1
release.

In the
Code:
xbmc - 9.04~beta1svn19641-hardy1
release everything worked.

Could somebody tell me, if this can be fixed?

Thanks
Perhaps I should explain the problem a little bit more. The Bug just happens in file mode (not library). I tried it with the Aeon Stark, Aeon Auriga and the Mediastream skin. Fanarts which I added before the
Code:
xbmc - 9.04~beta1svn19693-hardy1
update are still there. The problem concerns just the fanart.jpg not the movie - name-fanart.jpg.

I hope, I expressed myself clearly. Rolleyes

Edit:
Code:
- Ubuntu 8.04 up to date as of 2009-05-09
- Linux 2.6.24-23-generic i686
- 9.04~rc1svn19929-hardy1

Aeon stark, file mode, showcase view, movie with fanart:

Aeon stark, file mode, showcase view, movie without fanart:
(the picture with the tv is my standard backdrop for videos)
no, we won't fix that for file view. it was removed for very good reasons, it slows things to a crawl.

i.e. not a bug
hmm... what a pity! I really like file mode... I think I have to convert my collection for library now Eek
yeah.

we plan to fix all this. the issue is that as it is filemode works both as a scanner and a window. which means we have to check for those files missing fanarts each and every time we list a directory. which is not nice over smb.
spiff Wrote:which is not nice over smb.

I understand this, in the near future I'd like to build an htpc connected via network.
Perhaps a silly question. Does filemode always scan? Also if I use librarymode?

spiff Wrote:we plan to fix all this
Could it than be possible, that fanart works some day also in filemode or do you talking about something else?
you can scan your flicks to using library mode. the fanart should then also pop up in file view.

the idea is to ditch the file view entirely (don't start yelling yet! Smile) and integrate library and file view into one unified view where the file sources are available at the library root.
spiff Wrote:you can scan your flicks to using library mode. the fanart should then also pop up in file view.
I have already, but it doesn't work.

spiff Wrote:the idea is to ditch the file view entirely (don't start yelling yet! Smile) and integrate library and file view into one unified view where the file sources are available at the library root.
This sounds good. But at the moment I have still some ?. For example I don't have tv-shows as single files, I just have a iso for one season (or dvd) and so I don't know how to scan. But I think I have to read a little bit more about the nfo.
spiff Wrote:you can scan your flicks to using library mode. the fanart should then also pop up in file view.

the idea is to ditch the file view entirely (don't start yelling yet! Smile) and integrate library and file view into one unified view where the file sources are available at the library root.

Yell, Yell........

Library mode doesn't work good enough to make that a wise decision. Besides being erroneous a lot of time (probably because of the type of movies) it is also quite slow when scanning for new content.
Then please do something about it.

Hmm.....VERY nice !!