Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Problems with Babylon Installed on USB w/ audio and vdpau
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed Babylon onto a 4GB usb drive using the installer script. I then copied my .xbmc directory from a working SVN version of Atlantis. When playing files, I have no sound, nor does VDPAU seem to work because the video is very choppy. I have an intel soundcard which was causing me problems in Intrepid as well, forcing me to fall back to alsa, however it doesn't seem that I can do the same trick of doing sudo killall pulseaudio; sudo alsa force-reload (no matching processes found for pulseaudio).

I have attached the debug logs minus the scraping info:

http://pastie.org/470761

One thing that stuck out was

Code:
20:17:09 T:2817366928 M:921489408   ERROR: PulseAudio: Passthrough not possible

The Video Card is an 8500GT PCI

Thanks in advance
try to start from a clean install (no previous settings) and check if you have the same result
Sorry for the delayed response.

I tried a clean install and get the same issues, no sound and x264 playback is choppy. Let me know if you want me to post an additional debug.log. I have a feeling they'll say the same thing.
Code:
WARNING: Upscale: selected algorithm 1
This might mean you have upscaling turned on. Ensure that it's disabled and see if it makes a difference. Additionally you could try with and without VDPAU.

I was experiencing dropped frames during playback without VDPAU and the upscaling was causing the frame drops.
I will look into the upscaling setting when I get home.

As far as the sound issue is concerned I'm betting I just need to turn off PulseAudio, and am googling around for the best, least traumatic way of accomplishing this. Suggestions would be welcome.
I fixed VDPAU by forcing VDPAU as the rendering option instead of having it auto-detect. Now my only problem is fixing the SPDIF audio out. Anyone have any suggestions?
runelind Wrote:I fixed VDPAU by forcing VDPAU as the rendering option instead of having it auto-detect. Now my only problem is fixing the SPDIF audio out. Anyone have any suggestions?

Actually changing the rendering option to VDPAU caused the system not to boot after a reboot, so I'm back to square one Sad

I'll be stuck on the Atlantis SVN forever Laugh

What else do you need that could be of assistance?