Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Upgrade from RC1 to Final?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Congrats to the Dev team on Babylon final!

Quick question -- in the RC1 release notes it said:

"Finally, the XBMC repositories sources are already configured and topfs2's cool script "Aptitude" is included, so updating XBMC to follow the new releases will hopefully be easy!"

I've got RC1 installed to HD. How do I go about upgrading to Final?

Thanks!
you have two ways of upgrading:

1. use the script aptitude
2. drop to a test console (or connect via ssh) and type:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
ReallyHuh So you're saying all the XBMC development code is stored in the ubuntu repositories, or an XBMC repository has been included? Doesn't work for me anyway, says GPG error and to run apt-get update to fix it which of course just re-generates the error. Hopefully someone else get's more luck. Me, I'm the suspicious type, I think I'll just go with the live CD since the aptitude script doesn't seem to work either Sad
you can simply ignore the GPG error, or import the key reported here as described here if you are suspicious... Smile
l.capriotti Wrote:you have two ways of upgrading:

1. use the script aptitude
2. drop to a test console (or connect via ssh) and type:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

Thanks l.capriotti! The upgrade went great. Does this also upgrade the Nvidia drivers? Was there a change from RC1 to Final?

Thanks!
no changes to nvidia drivers, and no way to update drivers that way - unless a number ot additional packages are installed and some system settings are changed.