Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple Apple Trailers Plugins Causing Conflict?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys.

I installed XBMC 9.04 on Vista and am having difficulties working the Apple trailer plugins. Basically the 'trailer' button on the movie information page doesn't work nor does it display an error.

It seems I have both the Apple Movie Trailers II and Trailers Lite plugins installed and am unsure if this is what's causing the problem.

Is the Lite version the successor to Trailers II? Can I remove Trailers II?

I tried doing so by selecting it and hitting the delete key and confirming removal but it's still there in the plugins list...

Please help! :>
Yes, afaik Apple Movie Trailers Lite is the successor, however I had to browse through a few forums to find this out. It would be nice if all plugins were in the same place and structured nicely. But I guess forums are OK for now Smile

Here's the official thread for this plugin: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33693

Anyway this plugin works great for me, the only downside is that you can't search for trailers, you can only see the newest ones.
I prefer the apple movie trailers script, over 2000 movies and can search by name, actor or sort be genre. Big Grin
Scripts and the trailer button in the movie info dialog have nothing to do with each other. Either your chosen scraper doesn't search for trailers or it didn't find one.
[deleted]
Thanks for the replies guys.

althekiller Wrote:Scripts and the trailer button in the movie info dialog have nothing to do with each other. Either your chosen scraper doesn't search for trailers or it didn't find one.

I'm using IMDB as the scraper. Which one do you recommend?
IMDb does not serve trailers to all regions of the world.
It does appear to be serving trailers sometimes but they're never 720p/1080p.

Is there any way I can manually add my own trailers? Perhaps by placing them in some defined directory with the exact same name as the original video file or something like that?