Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote (PS3 BD) + LIRC + XBMC = SUCCESS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ok, same problem here with pressing PS button to disconnect... now waiting for automatic suspend of connection and see if this works now...

edit:

doesn't work either...

Code:
bluetoothd[8748]: ps3remote_event: Passed key 28:1
bluetoothd[8748]: ps3remote_event: Passed key 28:0
bluetoothd[8748]: ps3remote_out: idle timeout, disconnecting BT channel
bluetoothd[8748]: Input: disconnect /org/bluez/8748/hci0/dev_00_21_4F_AC_6A_36
bluetoothd[8748]: ps3remote_event: Remote unpaired [28:0]
bluetoothd[8748]: ps3remote_event: Event failed
bluetoothd[8748]: adapter_get_device(00:21:4F:AC:6A:36)
eh, no, it works for me till r4.52. ps button I mean.
@kubax:
strange that you're not getting even "Incoming connection on PSM" 17/19. So it is different issue. Will dig into it after find what breaks it in r4.53, might be related somehow
ok, now i'm realy confused ^^

which version should i use to get the PS thingy and suspend working?

i've allready trier 4.50 and 4.48.
ruff, is there still a possibility for you of making a prebuilt package? I just explored some of the options for installing, but it would be handiest if i have a gunzipped package of everything necessary, prepatched and all for XBMScript
@kubax: your issue seems different, can you check cpu load after turning off or timing out the remote?
@flxfxp: I submitted the patch to bluez, not sure about release in which it will be applied, if will. I can gztar current 4.54 snapshot with patches applied, will it suffice?
Yes this will suffice ruff, assuming that you're talking about a compiled snapshot Smile
Please also include some instructions on how to install this using a vanilla ubuntu installation, so nothing else installed yet. This will allow me to quickly implement it in xbmscript for others.

Thanks,

Dennis
hmm.. if you mean that, cpu load in top is arrount 1.00 but, with xbmc and vdr running and viewing a movie without any lag..
kubax Wrote:hmm.. if you mean that, cpu load in top is arrount 1.00 but, with xbmc and vdr running and viewing a movie without any lag..
Well, I meant cpu load caused by bluetoothd, but, since it is not notable - it doesn't matter. How you normally connecting the remote? If you have blueman - is it showing device as unpaired and then paired again on timeout and reconnect?
ok, yesterday i rebooted my mashine, and have top running while disconnection my ps3 remote, then my bluetoothd gets 99% of cpu time... i think this is what you meant...

couldn't see for now what blueman says, but i will try it later and edit it here...

Edit:
ok, it seems bluetoothd got in trouble while disconnecting the remote.. it cpu% goes up all the way, when disconnecting... trying to see what blueman sais now...

Edit2:
ok, blueman, it's shown in the applet, but the symbol to the right is not there.
when i press a button on the remote it pops up for a second or so, and that disappears..

I have to manualy restart bluetoothd and redo the thingy in blueman-applet (rightclick -> setup?(Einrichten) and do "no pairing" -> "input events"
than i can reconnect my remote with bluetoothd, until next connection loss...

oh, if this matters, my system is 64bit...
I've patched compiled and installed Bluez 4.50 succesfully.
I'm using the Ubuntu Minimal CD 9.04 in combination with XBMScript which installs fluxbox as a window manager. Blueman is purely GTK which makes it difficult for me to pair using blueman-applet. Bluez is working fine because I can find my remote using hcitool scan.
Using blueman-applet in startx only outputs a lot of text instead of building a gui. What would you suggest to do?

By the way, where does bdremoteng come in play? Can I use that for pairing?

Regards,

Dennis

p.s: I also tried
Code:
xbmc@AurigaHD:~$ sudo hcitool cc 00:1E:3D:11:53:EA
Can't create connection: Input/output error
bdremoteng isn't needed with the patch for bluez.

with the patch your remote will use as a keyboard.
the text that goes by when you start blueman-applet is the report that gui can't be build in case of non or fault installation of gtk... could you past the code in here, for more information?
I just noticed it actually did pop up a icon, but the gtk text was completely unreadable. However, I want to try first using hcitool for easy integration and i mucked some things up so I'm currently reinstalling. There should be no difference in pairing using blueman or hcitool cc right? I mean, blueman is a frontend to it AFAIK.
in my case pairing with hcitool doesn't work... i get input error all the time...
if you find a way to to do it with hcitool, post it please ^^
Pff, I didnt change anything but now it says:
Code:
xbmc@AurigaHD:~$ sudo hcitool scan
Device is not available: No such device
Christ...
Here are the commands I've used from a vanilla MinimalCD 9.04 installment:
Code:
sudo apt-get install build-essential cdbs fakeroot dh-make debhelper debconf libstdc++5 dkms linux-headers-$(uname -r); sudo apt-get build-dep bluez
wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/bluetooth/bluez-4.50.tar.gz
tar xzvf bluez-4.50.tar.gz
cd bluez-4.50
wget http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/50769/xbmscript/device.patch; wget http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/50769/xbmscript/fakehid.patch
patch -p1 < device.patch; patch -p1 < fakehid.patch
./configure
make
sudo make install
sudo hcitool scan
Any ideas?
This is really getting on my nerves... I somehow cant get it working again.
lsusb does show the dongle:
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0a12:0001 Cambridge Silicon Radio, Ltd Bluetooth Dongle (HCI mode)

This is one of the reasons linux sometimes sucks.