Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Blank Screen & no guisettings.xml
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got the box set up by a friend who warned me of the wrong screen resolution.

now my issue is as the atv xbmc was set-up at his the screen resolution is wrong and my screen comes up blank....

i saw a post about removing the guisettings.xml file which would reset the resolutions but i cannot find the file. it only comes up with

-rw-r--r-- 1 frontrow frontrow 1448 May 10 09:22 LCD.xml
-rw-r--r-- 1 frontrow frontrow 733 May 10 09:22 ModeLines.xml
drwxr-xr-x 5 frontrow frontrow 170 May 10 09:22 PictureIcon
-rw-r--r-- 1 frontrow frontrow 391 May 10 09:22 RssFeeds.xml
drwxr-xr-x 2 frontrow frontrow 68 May 10 09:22 visualisations

in the userdata....

my friend is away now and i wanna get this done. please help...thx

AppleTV + Sony 40' 1080p tv....
No guisettings.xml file means that it was not run. Are you sure you are reading the correct folder? We don't want the Userdata inside the XBMC.app - we want it inside your application support area.
"No guisettings.xml file means that it was not run. Are you sure you are reading the correct folder? We don't want the Userdata inside the XBMC.app - we want it inside your application support area."

it worked.....i found the correct folder where guisettings.xml was and removed it.....

thanks
FYI the path is:

AppleTV: /Users/frontrow/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml

OS X: /Users/<user running XBMC>/Library/Application\ Support/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml