Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video Info Dialog Bug?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure if I've found a bug or a 'feature' but it looks like checking for Container.Content(seasons) doesn't work properly in the video info dialog as it always returns false even when opening the dialog for a season.

It seems that the content type in the dialog seems to be set to tvshows instead? (Container.Content(tvshows) is true when looking at the info for a season)

Anyone able to confirm or have I messed up somewhere?
Information on a season goes to the tvshow info, yes. There is no separate information held for seasons.
But the label (Season 1 etc) and thumb are season specific?

My problem is that the TV thumb is usually wide and the season thumb is poster so I'd like to be able to display them differently but unfortunately I can't do that if the info dialog treats them the same?
Dunno how it works to be honest - I thought all it did was go back to show information - didn't know it did anything different Smile

Hopefully someone who does know will chime in.
Its probably because for the info label you use ListItem.Title so technically its correct if you use the old id's to get the title and the image it might be different (at a guess)
How it works at the moment, other than Container.Content(seasons) always returning false, is fine.

This is what my MiniMeedia video info dialog currently shows when I click info on a season:

I would like it to be almost the same except that the title would have the tv show name (eg "The Simpsons - Season 20) and the thumb image would be sized and placed differently, as at the moment it is displaying it as if it was a wide tv show thumb.

Oh, just noticed that the episode count is the tv show count and not the season count too.
ticket(s) please
Added tickets #6624 and #6625